Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We lost because of poor execution....period.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it is has always been true in sports......
    good coaching translates into way less victories
    than poor coaching accounts for losses.

deny it if you will ...but...

Jeter + Rivera > Joe Torre.
    Eli + Strahan > TC.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
      this is not true at all

there are many QBs in the league who are not allowed audible responsibility

there may even be less QBs allowed this responsibility than ones that are

Michael Vick is among those who is given a play....and he runs that play

when you see most of these QBs barking at the line before a cadence they are adjusting protections not changing plays

....and Eli has access to the whole game plan when at the line not only the plays sent into his ear piece
      Exactly. Very few QBs have as much responsibility and flexibility at the line as Eli does.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBomb View Post
        The gameplan was ball control to keep Griffen off the field, as we had NO answer for him on defense. The staff knew it long before the game started.

This is a very smart decision based on that fact. Dropped balls, stupid penalties and errant passes cost us this game. Those are all execution issues. Execute the gameplan, Giants win easily. The Giants didn't.

That being said.....Gilbride doesn't get off the hook for this loss either. Question for you, Kev: If I know that on 2nd and 10 that we will run a handoff to AB up the middle EVERY TIME.....don't you think the Redskins knew too? Yeah.....that will be the reason why it didn't work EVERY TIME!!

In hindsight....the way the Giants beat Griffen is to air it out and outscore them.
        AMEN

Comment

• Originally posted by stormblue View Post
          it is has always been true in sports......
          good coaching translates into way less victories
          than poor coaching accounts for losses.

deny it if you will ...but...

Jeter + Rivera > Joe Torre.
          Eli + Strahan > TC.
          Explain the Eagles of the past 2 seasons... Or the Chargers of the past 6 or 7 years... Or the Cowboys for the 4 years before this one...

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
            Explain the Eagles of the past 2 seasons... Or the Chargers of the past 6 or 7 years... Or the Cowboys for the 4 years before this one...
            i just did....
            poor coaching loses more games than good coaching wins games.

Norv Turner , Jason Garret , Wade Philips...excellent coordinators.....lousy HC's.

and you can find numerous posts by me that impune Andy Ried for the waste of talent
            he has been in charge of over there. he is absolute verification that poor coaching costs games.

that team with McNabb and that defense should have gotten a ring or two.
            that man wasted D McNabbs career....his offense made #5 a tackling dummy.

A Ried is the perfect example of my point.
            M Schottenheimer is another.
            Last edited by stormblue; 12-05-2012, 06:13 PM.
            my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

• Originally posted by stormblue View Post
              i just did....
              poor coaching loses more games than good coaching wins games.

Norv Turner , Jason Garret ...excellent coordinators.....lousy HC's.

and you can find numerous posts by me that impune Andy Ried for the waste of talent
              he has been in charge of over there. he is absolute verification that poor coaching costs games.

that team with McNabb and that defense should have gotten a ring or two.
              that man wasted D McNabbs career....his offense made #5 a tackling dummy.

A Ried is the perfect example of my point.
              So, coaching only matters when a team loses?

Comment

So, coaching only matters when a team loses?

that is not what i said and you know it.
                so stop face-palming me ; and slap yourself.

Comment

• We lost because we still are having problems in the redzone. Would have thought the signing of Bennet would have helped that. We were able to get it to him for the 1st TD. After that we had to settle for field goals. If one of those FGs would have been a TD instead we would have won the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingTruck View Post
                    We lost because we still are having problems in the redzone. Would have thought the signing of Bennet would have helped that. We were able to get it to him for the 1st TD. After that we had to settle for field goals. If one of those FGs would have been a TD instead we would have won the game.
                    Or if we made the missed FG.

Comment

Exactly. It's sad to think that in reality all we had to score was 20 points to win the game, and we couldn't even do that.

Comment

they were in the red zone at the end of the game and got there by just trying to run the clock out.

In other words, we would have lost even if we had made that FG.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          they were in the red zone at the end of the game and got there by just trying to run the clock out.

In other words, we would have lost even if we had made that FG.
                          Very true.

I still can't believe that the defense couldn't get off the field in the 4th. They had the ball for nearly 10:30 in the 4th. Not saying the offense capitalized on many opportunities earlier in the game, but they weren't given many chances after Washington went up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            they were in the red zone at the end of the game and got there by just trying to run the clock out.In other words, we would have lost even if we had made that FG.
                            Absolutely 100% correct.
                            And our last possession should have been no huddle with 4 down play calling.....
                            with no intent of giving the ball back or punting.
                            But hell , I,m not the one making 6.6 mil per year to make that decision.
                            Last edited by stormblue; 12-05-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• there may even be less QBs allowed this responsibility than ones that are
                              I may have exaggerated a little by saying every QB, but i am pretty sure a good number of Qb's out there can alter the original play to some degree. Even if it is something simple as flipping the play. Without naming the top 5 guys, i can already tell you, alex smith, sanchez, flacco, matt ryan, and tony romo can. So thats 10 guys right there, and i am sure there are more. But I think I remember you saying you have the all 22 version of NFL rewind so if you say less qb's have that ability than the ones that do, ill take your word for it.

....and Eli has access to the whole game plan when at the line not only the plays sent into his ear piece

this is why i wanted the link to where GIlbride supposedly said they only have 1 or 2 plays eli can audible to. I Imagined that Eli has a little more responsibility than that.
                              Last edited by Marvelousmik; 12-05-2012, 07:42 PM.
                              Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                                I may have exaggerated a little by saying every QB, but i am pretty sure a good number of Qb's out there can alter the original play to some degree. Even if it is something simple as flipping the play. Without naming the top 5 guys, i can already tell you, alex smith, sanchez, flacco, matt ryan, and tony romo can. So thats 10 guys right there, and i am sure there are more. But I think I remember you saying you have the all 22 version of NFL rewind so if you say less qb's have that ability than the ones that do, ill take your word for it.

this is why i wanted the link to where GIlbride supposedly said they only have 1 or 2 plays eli can audible to. I Imagined that Eli has a little more responsibility than that.
                                You're confusing Eli checking into plays with audibling.

Eli gets 2 or 3 plays that he calls in the huddle and checks into one at the line depending on the defensive look that's given. Besides that he has full audible control to change into any play that is in the gameplan if he doesn't like what he sees versus what he called in the huddle.

Comment

Working...
                                X