Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JPP calls Giants 'D' "a little soft," agrees with Rolle ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPP calls Giants 'D' "a little soft," agrees with Rolle ...

I love hearing this. Actually I hate the word soft in regards to our defense but I love that the players are hearing it and I can only hope they do something about it.

The 49ers defense is NASTY... they hit you and they hit you HARD. We desperately need to be more physical on both sides of the ball and stop letting other teams push us around.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...ees-with-rolle

Sorry thought I posted the link earlier.
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 12-05-2012, 10:43 PM.

• Parademon
    replied
    Giants D, especially Tuck..need to reach down & see if they still have their cojones with the way they have been playing D for most of the season & slobbering all over a rookie QB.

They shoulda been slobber-knocking RG3 Monday nite instead of slobbering all over him. You wanna see a buncha mean, hard hitting Giants playing D the way it should be played..check out the 86' - 90' Giants D! Watch the 2 hits they laid on Montana in the 87' divisional rd & 90' NFCCG! KOed the f&^8 outta him!

This current D needs to sit down & watch film on those 2 defenses! If the D can play half as good as those 86' & 90' defenses the rest of the yr, the SB is ours!

Leave a comment:

• Rodgers12
    replied
    Yeah right. I wouldn't call a defense that the way they looked against my Packers.

Leave a comment:

• TickleMeEli
    replied
    its the size of the fight in the dog,,,, we all know this. Lets turn that dog on and go, so sick of this "soft" nonsense, it should never be a problem in the first place (this is the NFL for crying out loud)

Leave a comment:

• TickleMeEli
    replied
    Good, its time they put away the little Cupid arrows and purple pillows,,, just put someone on their *** Sunday, where the DOG in these guys?

Leave a comment:

• Dwinsballgames
    replied
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You don't see anyone doing that, not just Strahan. It's time for Tuck to not be the defensive Captain
    Do the players elect a captain every year, or is it just a 1-time deal and he's captain in perpituity until he retires?

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
    For about a hundred reasons yes. He would not kiss up to a player and wold also not try to call them out. He respected his opponent but at the same time brought t every game. Yeah he talked on the field but that's different. Leading up to the game you didn't see him kissing up to the opponent or call anyone out.
    You don't see anyone doing that, not just Strahan. It's time for Tuck to not be the defensive Captain

Leave a comment:

• Buddy333
    replied
    Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    we need Strahan back
    For about a hundred reasons yes. He would not kiss up to a player and wold also not try to call them out. He respected his opponent but at the same time brought t every game. Yeah he talked on the field but that's different. Leading up to the game you didn't see him kissing up to the opponent or call anyone out.

Leave a comment:

• ELI_HOF_NYG
    replied
    Originally posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    We need to be that swagger back!
    we need Strahan back

Leave a comment:

• TomCat_FIN
    replied
    I think they're all tough compared to any of us (unless someone here is the UFC or World Heavyweight Boxing Champion), but the really, really hard-nosed guys seem to be only Phillips, Blackburn and JPP.

Osi and Tuck have been tremendous disappointments this year. Kiwanuka has had a couple of good games, nothing more. Boley had a few interceptions, but other than that he has been unimpressive. And in the secondary, the only guy to get a clean rap sheet from me is Prince, who has been very solid in coverage, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Eliscruzzz
    replied
    God I ****ing hate Tuck... Still, not all Giants seemed to agree with Rolle’s criticism. When defensive end Justin Tuck was asked, he said only: “His opinion.”

Someone get rid of this moppy dopey negative loser. No passion. Can Tuck actually sit there and say Rolle is wrong?? The defense was SCARED on Monday cause Tuck set that tone all WEEK. Seriously this guy can't be here next year he is DONE!!! I hope he doesn't play Sunday. Glad to hear this from JPP at least we know he still cares. Sorry Tuck but when you say a certain opponent takes the enthusiasm out of the game then YOU ARE SOFT.

Leave a comment:

• giantsfan420
    replied
    Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    JPP and Rolle both need to assume leadership over Tuck. Tuck is hardly a starting caliber player anymore.
    i think tuck could thrive as the 3rd de in the rotation tho. which means we need to draft a de, sign one, or trust ojomo or tracy

Leave a comment:

• Diamondring
    replied
    Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
    It doesn't matter what he meant. Saying that playing him is much easier is just a ridiculous thing to say.
    I'm going to have to agree with you on that one. I like that.

Leave a comment:

• gmen0820
    replied
    JPP and Rolle both need to assume leadership over Tuck. Tuck is hardly a starting caliber player anymore.

Leave a comment:

• DaKraken
    replied
    Agree with Rolle (and JPP) - get some dawg in this group. They need teeth and fire!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X