Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hakeem Nicks returns to New York Giants practice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hakeem Nicks returns to New York Giants practice

    LINK

    Hakeem Nicks was a surprise absentee from the New York Giants practice on Thursday. He was back on the field Friday and should be ready for Sunday's meeting with the New Orleans Saints.

    Nicks was held out Thursday with knee soreness, The Star-Ledger reported, and the receiver continues to deal with pain from the sprained left MCL he suffered against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 2.

    Coach Tom Coughlin said Nicks was sidelined for precautionary reasons after playing in the last seven games. He's finally found some rhythm with quarterback Eli Manning, hauling in 19 of his 46 receptions over the past three games.

    Read More...

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

  • #2
    Nicks will play if he can. I trust his judgment. Game Day is what matters. Check this out.

    Comment


    • #3
      This is great news!

      Comment


      • #4
        He might play but how effective will he be. They should have rested him earlier in the season until the bye. He had done nothing since he came back against the 49ers until his first game back after the bye and them he got hurt again a game later.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
          He might play but how effective will he be. They should have rested him earlier in the season until the bye. He had done nothing since he came back against the 49ers until his first game back after the bye and them he got hurt again a game later.
          Doesn't matter how effective he'll be. Who else would you rather have in there? Especially against this weak secondary we are playing. I'll take a 75% Nicks over a 90% Hixon.
          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

          Comment


          • #6
            You mean like the weak secondary they played last week?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
              Doesn't matter how effective he'll be. Who else would you rather have in there? Especially against this weak secondary we are playing. I'll take a 75% Nicks over a 90% Hixon.
              I'm not so sure about that.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                I'm not so sure about that.
                Yeah, especially because that's exactly what we have been seeing since he came back against the 49ers and has been a non factor.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  I'm not so sure about that.
                  Usually I'd agree but it seems that Nicks is the only WR on the team right now who can actually hold on to the ball. Hes not going to beat anyone deep but at least he can be used as a security blanket.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                    Usually I'd agree but it seems that Nicks is the only WR on the team right now who can actually hold on to the ball. Hes not going to beat anyone deep but at least he can be used as a security blanket.
                    I I think Nicks is still the best receiver on the team but his value is when he is 100 percent he gives Cruz, Randle, & Jernigan the chance to make plays as well due to his coverage
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X