One problem about David Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Molossus View Post
    I'm a Giants fan who lives in Detroit and a good friend of mine works in front office of Lions.. He recently told me that the Lions are interested in Wilson to give their org depth at RB and think the Giants are underutilizing his talent.. Said it's probably a long shot but that in the off-season they may explore options to pick up Wilson from Giants if the Giants are unhappy with his development. take it for what it's worth.. hope it doesn't happen as I think the kid can be really good if given some more touches..
    Assuming you are speaking the truth, I think both parties could help each other out big time with a potential trade. Maybe we could give them Wilson for Leshoure and a 2nd/3rd? I doubt Reese would give up on a 1st rounder so early unless Wilson was some huge headache behind the scenes we don't know about though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
      trade Wilson and draft a real RB
      Give him more time

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
        Assuming you are speaking the truth, I think both parties could help each other out big time with a potential trade. Maybe we could give them Wilson for Leshoure and a 2nd/3rd? I doubt Reese would give up on a 1st rounder so early unless Wilson was some huge headache behind the scenes we don't know about though.
        Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
        trade Wilson and draft a real RB
        Now we're giving up on Wilson already? This place really is ridiculous...

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
          But he hasn't gotten 12,000 yards and 29 TDs on 2 carries ... obviously a bust.

But we should play him more.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Wilson's a BUST. He's not even a good kick returner anymore. Since the San Fransisco game, he's barely gotten the ball past the 30.

Comment

Originally posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
              Wilson's a BUST. He's not even a good kick returner anymore. Since the San Fransisco game, he's barely gotten the ball past the 30.
              Ahmad, that you?
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I think Wilson would fit better on a team like the Lions who prefer to run on the edges vs the Giants that usually dial up power blocking schemes between the tackles and guards. Leshoure is a bigger and stronger RB with some surpising agility and vision as well. I could care less who we have on our team as long as we could benefit from it.

Comment

Originally posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
                  For him to consistently get past the 35 with our ST unit? He's damn good I assure you lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                    What a pathetic thread. Have you seen him on returns? The fact that Wilson has no time on the field to read D's or get adjusted and comfortable, wtf do you expect to see? I'll eat my words if Im wrong, but I think Wilson will be a big factor for us whether it be during a hopeful playoff run, next season, or 3 years from now. Some of you guys are so quick to judge and put the team down, but when the team or someone has a great day, you all shut up. You'd make good Eagle fans.
                    Just some facts::

*Rookie David Wilson returned four kickoffs for 83 yards. That increased his season totals to 44 returns for 1,094 yards, a 24.9-yard average. The 44 returns are the third-highest single-season total in Giants history (the record is 57 by Domenik Hixon in 2009). The yardage total leaves him 97 yards shy of Hixon’s franchise-record total, set in the same season. Wilson is already 15th on the Giants’ career kickoff yardage list.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think Wilson would fit better on a team like the Lions who prefer to run on the edges vs the Giants that usually dial up power blocking schemes between the tackles and guards. Leshoure is a bigger and stronger RB with some surpising agility and vision as well. I could care less who we have on our team as long as we could benefit from it.
                      I'd think they would adjust the offense to the strengths of the player if the player proves himself.

Ala Tiki vs. BJ vs. AB.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                        I'd think they would adjust the offense to the strengths of the player if the player proves himself.

Ala Tiki vs. BJ vs. AB.
                        So you're saying that Wilson needs to prove himself better in our scheme (which is nothing like VT's scheme) and then we'll put more Wilson-friendly schemes and plays in for him? I understand what you are saying but in this particular scenario, it seems sort of silly.

Comment

So you're saying that Wilson needs to prove himself better in our scheme (which is nothing like VT's scheme) and then we'll put more Wilson-friendly schemes and plays in for him? I understand what you are saying but in this particular scenario, it seems sort of silly.
                          Put another way, they are developing Wilson into the running back who will be the future of the team. In the meantime he is handling the very important return duties at which he excels.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Yes, but the "prove" himself isn't just a matter of yards. More appropriately it's learning the pass protection, passing routes, running routes, being QB friendly, etc ...

In other words the Giants need to see a reason to change their offense. They've done it over the years with different personnel (including RBs, WRs, TEs) in the TC era.

For my thinking, David Wilson could do the most help by being the pass blocking outlet guy. As a check down, that kid could be really dangerous but it would require him adding a lot of finesse to his game.

Having said that, I agree with your sentiment of why draft a guy you KNOW didn't fit your system but the Giants have also done this in the past if the player was physically gifted enough (e.g. Sintim, JPP, etc ...). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Way way too early to tell with Wilson yet.
                            Last edited by Kruunch; 12-04-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Considering we have basically never played him in the regular season, that is a huge stretch to suggest trading him away already.

Comment

Considering we have basically never played him in the regular season, that is a huge stretch to suggest trading him away already.
                                You realize that will never happen, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X