One problem about David Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Wilson looked pathetic at running back but we would of had to trade up to get Martin. Morris lasted til the 6th. Nice job Reese!
    the kid does not suck he is being misused,,,the team is not playing to his strengths,,he is not a take the handoff and pound up the middle type of player,,,,they need to use him like philly uses shady,,a lot of misdirection plays, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoostraw View Post
      Remember how Eli started out. Now granted QB is a whole other animal, but after 2 or 3 years even I began thinking the Giants had made a mistake.

I have to keep reminding myself of this because for sure Wilson is not looking good.
      Wilson ran 4 times....end of story

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
        I think Wilson would fit better on a team like the Lions who prefer to run on the edges vs the Giants that usually dial up power blocking schemes between the tackles and guards. Leshoure is a bigger and stronger RB with some surpising agility and vision as well. I could care less who we have on our team as long as we could benefit from it.
        This! right here is the reason why, I felt the giants draft room panicked and took wilson when tampa interveined. I am not blaming reese, or saying I can do a better job or know more than anyone, but its evident for what the giants use their RB's for and how we utilize them Martin was clearly ahead on the boards. Reese and co. panicked thinking that there was going to be a run on RB's in the early second round and that the drop off was going to be steep after wilson. Vick ballard would of worked okay in this offense I believe, Alfred moris as well.

Whats done is done, I agree before we can crucify the kid he needs more attempts to better evaluate his role in this offense, I have said many times that if they don't let him block for eli ever y now and then, teams are going to smell run and stack the box every time he is in. A simple play action fake with wilson in the back field would throw the redskins safties off so badly both nick and cruz would blow the top of the coverage down field before they realize its a fake.

Spolied milk just forget about it.
        The saints sunday!

Now back to the draft section for me.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
        @Katdaddyjay 17h
        @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
        http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
          Wilson ran 4 times....end of story
          He ran 4 times because the coaches see him in practice all the time. And he is not getting it done.

Randle on the other hand is returning punts (gotta have a lot of trust in your punt returner) and also playing on the offense. For some reason Wilson is not "getting it". Too soon to call him a bust, but man...

Comment

• Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
            This! right here is the reason why, I felt the giants draft room panicked and took wilson when tampa interveined. I am not blaming reese, or saying I can do a better job or know more than anyone, but its evident for what the giants use their RB's for and how we utilize them Martin was clearly ahead on the boards. Reese and co. panicked thinking that there was going to be a run on RB's in the early second round and that the drop off was going to be steep after wilson. Vick ballard would of worked okay in this offense I believe, Alfred moris as well.

Whats done is done, I agree before we can crucify the kid he needs more attempts to better evaluate his role in this offense, I have said many times that if they don't let him block for eli ever y now and then, teams are going to smell run and stack the box every time he is in. A simple play action fake with wilson in the back field would throw the redskins safties off so badly both nick and cruz would blow the top of the coverage down field before they realize its a fake.

Spolied milk just forget about it.
            The saints sunday!

Now back to the draft section for me.

this guy will turn out to be tiki barber 2.0(the player,,not the Dbag),,,,,just give him a chance.

Comment

He ran 4 times because the coaches see him in practice all the time. And he is not getting it done.

Randle on the other hand is returning punts (gotta have a lot of trust in your punt returner) and also playing on the offense. For some reason Wilson is not "getting it". Too soon to call him a bust, but man...
              the giants just dont play rookies if they dont have to,,never have,,never will,,,to even use the word bust is well,,misinformed. the kid will have his day.

Comment

• You cant only evaluate a guy in practice I mean They dont even tackle in practices ... come on He needs more chances

Comment

• Originally posted by GMenOnDeck View Post
                  You cant only evaluate a guy in practice I mean They dont even tackle in practices ... come on He needs more chances
                  I wouldn't have a problem with Bradshaw getting so many carries, but the guy still has injuries. Wilson should have seen at least 5 more carries, or just a solid 10.
                  For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Comment

• Originally posted by G-MENBK View Post
                    I wouldn't have a problem with Bradshaw getting so many carries, but the guy still has injuries. Wilson should have seen at least 5 more carries, or just a solid 10.
                    This I agree with.

But TC won't go away from the vets in a tight game.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

If hes so bad in practice why would the coaches give him 4 carries at all?

Bradshaw was getting it done by himself last night, we didnt need Wilson. But for the most part, Toms either babying Wilson or saving him for the end of the season going into the playoffs.(which is now)
                      Last edited by dezzzR; 12-04-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• "David Wilson is on pace to shatter the total Kickoff Return Yardage in a season for the New York Giants. He is 97 yards behind Domenik Hixon's total of 1191 yards in 2009."
                        not bad for a wasted first round pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMenOnDeck View Post
                          You cant only evaluate a guy in practice I mean They dont even tackle in practices ... come on He needs more chances
                          You can certainly evaluate if he knows what he's doing out there - ie. blocking assignments, blitz pickup.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                            this guy will turn out to be tiki barber 2.0(the player,,not the Dbag),,,,,just give him a chance.

WoW. Glad I'm not the only one to think that way. I agree. Give him time.

Comment

the giants just dont play rookies if they dont have to,,never have,,never will,,,
                              That used to be the case. Not really any more. The Giants play lots of their rookies. You have to in this day and age.

Comment

I think Doug Martin is more similar to Tiki personally. Wilson reminds of CJ Spiller.

Comment

Working...
                                X