JAM the DAMN receivers!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAM the DAMN receivers!!!!!

ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever....

what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR?

this gives the receiver the option to do whatever he wants

this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time....

but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late...

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them

throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second

even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer

Re: JAM the DAMN receivers!!!!!

[quote user="YATittle1962"]ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever.... what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR? this gives the receiver the option to do whatever he wants this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time.... but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late... how to fix this? JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer[/quote]

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been with you all year on this. Would force QB's to force the ball over top of the corners and under Phillips and Rolle.....potential feeding frenzy.....they have not done this one bit ALL YEAR.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever.... what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR? this gives the receiver the option to do whatever he wants this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time.... but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late... how to fix this? JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer[/quote]Totally agree!, I have been shouting this at the TV all season and when i went to the Saints game. If you throw off the timing of the QB/Reciever....it lets our front four...er three in fewells case have an extra second or two to get in the backfield while the QB is trying to make his adjustments!! Anyone with a little football knowledge can figure that out, dont know why fewell and co cant!
      "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever.... what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR? this gives the receiver the option to do whatever he wants this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time.... but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late... how to fix this? JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer[/quote]

This has to be my biggest complaint with PF.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever....

what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR?

this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time....

but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late...

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second

even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer[/quote]

Go back & watch the Pats game scheme & copy that. It's no rocket science. They did at times jam the recievers in that game & haven't done it since.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever....

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer[/quote]

+1,000,000,000

Comment

I dont get it... Its something every team does but us...
              Go Giants!!!

Comment

[quote user="Tony Bruno"]I dont get it... Its something every team does but us...[/quote]

very odd.....no?

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever.... what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR? this gives the receiver the option to do whatever he wants this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time.... but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late... how to fix this? JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer[/quote]

This has to be my biggest complaint with PF.

[/quote]TOTALLY AGREED!!!!!

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

I'm going to guess that it's because Webster is our only DB that can actually cover in man-press.

And while jamming the receivers is cool ... it's sort of like blitzing ... if you whif, you leave yourself utterly exposed.

But having said all that, this is one of the reasons that I think Fewell is actually a *bad* DC.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="YATittle1962"]ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever....

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

I'm going to guess that it's because Webster is our only DB that can actually cover in man-press.

And while jamming the receivers is cool ... it's sort of like blitzing ... if you whif, you leave yourself utterly exposed.

But having said all that, this is one of the reasons that I think Fewell is actually a *bad* DC.[/quote]I thought that USED to be Ross' forte, and hoped it would be Prince's as well but Prince looks to be a lil lost out there in Fewell's scheme
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

does it matter if they whiff?...So instead of scoring on us in 4 plays..they score in 2...at least you have a chance to throw off their timing and not just let them run free..

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="YATittle1962"]ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever....

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

But having said all that, this is one of the reasons that I think Fewell is actually a *bad* DC.[/quote]I thought that USED to be Ross' forte, and hoped it would be Prince's as well but Prince looks to be a lil lost out there in Fewell's scheme
                          [/quote]

He has plenty of company with looking "lost" Fewell needs to simplify the defense. I want Spags back.

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="YATittle1962"]ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever....

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

[/quote]

Ross has the speed to cover well but not the instinct ... he gets burned repeatedly on whatever moves the receiver puts on.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Been saying this for weeks as well. The LB's dont do it enough either. With these short pass teams that flood the NFL these days u have to hit them. These QB's alot of time are throwing quick passes to spots and if u mess up the timing that means no one is there and u create turnovers.U can still play zone and be an aggressive defense ask **** Lebeau and Dom Capers.A Read and react zone doesnt work with these Bill Walsh West Coast offensive teams. I think its a bad defense in terms of moral for the defense as well.U would rather play for the coach that lets u be aggressive in your face attacking blitzing defense then a sit back and play coverage defense. Defense is about emotion and to be honest Fewell neuters the Giant defenders in a sense

Comment

Working...
                              X