Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

memo to the david wilson haters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Giantterp View Post
    I love these threads...Until this game, how could anyone love or "hate" him? He has not really played more than a few plays (other than pre-season). Let's givea few games before making any decisions on him.

    I would love to see all of you Wilson "lovers" credentials as NFL scouts. Were you grading him during his practices?
    Dude, ALOT of us wanted to see him get more involved in the offense.....for the exact reasons we saw today.

    As far as credentials are concerned......the guy was the Giants top draft pick....fans wanted to see him contribute.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
      David Wilson is going to change the way defenses have to approach the Giants.

      The dude is a threat to score at any time.....finally, we've got a home run threat in the backfield.
      we have a home run threat who knows how to hit home runs, thats the imperative thing. a lot of guys have speed and dont put it to use...not wilson. he looked damn complete as a rb. speed, power, vision...dang excited

      Comment


      • #18
        Ehh, we all new he was really good on KR's. the difference today being no flags on any kicks. His garbage time TD, while nice, doesn't have me calling him the savior by any means. We still need Bradshaw. Don't be misled by the all purpose yardage record. His time will come, but he is not ready to be the every down RB until they are positive he can make all the blocks and knows his assignments.
        #80

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
          Dude, ALOT of us wanted to see him get more involved in the offense.....for the exact reasons we saw today.

          As far as credentials are concerned......the guy was the Giants top draft pick....fans wanted to see him contribute.
          Me too...I just love when people make it sound like they "knew it all along" and the coaches are idiots. The NFL is full of talent that never made it for one reason or another. You got to think that TC and the coaches have a little more knowledge than fans and had their reasons...Personally, I am more frustrated that they continue to coach the team like they have a top defense and a strong running game-as opposed to realizing that they are now a pass first and outscore the other team strategy.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
            Go disappear like a fart in the wind. Dude is a beast!
            Lmao, he sure is. The guy is fast.

            I would like to know if he is as fast as McCoy.
            Lets go, Giants!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
              Ehh, we all new he was really good on KR's. the difference today being no flags on any kicks. His garbage time TD, while nice, doesn't have me calling him the savior by any means. We still need Bradshaw. Don't be misled by the all purpose yardage record. His time will come, but he is not ready to be the every down RB until they are positive he can make all the blocks and knows his assignments.
              Bradshaw plus Wilson could be a killer combo going forward. I am excited.

              PS: Bradshaw missed a blocking assignment and when he realized it, the result was a holding penalty. Good players still make mistakes including AB, JPP, and Eli

              Comment


              • #22
                The one disappointing thing was that they didn't get Wilson to block (at least not that I saw).

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                  lets put thing into perspective the saints are a horrible defense and last in the lead, you would expect Wilson to have a big game.
                  Yes lets put things into perspective.

                  This is the most all purpose yards ever by a Giant, an organization with a pretty strong history of all purpose players: Gifford, Meggett, Barber just to name a few.

                  All we hear about is Doug Martin and how close we were to getting him. I agree he is a damn fine player, but this Saints defense held him to 85 yards.

                  Why cant you let people be excited about a young talent without trying to poo all over it? Are you even a fan? Do you not get excited when young players do historical things?
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                    The one disappointing thing was that they didn't get Wilson to block (at least not that I saw).
                    I saw him blocking a bit...it's definitely not his strong point.

                    But defenses need to account for him now......that's going to open up everything else.
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I am happy for Wilson. Its not hate....people were going impatient. Its easier to grow impatient when Doug Martin and Alfred Morris is running for 1100yards. Hate is when you want the guy to fail....my case was being impatient. I hope he continues to do well and hopefully this is the one game that will give him confident. Also the Saints kick coverage is atrocious, Wilson was almost untouched every kick return running into the kicker.
                      " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                        lets put thing into perspective the saints are a horrible defense and last in the lead, you would expect Wilson to have a big game.
                        You and skip bayless must be drinking buddies. Lol
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Giantterp View Post
                          I love these threads...Until this game, how could anyone love or "hate" him? He has not really played more than a few plays (other than pre-season). Let's givea few games before making any decisions on him.

                          I would love to see all of you Wilson "lovers" credentials as NFL scouts. Were you grading him during his practices?
                          Personally, I thought he has been underused all season long today. First player in NFL history with 200 return yards and 100 yards rushing in a game. You're welcome
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Dump him or we will begin to depend on him.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by nycisgreat View Post
                              Lmao, he sure is. The guy is fast.

                              I would like to know if he is as fast as McCoy.
                              He's faster than McCoy. But McCoy is ridiculously shifty and elusive.
                              #80

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Don't get me wrong I think he is gonna be a real good back. But I am not on the bandwagon yet. 200+ return yards does not make him a good back. It makes him a real good returner, which we kind of already knew. Today the KR team finally didn't get flagged for holding. Aside from the big run at the end of the game, his day was pretty average for a RB. My one real concern is if they had to limit the offensive playbook because he was in the game. I look forward to seeing more of him sharing time with AB, but I do think AB is still the guy that this offense needs right now, even if he is not nearly as dangerous as Wilson is with the ball.
                                #80

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X