Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What impresses me the most about David Wilson......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What impresses me the most about David Wilson......

    His power and ability to break tackles.

    Remember the 8 or 9 yard run where he bounced outside and put his pads down and absolutely Rocked Saints linebacker Curtis Lofton. The 6''0 245 lb linebacker was shaken up and had to leave the game. Wilson possesses a rare combination of speed , agility and power. It's been a long time since I have seen a RB with the potential to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball. This kid has earned at least 10-15 touches a game in my opinion.

  • #2
    Yea I like his Power as well. He's not very shifty and doesnt seem to shake a defender, and rather run over them. Its he hits a gap untouched...hes gone with that homerun speed. I still dont think he's very elusive...even in the special teams game....he was untouched through the lanes and used that homerun speed to outrun everyone.
    " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

    Comment


    • #3
      He played like a beast today. We all know he's fast and a great return man but like you said, today he showed people that he can break some tackles and power through the pile. I really hope they keep his touches up, it's been a while since we have had such a young exciting RB to watch.
      "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

      Comment


      • #4
        Wilson led the NCAA with the most yards AFTER contact last year.

        He doesnt need to be ultra shifty but if he can bounce off easy tackles AND push first contacts, at the very least he'll be a first down machine for us

        Comment


        • #5
          His power impresses me more than his speed as well. It's tough to find a speedy, tough RB.

          Comment


          • #6
            i see a ton of elusiveness but thats just me. i agree OP he has an amazing blend of talents. he is a great power runner bc of his strong leg drive.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
              Yea I like his Power as well. He's not very shifty and doesnt seem to shake a defender, and rather run over them. Its he hits a gap untouched...hes gone with that homerun speed. I still dont think he's very elusive...even in the special teams game....he was untouched through the lanes and used that homerun speed to outrun everyone.
              not very elusive did you see the move he made on the defender on the last run he had. and all his kick returns?? looked pretty elusive to me...you should watch some of his college highlights. The kid is very elusive.
              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

              Comment


              • #8
                i like that he fights for extra yards, and ends up with like 3 or 4 more

                Comment


                • #9
                  We can only imagine what he can do for us once he gets more reps and gets a real feel of the game. But knowing Coughlin, Wilson will get a back seat again to Bradshaw, unless AB is not able to go.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bbdynasty View Post
                    i like that he fights for extra yards, and ends up with like 3 or 4 more
                    It's great when a back can move the pile forward for an extra yard or two.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      while martin is impressive, imho he hasnt displayed the measurables wilson displayed tonight. wilson flashed some of the game i think he has that can lead to him being THE best rb in the nfl, no joke his upside is that good. just an amazing blend of talents. way to go JR never waivered on this selection

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        [QUOTE=bbdynasty;612583]i like that he fights for extra yards, and ends up with like 3 or 4 more[/QUOTE Exactly. Not only can he do some damage on 1st or 2nd down , I think he can handle the 3rd down short yardage as well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          wilson can get 4 ypc every time just with his explosiveness/quickness. we really could have something truly truly special, the speed of a jamaal charles, power of a Turner, elusiveness of a ray rice, and open field ability of a gayle sayers...and yes i am a wilson homer lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                            while martin is impressive, imho he hasnt displayed the measurables wilson displayed tonight. wilson flashed some of the game i think he has that can lead to him being THE best rb in the nfl, no joke his upside is that good. just an amazing blend of talents. way to go JR never waivered on this selection
                            +1 And even though that one catch he had that didn't count, it just showed you his versatility and athleticism.. This kid is going to be what Sproles is for NO.
                            sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I wish we would give him more opportunities. I've heard that his pass blocking is not excellent, but he seems to be a threat to break a long run now and then.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X