No announcement yet.

D Diehl proved he is better than he gets credit for around here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith and Jordan are the type of pass rushers that diehl can handle all day long. Neither are especially fast nor strong. The reason dd gets so much hate around here, is a lot of the time because we're losing and no one knows any better. However he has had a very checkered past, go to PFF to see his play during the super bowl run, not very good. We'll see how he does next week in a dome in on the road against some speedy rushers.

Comment

He has played much better at RT than he did at LT or LG.

Comment

You mean David Deihl isn't the anti-Christ after all?
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

The criticism of his play was justified... but like anyone on this team though as soon as they dont perform aces, the armchair GM's demand that not only are they benched, they are washed up and worthless as human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
            He's had a couple of good games, but that doesn't mean that he's all that good of a player anymore. I'll need to see more to change my opinion that he's only a slightly below average player now. By the way, until the 4q, we only had like 50 yards rushing. The OL did not do a very good job in run blocking yesterday for 90% of the game.
            That begs the question does the RB matter?
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
              The criticism of his play was justified... but like anyone on this team though as soon as they dont perform aces, the armchair GM's demand that not only are they benched, they are washed up and worthless as human beings.
              Criticism is one thing. What went on on this MB went way beyond criticism.
              Deihl is a great Giant. Deserved more appreciation then he's been getting here.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                That begs the question does the RB matter?
                Of course the RB matters. We witnessed that with Brown, too. Not saying that Bradshaw is bad, but he lack patience most of the time and no longer has the quickness he once did to bounce things outside.

Also, remember, Wilson hadn't run extremely well until late in the game, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  I don't think anyone didn't appreciate what he has done. But he was an awful football player the past two seasons.

Comment

that was my defense of Deihl. They guy is in the twilight of his career but the bull **** that went on here calling him garbage, loser, etc was ridiculous.
                    He deserves respect.
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

When you keep getting beat on important downs, keep getting manhandled or just allow a defender to run past by you with ease, that criticism is definitely warranted, especially when it occurs in numerous games.
                      For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        I don't think anyone didn't appreciate what he has done. But he was an awful football player the past two seasons.
                        Not what I was reading here. You would have thought that he was the man on the grassy knoll.
                        And he hasn't been an "aweful player" the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          you are right but the guy gives 100%. His 100% is no longer good enough but its all he can give.....
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I'll give DD credit, I have been real hard on the guy as of late. He played a great game, didn't hear his name once. Props to Diehl.
                            sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Always liked Diehl but he has had some rough games this year. Lets hope he plays like he did yesterday.

Comment

Not what I was reading here. You would have thought that he was the man on the grassy knoll.
                                And he hasn't been an "aweful player" the last 2 years.
                                Yeah, you're right. He wasn't an awful player. He was worse than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X