No announcement yet.

D Diehl proved he is better than he gets credit for around here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see how he holds up against a speed rusher (usually his biggest issue) in John Abraham before we're so forgiving...Saint's d-line and front 7 in general has been awful this year

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
      Yeah, you're right. He wasn't an awful player. He was worse than that.
      I would submit that our offense, especially our running game, improved dramatically last year when DD moved to LT. He's not a guard. That's a myth. He's a tackle.
      He is certainly not what he used to be but we did win a SB with DD protecting Eli's blind side.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmen 802 View Post
        Let's see how he holds up against a speed rusher (usually his biggest issue) in John Abraham before we're so forgiving...Saint's d-line and front 7 in general has been awful this year
        Sounds like you're hoping for him to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
          Of course the RB matters. We witnessed that with Brown, too. Not saying that Bradshaw is bad, but he lack patience most of the time and no longer has the quickness he once did to bounce things outside. Also, remember, Wilson hadn't run extremely well until late in the game, either.
          My point is everybody shares in the good and the bad
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Not what I was reading here. You would have thought that he was the man on the grassy knoll.
            And he hasn't been an "aweful player" the last 2 years.
            He was the worst OT in the league, and was the worst Lg in the league. He has indeed been awful

Comment

One game out of the many terrible games he has had over the past two seasons. He did step up yesterday, which is good for the team. But Locklear is still a whole lot better than DD now. But injuries are part of the game. Let's just hope DD can repeat this performance.
              Lets go, Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                He was the worst OT in the league, and was the worst Lg in the league. He has indeed been awful
                Yet the O line improved substantially after he moved to LT last year.

As far as I'm concerned, we were damned lucky to have him and are lucky to have him now. What do you think would happen to our O line if he went down with injury now?
                I would say that we'd be in big trouble.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, we were damned lucky to have him and are lucky to have him now. What do you think would happen to our O line if he went down with injury now?

The OL didn't improve. Did you watch the 49ers game? That was some of the worst pass blocking I have ever seen

Beatty is roughly 2 million percent better than Diehl is at LT.

Comment

"he has been awful for 2 years" I dont think he is the best T at all but awful thats low. he really is a superb guard though.

Comment

The oline isn't only about protection. What about run gaps. Our run game has declined over the past three seasons. Yes. We had excellent pass protection last season, but we were. Dreadful run team as well due to our oline.
                      Lets go, Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        The OL didn't improve. Did you watch the 49ers game? That was some of the worst pass blocking I have ever seen

Beatty is roughly 2 million percent better than Diehl is at LT.
                        And obviously SF is such a poor pass rushing team. Imagine how he would do against a team that can actually get to the QB.

Comment

Sounds like you're hoping for him to fail.
                          Not at all. He's our starting RT from here on out barring injury, so why would I want that? I'm just not ready to forgive him for seasons now of mediocrity or worse because he played well against the league's worst defense. I absolutely hope he plays well for the rest of the year, helps pave the way for Bradshaw and now Wilson (who provided he doesn't fumble is sure to get more carries) as well as not only keep Eli upright but give him time to throw. We will see

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                            "he has been awful for 2 years" I dont think he is the best T at all but awful thats low. he really is a superb guard though.
                            When he played LG last season he was plain brutal. When he was a young player he was a capable guard. But he got mauled every game at LG in recent years.

He has played ok at RT this season, still no reason at all for them to have started him over Locklear, but little choice now. Still expect Diehl to be released in the offseason

Comment

And obviously SF is such a poor pass rushing team. Imagine how he would do against a team that can actually get to the QB.
                              Did you watch the giants play the 49ers this year?

That is the difference when you have capable pass blockers.

Diehl for whatever reason, age, injuries, etc. was a horrible pass blocker the past two years at every position he's played.

Comment

When your probably going to play this team in the playoffs it matters....
                                sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                                X