Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you change the defense for 2013???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you change the defense for 2013???

Osi gone
    Canty too expensive for production
    Tuck slowing down
    Blackburn slow but makes plays
    Webster turning into toast
    Philips leg injuries
    Prince playing like a third round pick
    TT coming of IR again
    Rolle expensive and makes bone head decisions but multi dimensional
    Austin a bust
    Kiwi lost at LB
    Stevie brown is a turnover machine

Witten not retiring
    RG3 around for Another 10 years with Alfred Morris
    Romo in Dallas for another 5 years

So many choices.....for a defense ranked in the 20s

dude, this is a pretty legit thread but tbh i dont think Prince is playing like a third round pick. He is easily our best corner, i mean thats not saying much but still...

with that said, i think Rolle will need to take a pay cut.

Tuck will stay unless he chooses to retire. No way we would let him go...

I have a feeling we will keep Blackburn.

Kiwi will/needs to go back to the line, Rivers needs to be cut.

its too early to consider Austin a bust but i agree he is not looking promising.

no idea about Canty. imo he seems pretty legit, disruptive down the middle.

TT needs to take a pay cut or be cut.

KP definitely worries me but i think he will stay.
    Last edited by giantscolombia; 12-10-2012, 10:12 AM.

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Antrel Rolle 2012/13 $6,750,000 2013-2014 $7,000,000 CAP HIT $9,100,000
      Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

At the top of my list: FEWELL

Comment

In my ideal world:

Line:
          -Osi Gone, Tuck takes a pay cut and only works in a rotational DE. Kiwi transitions to full time DE. Tracy and Ojomo.rotate in and work in Nascar package.
          -Canty takes a pay cut, rotates at DT with Linval and Kuhn. Austin released.

LB:
          -Blackburn defensive captain and undisputed starter.
          -Boley starts WLB, Rivers and Williams rotate at SLB.

Secondary:
          -Webster released, Prince and Hosley starting corners. Draft a corner somewhere in the 4th-5th round to shore up the secondary. If TT somehow recovers from a third straight ACL (latest one wasn't nearly as serious), he gets a one-year deal to play depth.
          -Rolle released, KP and Stevie starting safeties, Will Hill as our 3rd safety in the 3 safety set.

So mostly, what i would change is the D line above everything else...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Not only is Prince our best corner, he's one of the best corners in the league this year.

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post
              At the top of my list: FEWELL
              I'm starting to lean towards this. I think we have a ton of talent on our team ... we just a better scheme and focus.

It's easy to pick on the coordinators but PF's schemes and defenses have never instilled a lot of confidence in me (even when we've won with them).
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by JayMas9 View Post
                Not only is Prince our best corner, he's one of the best corners in the league this year.
                Oh easy ... Prince has been a mediocre CB at best this year. He just looks good because CWeb is playing like my dead grandmother half the time.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  Oh easy ... Prince has been a mediocre CB at best this year. He just looks good because CWeb is playing like my dead grandmother half the time.
                  You can't be serious...

Though I agree with the CWeb analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by JayMas9 View Post
                    You can't be serious...

Though I agree with the CWeb analysis.
                    Prince has ability. He's still learning our system.

He trails (and gets beat) any time the opposing team runs a slant and he's been beat on the double move quite a bit this year. He's not *bad* but he's not nearly one of the best CBs in the league. He's definitely not playing at the level we drafted him at but he's coming along.

Comment

Isn't it too early to be talking about 2013....let's take care of business right now....

Comment

Some peoPle are takIng notes from a few people here. Not only is prince our best comer , he's been ranked in the top 10 this year. That's not a third round level of production. Majority of big plays have come against Webb and seen last night down the middle. I'm not sure how I feel about Austin. Injuries has hampered his production so time will tell if he's a bust. I'd like to keep Rovers for another year. Get him fully fit over the offseason with sunrise to fix his injuries. He has shown when he is on the field he's been solid granted that's with limited time on the field.

The draft this year seems loaded heavily focused on Dline so can possibly boost the line if the players are there.

The thE thing with this defense is that's it's capable of Playing lights out as seen in the packers,49ers,panthers and the cowboy game to an extent. The front four have to get more pressure on the qb. We only hit brees with around 5 minutes to go. This needs improvement

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                          In my ideal world:

Line:
                          -Osi Gone, Tuck takes a pay cut and only works in a rotational DE. Kiwi transitions to full time DE. Tracy and Ojomo.rotate in and work in Nascar package.
                          -Canty takes a pay cut, rotates at DT with Linval and Kuhn. Austin released.

LB:
                          -Blackburn defensive captain and undisputed starter.
                          -Boley starts WLB, Rivers and Williams rotate at SLB.

Secondary:
                          -Webster released, Prince and Hosley starting corners. Draft a corner somewhere in the 4th-5th round to shore up the secondary. If TT somehow recovers from a third straight ACL (latest one wasn't nearly as serious), he gets a one-year deal to play depth.
                          -Rolle released, KP and Stevie starting safeties, Will Hill as our 3rd safety in the 3 safety set.

So mostly, what i would change is the D line above everything else...
                          holy **** that is spot on. i agree with everything you said
                          sigpic
                          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                            holy **** that is spot on. i agree with everything you said
                            although rolle is under contract and kp is free agent so i would think we would resign kp
                            sigpic
                            FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

I would hire a new DC. This bend and don't break crap drives me nuts. Many times in crtical 3rd and long I see confusion among our linebackers. Why can't our ends be coached to contain? Why do we continually get beat up the gut? Giants D should be top ten not bottom ten. Its great that we prevent the td's and 4th and 1's but between the twenties confusion reigns.

Comment

Working...
                              X