DON'T BE FOOL BY THIS WIN...DEFENSE HAS MAJOR PROBLEMS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DON'T BE FOOL BY THIS WIN...DEFENSE HAS MAJOR PROBLEMS

Perry Fewell had the luxury of hiding behind a great offensive/special teams performance.

This guy still plays with NOO guts and allows the opposing QB to sit there lounging with a margarita as he waits to find the open receiver.

This kind of pathetic cowardly playing calling will produce no type of aggression and domination within the defense. All he needs is an extra LB to blitz or be in the QB face...mentally get the QB off his comfort zone.

Fewell is not the guy for this job. We can contribute yesterdays victory to a utterly poor performance by the saints offense. With elite competition coming up, I see our defense on it's heels getting pushed around because of its general's cowardliness.

Defense is vastly UNDER-PERFORMING because of play calling....BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!!!!

If our offense can score touchdowns instead of FGs, I'll be fine with giving up 500 yards of offense, but only giving up 20 points.
    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Cue buddy in 3....2.....1....

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue999 View Post
        Perry Fewell had the luxury of hiding behind a great offensive/special teams performance.

This guy still plays with NOO guts and allows the opposing QB to sit there lounging with a margarita as he waits to find the open receiver.

This kind of pathetic cowardly playing calling will produce no type of aggression and domination within the defense. All he needs is an extra LB to blitz or be in the QB face...mentally get the QB off his comfort zone.

Fewell is not the guy for this job. We can contribute yesterdays victory to a utterly poor performance by the saints offense. With elite competition coming up, I see our defense on it's heels getting pushed around because of its general's cowardliness.

Defense is vastly UNDER-PERFORMING because of play calling....BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
          What does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
            Cue buddy in 3....2.....1....
            Haha
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'm actually more concerned with the offense. I hope they can continue to put up points when they face better defenses.
              Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Agreed...fewell is average at best....always has been

Comment

I don't think anyone believes this is a great defense. They are middle of the road at best. Their ability to generate turnovers offsets their getting push up and down the field.
                  The middle of this defense is soft, Linval, Bernard and Canty are getting blown off the ball and the LBs have OL on them on every inside run. The pass rush is playing better but not great. The DBs are not playing physical at the line and when teams get their intermediate passing game running they slice and dice this back seven. Too many big plays given up for a team runs a lot of two man likes "soft and off" coverage.
                  Like a great pass rush turnovers fix everything. It doesn't matter if the other team marches up and down the field all day if you are taking the ball away all day long. The question is can you do that every game or will you eventually be forced to win by denying them first downs ?

Comment

Ha, well Eli pretty much gave them 14 Points. Take that off and they have 13 points. Saints have the #2 ranked offense behind the Pats so...... That aint too shabby.

We do play weak D though when we are up. Its like we take our foot off the pedal. Thats why the Saints came back at one point.
                    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

My problem is the run defense. Yesterday they were again giving up 5 yard runs on 1st down, letting the Saints do different things on 2nd and 3rd downs. It got better as the game went on, but the first half was terrible. Ingman always got his yards when they ran it on 1st down.

Comment

What does that mean?
                        it means what your saying is not accurate!

Fewell won a sb with this defense!

the defense is equal to the offense and special teams!

the Saints are a professional team and the game i saw yesterday the defense practically shutdown a dominate offense.

if you wanna see a defense with major problems you saw one yesterday and it wasnt the Giants!
                        sigpic

Comment

While I agree that the defense has some issues, I'm not really sure it's Fewell's fault. For me, it's all about getting pressure on the QB. Right now, they aren't doing a very good job with that. Not sure if there's anything that Perry can do about it, we just need JPP, Tuck and Osi to get going here.
                          You can be the best coach in the world, but at some point players have to make plays.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing yesterday we hardly ever send a lb on a blitz ....how much do we even blitz anymore ? idk

Comment

So what was so bad about the defense yesterday? They allowed 20 points to what is still a high scoring team. One of their scores was also after another interception.

Comment

Working...
                              X