Martellus Bennett

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martellus Bennett

I don't think I spelled his name right but O well. Is it just me, but when He is running routes and what not he seems a bit slow and uncoordinated. Hes not light in his feet thats for sure. Ballard even looked more mobile. I hope Robinson comes around for next year.

He's 6'6 and 265 lbs, he's not going to be exceptionally fast..and Jake Ballard was slow as hell. Love them both though
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I understand the slow part but he seems like he trips over his own feet more then anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladder27 View Post
        I don't think I spelled his name right but O well. Is it just me, but when He is running routes and what not he seems a bit slow and uncoordinated. Hes not light in his feet thats for sure. Ballard even looked more mobile. I hope Robinson comes around for next year.
        Robinson is even fatter and slower

Comment

Huh?
          sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
            Robinson is even fatter and slower
            Videos I seen on Robinson didn't look that slow.

Comment

Ballard isn't even close to as mobile as Bennett is. Plus I'm sure if Reese signs him again they will work on him dropping his weight to 245 to 255. Don't forget Bennett also had a nasty knee injury this year.
              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Not sure what you're basing this on ... his slow jog back to the huddle?
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                  Ballard isn't even close to as mobile as Bennett is. Plus I'm sure if Reese signs him again they will work on him dropping his weight to 245 to 255. Don't forget Bennett also had a nasty knee injury this year.

I'm not saying I don't like him just expect more out of him I guess.

Comment

Ballard has softer hands to catch a football and has come through for us in pretty big moments so I guess you could say he was also more clutch but Bennett is superior in every other way. Both guys are/were at the benefit of two tremendous receivers on the field so you have to take that into consideration in terms of their production.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      Not sure what you're basing this on ... his slow jog back to the huddle?

No that's more like a walk back.

Comment

I understand the slow part but he seems like he trips over his own feet more then anything.
                        You do know that he is almost open on every single play right?? I don't get this he trips over his own feet stuff, dudes a huge TE and trucks people. He's not going to be Graham or Hernedaz those TE are basically wide receivers. Bennett is the full package. I'm glad we have the guy. Gronk isn't exactly nimble on his feet either but he is a beast.

Comment

I'm not saying I don't like him just expect more out of him I guess.
                          The guy had a bad knee injury....plus our o-line is terrible so he has to block a lot and he does a great job at it. He does all the little things better then Ballard. That Wilson run for 52 yards was setup by a great block by Bennett.

Comment

Videos I seen on Robinson didn't look that slow.
                            He looked slow in preseason games but he looks ok in his videos

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                              You do know that he is almost open on every single play right?? I don't get this he trips over his own feet stuff, dudes a huge TE and trucks people. He's not going to be Graham or Hernedaz those TE are basically wide receivers. Bennett is the full package. I'm glad we have the guy. Gronk isn't exactly nimble on his feet either but he is a beast.

Yea, your right. Guess I just looked for him to be more of the WR type v all around TE. Blocking and all. But I have not seen him pull a Kevin Boss and Truck anyone really yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X