Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think teams will start respecting the run due to Wilson's speed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else think teams will start respecting the run due to Wilson's speed?

I just can't imagine teams not loading the box when Wilson is in the game cause he's a home run threat on every carry. Play action can be huge if Wilson can get some good runs in.

Of course.
    We can't let up though.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Actually, I think up to this point any time Wilson is in the game that is all opponents have done because they know we are reluctant to let Wilson pass protect. That is why yesterday was a big day. We asked him to run, catch and block. He did all 3 and now teams see that and cant say with certainty "hey 22 is in the game, here comes a run."
      sigpic

Comment

Hope y'all are right cause watching this Pat game and Brady is killing the texans with play action.

Comment

If anything, the emergence of Wilson helps us tremendously.
          If the ST's unit can create holes for him to run on kick off returns, we can get great field position that helps our offense.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Well the Texans are playing the Pats. the wrong way. They are blitzing and playing zone. Brady eats that alive. When we play the Pats. we get physical with their wide receivers off the LOS and rush four. It confuses Brady. I would love to play the Patriots again in the SB cause I really think we match up well with them.
            sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

he can open up all new opportunities in our offense

Comment

I think it will keep LBs honest. That will help Cruz and Bennett a ton. I wish we put more effort into play action rather than halfa**ing it. Its up to the O line though. They have to make those initial blocks. Just hope they don't give up on the kid after 3 runs.
                # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

I believe teams will respect Wilson's outside speed. I'm not smart enough to know how that will affect our ability to take advantage offensively. Will they load the box or just defend the edges?

Comment

Only if they continue to utilize Wilson outside of what they did prior to this game,

Comment

Lets not shortchange wilson's abilities up the middle. He's fast but he also weighs 205 and I watched a hell of a couple of good runs right up the middle. All we need is the O line to play! Go Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
                        Lets not shortchange wilson's abilities up the middle. He's fast but he also weighs 205 and I watched a hell of a couple of good runs right up the middle. All we need is the O line to play! Go Giants!
                        Good hands too! If it werent for the stupid barden penalty!

Comment

Hate to be debbie downer but I thought New Orleans has one of the worst defenses in the league?
                          The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

Originally posted by Martyr View Post
                            Hate to be debbie downer but I thought New Orleans has one of the worst defenses in the league?
                            they were playing do or die though... the run d looked pretty good the first half

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
                              I just can't imagine teams not loading the box when Wilson is in the game cause he's a home run threat on every carry. Play action can be huge if Wilson can get some good runs in.
                              Teams will have to respect his big play ability.....he's going to open things up in the passing game.

If I were Gilbride, I'd try to get him on the field along with Bradshaw, too.....they could split him out wide on occasion.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Working...
                              X