Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tynes Misses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tynes Misses

    I noticed on both of Tynes FG misses, it appeared the snap was slightly off target to the right. I wonder if this is throwing off the timing.

  • #2
    Most likely. Those three guys, Weatherford, Tynes, and DeOssie have been the one constant unit on the team. I don't think it's anything alarming...yet.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • #3
      Tynes is Tynes.....I've accepted that he's going to miss some easy FGs every now and then, and that he is pretty much ineffective from >50 yards.

      He's hitting 87% right now, and from what I understand, 80%+ is considered pretty solid.

      I think having Weatherford holding for him has worked well.
      Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 12-11-2012, 01:37 PM.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

      "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

      Comment


      • #4
        Maybe he has a tired leg from having to kick so many FGs?
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Most likely. Those three guys, Weatherford, Tynes, and DeOssie have been the one constant unit on the team. I don't think it's anything alarming...yet.
          DeOssie has been uncharacteristically off the last couple of games.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
            Tynes is Tynes.....I've accepted that he's going to miss some easy FGs every now and then, and that he is pretty much ineffective from >50 yards.

            He's hitting 87% right now, and from what I understand, 80%+ is considered pretty solid.

            I think having Weatherford holding for him has worked well.
            +1. I'm a big defender of Tynes. Giants want to draft a young version of Adam Vinateri? Be my guest. Other than that, I'm very happy that we have Tynes as our kicker. Kicked us to two SB's and his FG percentage is good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
              +1. I'm a big defender of Tynes. Giants want to draft a young version of Adam Vinateri? Be my guest. Other than that, I'm very happy that we have Tynes as our kicker. Kicked us to two SB's and his FG percentage is good.
              I used to bash Tynes alot.....but after winning the 2nd Super Bowl, I've just come to accept that the coaching staff knows best on this guy.

              I really wish he could hit from 50+..... but 87% is 87%.
              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

              "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

              Comment


              • #8
                He has proven he is clutch. I do wish he had a stronger leg.

                Comment


                • #9
                  We need a Greg Zuerlein

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I actually don't trust em, and just had this debate a week or so ago.. He makes most of the stuff u expect NFL kickers to make, but is not a guy i feel everytime is out there will knock down the kick, and when it gets any kinda deep, u almost feel hes gonna miss, which is a instinct i feel should be the other way, it he was a really good kicker..

                    Hes solid, but i think we could upgrade, at risk of finding worse though...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      DeOssie has been uncharacteristically off the last couple of games.
                      Let's not over dramatize. Two snaps were off
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                        He has proven he is clutch. I do wish he had a stronger leg.
                        We know what his limitations are and he's still a leading League scorer, I think.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Tynes is human he can't make them all. All year I think he's been the most accurate kicker in the league....not to sure?? I tell you what though with the game on the line I still would take him over anyone else.
                          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            I actually don't trust em, and just had this debate a week or so ago.. He makes most of the stuff u expect NFL kickers to make, but is not a guy i feel everytime is out there will knock down the kick, and when it gets any kinda deep, u almost feel hes gonna miss, which is a instinct i feel should be the other way, it he was a really good kicker..

                            Hes solid, but i think we could upgrade, at risk of finding worse though...
                            Before every draft, I look at the top college kickers....alot of these guys have cannons, and can also punt. But I'm done waiting for the upgrade....it's like waiting for the Great Pumpkin.

                            I'm still clueless as to why Matt Bryant is kicking for anoither team.

                            Anyway, Tynes it is.
                            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                            "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                              Tynes is human he can't make them all. All year I think he's been the most accurate kicker in the league....not to sure?? I tell you what though with the game on the line I still would take him over anyone else.
                              I like Tynes and I'm very comfortable with him as our kicker. Even if his leg was a little stronger, I'm not sure how many times Coughlin would send him out there from that range due to the field position game (especially with Weatherford as the punter). I'll always be grateful for his kicks in GB and SF.
                              But I'm not 100% sold on that last part. He's probably high on the list, but I don't think he's #1.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X