Some of the things I have in my gut to say, Iíll keep to myself.Ē

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of the things I have in my gut to say, Iíll keep to myself.Ē

Can you believe a Captain of a football team would make a comment like that to the press?:

ďHonestly, Iím standing up here and Iím babbling because I donít know how to answer your questions. I really donít know what to tell you,Ē defensive end Justin Tuck said. ďSome of the things I have in my gut to say, Iíll keep to myself.Ē

Why not say what needs to be said & get it out & over with. I believe the fans are owed an explanation when they come out & lay down like they did yesterday.

Be a man Tuck. Be a leader. Somebody on this team besides Rolles needs to step up to the plate. The sands are pouring through the hour glass. Only 5 days before the season could be completely over & what a dissapointment that would be especially having to get it rubbed in our noses all year from fellow New York Citizens who you work with every single waking day of your life if you work 7 days a week like most of us have to do now to stay afloat.

Re: Some of the things I have in my gut to say, Iíll keep to myself.Ē

I want to burn his jersey, so pathetic

Comment

Tuck is a great player that was hit hard by the injury bug this year. Neck, groin, ankle, and toe. He is trying but admits he is not himself.

If you want him to speak the truth he would say that they are simply not a good team and that's why they are losing. Do you think that would be a smart thing to say while they still have a chance to win their division?

There it is. They are not a good team. Can't expect him to say it now while they are still in it. See what they start saying if the get eliminated this week.

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I want to burn his jersey, so pathetic[/quote]

Something terrible is going on behind the scenes on this team. It's time to air out the dirty laundry.

A true leader would start that process & do it quickly before the coaching & player carresel gets started.

The #1 problem with this team is they have no true outspoken leader. Trade or draft one is all I can suggest @ this point in time.....
        IT AINT HAPPENING

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]Tuck is a great player that was hit hard by the injury bug this year. Neck, groin, ankle, and toe. He is trying but admits he is not himself.

If you want him to speak the truth he would say that they are simply not a good team and that's why they are losing. Do you think that would be a smart thing to say while they still have a chance to win their division?

There it is. They are not a good team. Can't expect him to say it now while they are still in it. See what they start saying if the get eliminated this week.[/quote]

My next question to him would be "Why aren't you a good team"? Is it a lack of talent, lack of coaching, lack of execution, lack of committment, lack of discipline, lack of true leadership, lack of focus, lack of luck, etc.......

Comment

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I want to burn his jersey, so pathetic[/quote] Something terrible is going on behind the scenes on this team. It's time to air out the dirty laundry. A true leader would start that process & do it quickly before the coaching & player carresel gets started. The #1 problem with this team is they have no true outspoken leader. Trade or draft one is all I can suggest @ this point in time..... IT AINT HAPPENING[/quote]

Airing dirty laundry is not the solution. It has backfired on this team every single time it has happened and damaged the psyche of the team more than saying nothing ever did.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="buddy33"]Tuck is a great player that was hit hard by the injury bug this year. Neck, groin, ankle, and toe. He is trying but admits he is not himself. If you want him to speak the truth he would say that they are simply not a good team and that's why they are losing. Do you think that would be a smart thing to say while they still have a chance to win their division? There it is. They are not a good team. Can't expect him to say it now while they are still in it. See what they start saying if the get eliminated this week.[/quote] My next question to him would be "Why aren't you a good team"? Is it a lack of talent, lack of coaching, lack of execution, lack of committment, lack of discipline, lack of true leadership, lack of focus, lack of luck, etc.......[/quote]

All of the above.

Comment

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I want to burn his jersey, so pathetic[/quote] Something terrible is going on behind the scenes on this team. It's time to air out the dirty laundry. A true leader would start that process & do it quickly before the coaching & player carresel gets started. The #1 problem with this team is they have no true outspoken leader. Trade or draft one is all I can suggest @ this point in time..... IT AINT HAPPENING[/quote]

Airing dirty laundry is not the solution. It has backfired on this team every single time it has happened and damaged the psyche of the team more than saying nothing ever did.

[/quote]

OH YEAH, I guess it's better to sit at the end of the bench with your head up your you no what & sulk. Yeah that's much better; my bad.

If you look like a loser guess what you get? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck & quacks like a duck; well guess what it is? A LOSER.

Comment

Tuck's bags are packed...her is ready to start his winter vacation.

That's leadership for you.

Comment

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="buddy33"]Tuck is a great player that was hit hard by the injury bug this year. Neck, groin, ankle, and toe. He is trying but admits he is not himself.

There it is. They are not a good team. Can't expect him to say it now while they are still in it. See what they start saying if the get eliminated this week.[/quote]

My next question to him would be "Why aren't you a good team"? Is it a lack of talent, lack of coaching, lack of execution, lack of committment, lack of discipline, lack of true leadership, lack of focus, lack of luck, etc.......[/quote]

Maybe all of the above, but I think they would be a much better team had TT not torn his ACL, Weatherspoon doesn't tear his ACL in the same game as TT, Prince doesn't break his foot, Goff doesn't tear his ACL, and Tuck stayed healthy.

That would have made them get better pressure in the QB, be a better run defense, and a better pass defense. Not saying they would be ranked #1, but even if they where ranked #15-#20 they could have 2 more wins right now.

Comment

This is asinine . . . a true leader would air out the locker room dirty laundry in the press?

Comment

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote] OH YEAH, I guess it's better to sit at the end of the bench with your head up your you no what & sulk. Yeah that's much better; my bad. If you look like a loser guess what you get? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck & quacks like a duck; well guess what it is? A LOSER.[/quote]

I don't disagree Tuck is one joke of a leader. I disagree though thatspilling yourgut feelings that airs dirty laundry of your lockeroom to the media is leadership. To me that is the opposite, a cancer. A leader is a presnce on the sidelines and in the lockeroom who picks his guys up and inspires them. This is not accomplished by going to the media and throwing teammates and coaches under the bus.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

[quote user="repeatchamps"][quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote] OH YEAH, I guess it's better to sit at the end of the bench with your head up your you no what & sulk. Yeah that's much better; my bad. If you look like a loser guess what you get? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck & quacks like a duck; well guess what it is? A LOSER.[/quote]

I don't disagree Tuck is one joke of a leader. I disagree though that*spilling your*gut feelings that airs dirty laundry of your lockeroom to the media is leadership. To me that is the opposite, a cancer.

[/quote]

There's an old saying that could apply here...
                          YOU CAN'T FIX SOMETHING UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT'S BROKEN....

Get it off you chest & see if it causes any reaction either positive or negative. Anything beats the status quo in my book anyway.

At least we could see what it is that's bothering him so badly that he's sulking on the bench @ the end of another loss.

SAY IT. JUST SAY IT. PLEASE SAY IT.

Comment

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote]

We have seen this end of season performance two years in a row. If history has anything to say...the Gmen will lose the next two games in embarrassing fashion.

Why do teams like KC, Indy, Miami, the Eagles somehow find the guts along to way to fight and get wins while we just feel sorry for ourselves and lose? I am starting to get the feeling that being embarrassed is not that bad a feeling for this team. Damn it....you owe the fans more than this!!!!

Comment

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="repeatchamps"][quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

I don't disagree Tuck is one joke of a leader. I disagree though thatspilling yourgut feelings that airs dirty laundry of your lockeroom to the media is leadership. To me that is the opposite, a cancer.

[/quote] There's an old saying that could apply here... YOU CAN'T FIX SOMETHING UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT'S BROKEN.... Get it off you chest & see if it causes any reaction either positive or negative. Anything beats the status quo in my book anyway. At least we could see what it is that's bothering him so badly that he's sulking on the bench @ the end of another loss. SAY IT. JUST SAY IT. PLEASE SAY IT.[/quote]

What will alienating his team do to spark them? They would all turn on him and say he is a softy who's missed a lot of playing time this year due to injuries and who is he to talk about his teammates who may have played more through injuries than him and have played better quality of football than he has sniffed all year.

Comment

Working...
                              X