Not all on him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not all on him

It is true that Eli Manning has had some issues this season and hopefully he will return to form for the end of season and possible playoff run here but it is not all on him. Our play calling is miserable. Yes, Eli Manning did miss a couple throws against Washington Redskins last MNF but there was no reason for our OC to abandon the passing game.

I am confident that Eli Manning turns it up a notch and we really need him to because our OC is pure garbage. I know there are folks that defend him but he flat out stinks. Hopefully this is his last season as our OC.

It wont be his last season as OC, because you don't fire a super bowl-winning coach... too bad Eli makes him look like the best OC in the world sometimes.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Its def not all on him but sometimes I just wonder what eli is thinking. I see a couple of receivers wide open but he forces it into double coverage. It just leaves me scratching my head.

Comment

Originally posted by pthere55 View Post
        Its def not all on him but sometimes I just wonder what eli is thinking. I see a couple of receivers wide open but he forces it into double coverage. It just leaves me scratching my head.
        He does have some of those bone headed plays. There are times however when he is so spot on and we take a nice lead and then suddenly the entire gsmeplan changes and we let the other team back in it. I don’t understand that.

Comment

I really dont understand why we dont go just over the Dline in the middle of the field ever. It amazes me when we do it, and it works perfectly. I think Pascoe had a huge catch a game or so ago on it. And Bennett was wide open on Eli's dumb throw to the endzone. But other then that, I dont remember much of this happening. If we did that more, and more RB screens with Bradshaw or Wilson, we would score more TDs in the redzone.
          The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            I really dont understand why we dont go just over the Dline in the middle of the field ever. It amazes me when we do it, and it works perfectly. I think Pascoe had a huge catch a game or so ago on it. And Bennett was wide open on Eli's dumb throw to the endzone. But other then that, I dont remember much of this happening. If we did that more, and more RB screens with Bradshaw or Wilson, we would score more TDs in the redzone.
            It seems that we look away from that and it makes no sense because it would really help us out.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
              It is true that Eli Manning has had some issues this season and hopefully he will return to form for the end of season and possible playoff run here but it is not all on him. Our play calling is miserable. Yes, Eli Manning did miss a couple throws against Washington Redskins last MNF but there was no reason for our OC to abandon the passing game.

I am confident that Eli Manning turns it up a notch and we really need him to because our OC is pure garbage. I know there are folks that defend him but he flat out stinks. Hopefully this is his last season as our OC.
              I'd say they are both indispensable. Gilbride has been with Eli his whole career (yes, Chris Palmer was his first QB coach) and Eli is by all marks a successful QB and you have to be pretty pleased with the development of the offense since 2004. Well you don't have to be, but if you aren't by now I cannot imagine what more you want. Besides Tiki back. :-)

Comment

It seems that we look away from that and it makes no sense because it would really help us out.
                It seems like sometimes they deviate purposely from what was once working. Nothing has changed or prevented them from doing the same but they are like… hey let’s try this now.

Comment

When did we abandon the passing game?
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    When did we abandon the passing game?
                    the second half. Eli threw 2 times as many passes in the first half.

Comment

its never all any one player.....usually..
                      Eli has his times where he just flat out sucks....but he make sup for it in spades....
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I love how you can tell which threads it will be from the title. Its always the same characters that are football savants but somehow are on a message board instead of a locker room flock to any thread *****ing about someone who has dedicated their life to learning this sport and becoming good at it.

Bravo for consistency I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by pthere55 View Post
                          the second half. Eli threw 2 times as many passes in the first half.
                          That was the result of the horrible starting field position thanks to the penalties. But clearly in hindsight they should have been more aggressive. If the Giants make the playoffs, there is a good chance they will meet the 'Skins there. Hopefully the lesson was learned.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            I think it has to do with the scoring mentality of the QBs. I saw Shaub do the same thing against NE Monday night. He had the either the RB or the TE wide open 16 yards down field with no one in sight. Sure TD. He threw in the end zone in to double coverage. It think it was incomplete. Brady on the other hand, was taking his time and taking whatever they were giving him, mostly short passes and slants. It worked so good that they scored 3 TD's in their first 3 posetion during the 1st qrt and it was game over. Also, the play calling was impressive, especially the way they used their TE. In one of the TD's on first down the TE lined up at the half back position in the back field and you thought they were keeping him for protection, but he went in to the end zone and he caught the TD. Now that is something that you will never see Killdrive calling in a million years. Also, NE used a very fast paced, quick line up and snap game that even caught the D not ready and they scored a TD because no one covered the TE who lined up at WR position to the left. I just wonder why we do not use this but instead we wind up getting delay of game penalties and we wind up either chucking down the field or running a delay draw that never works.

Comment

Top 10 offense 5 years running, two SB victories, the emergence of a future HoF QB and the most prolific offense in Giants history.

Yeah I could see why you'd want him gone.
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                              X