• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew he blew a route on that last drive vs Washington

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
      I knew he blew a route on that last drive vs Washington
      Lol I was about to say the same thing...this man messed up on several routes and muffed 2 punts against Washington. He deserves to be in the doghouse. Damn I wished we would of drafted TY Hilton, that dude is a beast.
      " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
        I've noticed the Giants are getting Jernigan more involved on offense now along with Hixon and Barden... (Barden not so much though) And since Randle muffed two punts last week it seems he lost his job on returns as well as playing time on offense.

Thoughts?
        He should be. He is rarely on the same page with Eli. The guy run wrong routes to often and critical point in games.
        Reese, gone. Check! Bench McAdoo Doo, gone. Check! Let's Giants 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
          Those muffs could have been a lot worse. He's in for the long haul.
          A LOT worse
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
            Nicks - 56 snaps
            Cruz - 53 snaps
            Hixon - 43 snaps
            Barden - 4 snaps
            Jernigan - 3 snaps
            Randle - 1 snap
            Interesting, I thought I saw Jernigan more than 3 times, but it seems pretty accurate.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
              Interesting, I thought I saw Jernigan more than 3 times, but it seems pretty accurate.
              Yep, you did - those were only their offensive snaps. Jernigan also received 10 snaps on ST.

Comment

Forget about the muffs, he has't done Anything good on punt returns besides catch the ball....that's all he had going for himself, until ofcourse he screwed that up. Jerigan got more on that punt return than Randle has all year long fielding them. I'd keep Jernigan on punt return duties.

I still like Randle and think he could be a big time receiver in the future, but he's not really that good at returning punts, he doesn't have that speed and explosiveness that I see from guys like Jernigan and Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                  Forget about the muffs, he has't done Anything good on punt returns besides catch the ball....that's all he had going for himself, until ofcourse he screwed that up. Jerigan got more on that punt return than Randle has all year long fielding them. I'd keep Jernigan on punt return duties.

I still like Randle and think he could be a big time receiver in the future, but he's not really that good at returning punts, he doesn't have that speed and explosiveness that I see from guys like Jernigan and Wilson.
                  he's sloooow

Comment

The thing about those muffed punts is that they happened in the Green Bay game and he was fielding punts the next game. So was it something that happened during practice last week?

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post

Hixon returned two punts on Sunday, not Jernigan. Jernigan did have one kick return for 60 yards.

Rueben Randle 15 15 7.2 18 0
                      Domenik Hixon 3 2 8.0 10 0
                      TOTAL 18 17 7.3 18 0
                      OPPONENTS TOTAL 27 5 10.5 68 0
                      David Wilson 48 1,321 27.5 97 1
                      Andre Brown 3 42 14.0 22 0
                      Martellus Bennett 1 13 13.0 13 0
                      Jim Cordle 1 0 0.0 0 0
                      Jerrel Jernigan 1 60 60.0 60 0
                      TOTAL 54 1,436 26.6 97 1
                      OPPONENTS TOTAL 63 1,504 23.9 74 0
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                        The thing about those muffed punts is that they happened in the Green Bay game and he was fielding punts the next game. So was it something that happened during practice last week?
                        More likely TC not wanting to risk any muffs in the next three games. Hixon is more reliable and gains more yards per return

Comment

I think this shows we are officially in " Must Win" territory. With Hixon back he will get the snaps. A lot fewer mistakes from him over the rookie. Those muffs were huge mistakes. He also got way to close to a punt on the ground in that game. The cover team tried to push him into it looking for a turn over. Those mindless mistakes could kill us some time. Add the poor routes and that spells at least sleeping on the couch, if not the dog house.
                          # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                            Probably, or maybe the just trust Hixon more handling the ball and running routes for Eli.
                            Hixon should have been one of the returners to begin with. He excelled at it back in 07 and 08 before his injuries.

Comment

You never know!

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                                Hixon should have been one of the returners to begin with. He excelled at it back in 07 and 08 before his injuries.
                                Injuries to Nicks and Hixon made that almost impossible for a while.
                                Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-12-2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X