Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Available Coaches

*Full Disclosure*
    I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on.

Coaches:
    Romeo Crennel (if not offered KC job)
    Steve Spagnuolo (if fired)
    Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
    John Mitchell (Steelers Assistant HC)
    Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
    Jack Del Rio
    Mike Nolan (a retread)
    Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)

Re: List of Available Coaches

[quote user="guerilla"]*Full Disclosure*
    I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on.

Coaches:
    Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
    Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
    Jack Del Rio
    Mike Nolan (a retread)
    Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)[/quote]

WHO SIGNED JEFF FISHER? HE'S THE MOST QUALIFIED OF ALL THE ABOVE.

Comment

I think our best bet would be to keep TC for 2 more years and sign Spags onto a DC/ assistant head coach job. In 2 years time, Spags has a solid team to coach rather than that mess in STL.

Comment

[quote user="guerilla"]*Full Disclosure* I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on. Coaches: Romeo Crennel (if not offered KC job) Steve Spagnuolo (if fired) Vic Fangio (49ers DC) John Mitchell (Steelers Assistant HC) Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC) Jack Del Rio Mike Nolan (a retread) Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)[/quote]

Mike Zimmer is far and away my first choice.

My last choice would be any of the big names out there. Cowher, Chucky or Fisher.

Time for the Giants to join the 21st century of the NFL.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="nihan87"]I think our best bet would be to keep TC for 2 more years and sign Spags onto a DC/ assistant head coach job. In 2 years time, Spags has a solid team to coach rather than that mess in STL.[/quote]

There is yet to be any proof that Spags will be fired by the Rams. If he is, I am fully on board with this idea if they can't land Cowher or perhaps Fisher.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="guerilla"]*Full Disclosure*

Coaches:
            Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
            Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
            Jack Del Rio
            Mike Nolan (a retread)

WHO SIGNED JEFF FISHER? HE'S THE MOST QUALIFIED OF ALL THE ABOVE.[/quote]

My apologizes, I forgot to add him

*addendum
            Jeff Fisher

Comment

put tony sparano on that list.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="guerilla"][quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="guerilla"]*Full Disclosure*

Coaches:
                Vic Fangio (49ers DC)
                Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)
                Jack Del Rio
                Mike Nolan (a retread)

WHO SIGNED JEFF FISHER? HE'S THE MOST QUALIFIED OF ALL THE ABOVE.[/quote]

My apologizes, I forgot to add him

*addendum
                Jeff Fisher[/quote]

I really think he could turn this team around quickly without wholesale changes being made.

He was a smart DB when he played & played way above his physical ability & that's what this team needs since I've been totally convinced since the JR hiring that the overall talent on this team has been on the decline.

We need a coach that can the most out of less & he proven for years able to get that done.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="guerilla"]*Full Disclosure* I do like TC, but he has only hired one successful coordinator (Steve Spagnuolo). And because of this is why he will be fired if the tailspin continues. Regardless of how futile a job JR has done. So onto the list and please fill free to add on. Coaches: Romeo Crennel (if not offered KC job) Steve Spagnuolo (if fired) Vic Fangio (49ers DC) John Mitchell (Steelers Assistant HC) Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC) Jack Del Rio Mike Nolan (a retread) Ray Horton (Cardinals DC, long shot)[/quote]

My last choice would be any of the big names out there. Cowher, Chucky or Fisher.

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="Morehead State"]

My last choice would be any of the big names out there.* Cowher, Chucky or Fisher.

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

[/quote]

Fisher went head to head with Peyton in his prime for years with the lowest payroll in the NFL but got his team in the playoffs on a consistant basis.

If they go with someone in 21st century expect 0-16 type seasons for at least a year or two. This team does not have enough talent.. quality depth or what ever you want to call it for an inexperinced head coach to overcome. We'd be Detroit for a few years until JR get's the top players out of 3 or 4 drafts based on lously records.

Be hard to pay for a brandy new stadium with those lean years ahead of them. I don't think the owners will go that rought. They won't a playoff team year after year to fill the seats.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

^This.

The new era of NFL is hiring up and coming coordinators... just look at some of the top teams in the NFL right now.

Steelers- Tomlin
                      Ravens- Harbough
                      Packer- Mcarthy
                      49ers- Harbough (essentially the same team personal wise from last year and look at the difference)
                      Saints- Peyton
                      Falcons- Smith

Comment

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

[/quote] Fisher went head to head with Peyton in his prime for years with the lowest payroll in the NFL but got his team in the playoffs on a consistant basis. If they go with someone in 21st century expect 0-16 type seasons for at least a year or two. This team does not have enough talent.. quality depth or what ever you want to call it for an inexperinced head coach to overcome. We'd be Detroit for a few years until JR get's the top players out of 3 or 4 drafts based on lously records. Be hard to pay for a brandy new stadium with those lean years ahead of them. I don't think the owners will go that rought. They won't a playoff team year after year to fill the seats.[/quote]

0-16 type team??? Are you friggin nuts?

This team has some good players who aren't well coached or motivated. TC is stubborn to a fault. He's made some bad hires for coordinators. Only good hire was Spags. He has incompitent assistants and then stands by them in their mediocrity. He had to be threatened with his job to get him to let go both Tim Lewis and Bill Sheridan.

TC is a good football guy but he can't get his players to perform when they need to. They simply don't respond to him. How many year end collapses to we need to see people?

A good young coach who can motivate could restore this team to excellence immediately.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="GiantsYanks"][quote user="Morehead State"]

My last choice would be any of the big names out there.* Cowher, Chucky or Fisher.

[/quote]

^This.

The new era of NFL is hiring up and coming coordinators... just look at some of the top teams in the NFL right now.

Steelers- Tomlin
                          Ravens- Harbough
                          Packer- Mcarthy
                          49ers-* Harbough (essentially the same team personal wise from last year and look at the difference)
                          Saints- Peyton
                          Falcons- Smith

[/quote]

One thing missing here. A great GM is working for all those above mentioned coaches. When injuries hit the back up talent doesn't hurt those teams & in some cases makes them stronger.

The Giants when they lose starters they lose games period. No quality depth & that's goes squarely on one person's shoulder. JR

Comment

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="GiantsYanks"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

^This.

Steelers- Tomlin
                            Ravens- Harbough
                            Packer- Mcarthy
                            49ers- Harbough (essentially the same team personal wise from last year and look at the difference)
                            Saints- Peyton
                            Falcons- Smith

[/quote] One thing missing here. A great GM is working for all those above mentioned coaches. When injuries hit the back up talent doesn't hurt those teams & in some cases makes them stronger. The Giants when they lose starters they lose games period. No quality depth & that's goes squarely on one person's shoulder. JR[/quote]

Very good post.

i've been a reese fan, but some of his problems have been exposed, this year especially.

there's lots of teams that if they lose that one player, they'd be in big trouble. but we've got way too many of those positions.

and his management of the cap is horrible. he doesn't have enough room to sign the guys he wants to keep at this point, let alone go out and acquire new talent (which i'm not a huge fan of).

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

[/quote] Fisher went head to head with Peyton in his prime for years with the lowest payroll in the NFL but got his team in the playoffs on a consistant basis. If they go with someone in 21st century expect 0-16 type seasons for at least a year or two. This team does not have enough talent.. quality depth or what ever you want to call it for an inexperinced head coach to overcome. We'd be Detroit for a few years until JR get's the top players out of 3 or 4 drafts based on lously records. Be hard to pay for a brandy new stadium with those lean years ahead of them. I don't think the owners will go that rought. They won't a playoff team year after year to fill the seats.[/quote]

What are you talking about?

Fisher had 6 winning seasons and no championships in 16 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X