Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osi: When NYG At Their Best, Nobody Better

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Osi: When NYG At Their Best, Nobody Better

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-nobody-better

    Excerpt: "Osi Umenyiora knows how good the New England Patriots looked on Monday night after dismantling the Houston Texans.

    The defensive end also knows the Giants will need to play some of their best football to beat the NFC's best team, the Falcons, in Atlanta this weekend. But if the Giants are playing at their best, Umenyiora feels nobody is better.

    "They [the Patriots] are playing the best right now," Umenyiora said when asked if he thinks the Patriots are the best team on The Michael Kay show on ESPN New York 98.7. "But honestly, when the Giants are playing our best, there is no question we are the best team in football." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    He's right. When this teampays attention to details and brings their "A" game, they can beat any team in the NFL. I just wonder why they don't bring it more often.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ok Osi so when is it owing to happen? Now would be a great time for Tuck and Osi o start sacking the QB again and not like the one Osi had in garbage time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
        He's right. When this teampays attention to details and brings their "A" game, they can beat any team in the NFL. I just wonder why they don't bring it more often.
        +1
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
          Ok Osi so when is it owing to happen? Now would be a great time for Tuck and Osi o start sacking the QB again and not like the one Osi had in garbage time.
          Sacks are great, statistically. But pressure is by far the more important factor in disrupting an offense. We have proven that in the number of intereceptoin s we have gotten. Pressure makes the QB do things he doesn't intend on doing. Sacking the QB just puts him on his *** (unles you create a fumble and recover it). I'd rather let Stevie Brown & Co. go after the errant passes myself.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Reads like Osi is channeling his inner Madden.

            When we score more points than the other team, we can beat anyone.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Sacks are great, statistically. But pressure is by far the more important factor in disrupting an offense. We have proven that in the number of intereceptoin s we have gotten. Pressure makes the QB do things he doesn't intend on doing. Sacking the QB just puts him on his *** (unles you create a fumble and recover it). I'd rather let Stevie Brown & Co. go after the errant passes myself.
              Yeah, but it looked more like Brees forcing than the defense pressuring him the other day. Also, a sack or to will make a little more uncomfortable and also make him hurry his throws.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                Yeah, but it looked more like Brees forcing than the defense pressuring him the other day. Also, a sack or to will make a little more uncomfortable and also make him hurry his throws.
                According to PFF Brees was pressured on 18 of his 44 drop backs. Almost 50 %
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Osi sucks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It didn't seem like that much. There was a play where Tuck blasted him but he didn't seem like he was being rushed that much.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      According to PFF Brees was pressured on 18 of his 44 drop backs. Almost 50 %
                      PFF is horrible with their judgment stats. Brees wasn't pressured anywhere near 45% of his drop backs.

                      Tremendously bad website to quote stats from.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        Sacks are great, statistically. But pressure is by far the more important factor in disrupting an offense. We have proven that in the number of intereceptoin s we have gotten. Pressure makes the QB do things he doesn't intend on doing. Sacking the QB just puts him on his *** (unles you create a fumble and recover it). I'd rather let Stevie Brown & Co. go after the errant passes myself.
                        Is that right? Did you see the Texans put Brady on his *** repeatedly and hit him over and over Monday night? Brady still shredded them. So I would argue I'd rather sack the damn quarterback than have him complete the pass under pressure. I will say Brady looked tougher Monday night than when we hit him in the past.
                        Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Good Response By Osi!
                          New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
                            He's right. When this teampays attention to details and brings their "A" game, they can beat any team in the NFL. I just wonder why they don't bring it more often.
                            I'm starting to get the opinion that the senior guys on defense - like Tuck and Osi - sandbag it a little in games they know they don't need to win. And then, when they get backed up (e.g., Green Bay, Saints), they fire up.

                            Again, I could be totally wrong.....but in Osi's case especially, I think so. Look at last year, for example.....when they really needed him, it was "Classic Osi". But in the "throwaway" games, he was the invisible man.

                            So, I think it's almost going to be a nod-nod-wink-wink deal with the defensive line.....they are going to look at the calendar, see Redskins and Dallas on their ***, and say, "let's crank this up and nail down the division."
                            Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 12-12-2012, 09:41 AM.
                            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                            "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
                              Is that right? Did you see the Texans put Brady on his *** repeatedly and hit him over and over Monday night? Brady still shredded them. So I would argue I'd rather sack the damn quarterback than have him complete the pass under pressure. I will say Brady looked tougher Monday night than when we hit him in the past.
                              most great QBs shred blitzes and man to man coverage. They may get hit but more times than not they make the plays.
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X