Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Exploring Expanded Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NFL Exploring Expanded Playoffs

    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Roger Goodell said NFL is exploring the idea of expanding the playoffs from 12 to 14 or 16 teams.

    Can't wait for those 7-9 playoff teams.

  • #2
    No thank you!
    Mood: WOOF!

    Comment


    • #3
      I think at some point it happens. Just to much money for the league not to do it. Players and coaches would like it as they typically get bonuses for making the playoffs.

      Comment


      • #4
        What is this? Basketball?

        Comment


        • #5
          No No and No. we'll have garbage teams in weak divisions making the playfoffs every year, not fair.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
            No No and No. we'll have garbage teams in weak divisions making the playfoffs every year, not fair.
            Wouldn't be so bad in a year like this one where you could have a 10-6 Redskins, Cowboys, Bears or Giants team miss the playoffs.

            Comment


            • #7
              Just go start your own league Goodell. He's proposing WAY too many changes.

              Comment


              • #8
                I hate Goodell

                Comment


                • #9
                  Keep the playoffs they way they are.. I actually like the nfl format better than the nba or baseball. It feels just right. The nba has too many team and the mlb has too few. The nfl has it just right

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PETEY006 View Post
                    Keep the playoffs they way they are.. I actually like the nfl format better than the nba or baseball. It feels just right. The nba has too many team and the mlb has too few. The nfl has it just right
                    The problem is if this goes to an owners vote I think it gets approved because all they care about is money.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Money rules.....it will happen.

                      Coaches would like it, since missing the playoffs is "hot seat" material.

                      Making the playoffs makes fans happier, too.....so really, it's the purists versus everyone else.
                      Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 12-12-2012, 08:47 PM.
                      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                      "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        14 teams should be good. I think the first bye round is now overrated because players are more protected now then they were in the pass. Also, most of these guys don't know what astro-turf is and how hard it can be. The turf monster caused some of most serious injuries I have seen in the game.
                        Lets go, Giants!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It seems more and more the new leaders of corporations want to show corporate leaders they are trying to make changes for what they think is a quick fix but what many fail to realize is things are the way they are and have been for long periods for a reason

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nycisgreat View Post
                            14 teams should be good. I think the first bye round is now overrated because players are more protected now then they were in the pass. Also, most of these guys don't know what astro-turf is and how hard it can be.
                            Yeah the only way 14 works is the number one seed on each side gets a bye and the other 6 teams in each conference play in the first round.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                              Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
                              Roger Goodell said NFL is exploring the idea of expanding the playoffs from 12 to 14 or 16 teams.

                              Can't wait for those 7-9 playoff teams.
                              The commish is very inconsistent. He does things for player safety ie. changing rules, looking to eliminate kickoffs, etc. and yet for the sake of a few more $'s, he's pushing for an 18 game season and talking expansion of playoffs. The NFL is a good product, why's he messing with it?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X