No announcement yet.

Giants' David Wilson May Be Too Valuable To Keep Flipping Around The End Zone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' David Wilson May Be Too Valuable To Keep Flipping Around The End Zone

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ay_be_too.html

Excerpt: "The Giants’ first-round draft pick created a stir Sunday afternoon with his three-touchdown performance in the 52-27 victory against the Saints, one on a kickoff return and two rushing. What followed — back-flips in the end zone, one to celebrate each score — created another kind of a stir.

The concern from Wilson’s teammates and bosses is understandable, particularly with starting running back Ahmad Bradshaw’s status for Sunday’s game in Atlanta very much in question, after he suffered a sprained left knee against the Saints. Wilson may need to step in as the starter, and carry his largest rushing load of the season, and the Giants can’t afford a needless injury.

Wilson shrugged. He’s been flipping since he was a toddler growing up in southern Virginia, and he claims he’s never missed.

“It’s a possibility they can go wrong, but for me, I’ve been doing ’em since I was three years old,” Wilson said. “It’s like easy, it’s almost like running, for me to jump and turn backwards. I’ve been doing it for a while, so I think people can relax a little.”

This is what comes with Wilson’s newfound status as a key part of the Giants offense. In the 12 previous games, Wilson had only cause to flip once, late in a victory against the Browns. On Sunday, he did it three times. As Tuck extolled, “without him, we don’t win that game on Sunday, hands down.”

But Tuck added, “We have to try our best now to keep his head the same size it is right now.”

It’s part of what Wilson called a “dramatic change” from Week 1, when he was benched for fumbling. Just a few weeks ago, he was the third running back on the Giants roster. But Andre Brown broke his fibula, and now Bradshaw suffered the knee injury, on top of the bruised bone in his foot." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I tend to agree with the team only becasue of the physicality of his celebration. We'll see if he's matured enough to see the wisdom of dialing it back for his and the team's benefit.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-13-2012, 10:13 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I hope this isn't a topic we keep hearing weekly.

Comment

I will say this. In the article I read on Giants 101, it didn't sound like DW plans on stopping it. If he continues to do it after veterans and a team captain tell him to stop, it will say a lot about his character, imo.

Comment

they should "tell" him to stop. Dont give him a choice.
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by wuzpapn View Post
            I hope this isn't a topic we keep hearing weekly.
            You have the option of ignoring threads

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              they should "tell" him to stop. Dont give him a choice.
              I think that's what Reese meant when he said he'd be in his grill. Translates into I'm the guy who pays you.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                I think that's what Reese meant when he said he'd be in his grill. Translates into I'm the guy who pays you.
                yep.....I agree....
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I think it's overblown. It's not like he's doing something that he has never done before. It seems to come pretty natural to him. As long as he's scoring and we aren't getting blown out at the time, I have no problem with it.
                  I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I have a Great suggestion............No celebrations, from any Giants, Just when they score a TD, Let the Giant Organization, donate a $1000. to the players favorite charity ! This way everyone is Happy....This will Also help the players image.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                      I think it's overblown. It's not like he's doing something that he has never done before. It seems to come pretty natural to him. As long as he's scoring and we aren't getting blown out at the time, I have no problem with it.
                      It's bigger than this now. If team leaders and vets are asking/telling him to stop and he continues to do it. Then he is being sellfish and showing a lack of consideration for his team, and that is a problem. No one is bigger than the team.

Comment

I hope we see 17 more backflips in these next 3 games
                        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          You have the option of ignoring threads
                          +1

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                            I hope we see 17 more backflips in these next 3 games

THIS!!! Players are in harms way anytime they are on the field. I sincerely have no problem with it.
                            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Which one of you bird lovers is ready to eat my special blend of Wilson crow soup??

Comment

Working...
                              X