Hmm, odd note about the Washington loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, odd note about the Washington loss

I know its old news, but something about the way every return was called back, or everytime we reached their 35 yd line we'd get a holding or some penalty, stuck me as suspicious. I didn't think anything more really until I found out that Washington is the most penalized team in the NFL. In every game, EXCEPT the one we lost to them in (which would have eliminated both the redskins and cowboys in all likelihood), Washington has been more penalized then the other team.
    I know I am probably making something out of nothing. I just didnt like how they wouldnt show a replay of the ST penalty ONCE, and when u get a guy returning it past the 50, telecasts almost always show the replay that brought back the run bc its a serious momentum changer. Cordle kept on shaking his head and looking angry at the calls. Its also strange because the following week, our ST goes off...

People were wondering if the fix was in to keep interest in the hype machine, RG3, alive...Just saying, weird how in the 1 game that for all intents and purposes eliminates the redskins, they get called for what was it, 3 penalties all game? and we got called for what, 11? in the same situation (ST returns/their 35 yd line or around there)...just weird is all.

i wrote on here during the game that the league needed, not only RGIII to remain alive but they coulnd't have yet another divisional race over this early. Some of the penalties and the Redskins non-calls were suspicious. On their bogus 1st td, that receiver is not allowed to advance the football.

Comment

Those penalties, even on offense, were killers. Like evryone always says, there is holding on every play, it is up to the refs to call it. When it was that lopsided, it is suspicious. Kinda had the same feeling when we played the Pack 2x last year. EVERY CALL WAS THEIR WAY. Even obvious challenged plays.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

conspiracy theory?

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

I wondered about not seeing the replays of the penalties, but after taking a look at that return Cordle tackled his man who was the first guy down on coverage and may have made the play on Wilson. It was pretty blatant hence the reason there were like 3 separate flags thrown. I can't speak on the other penalties though.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            I know its old news, but something about the way every return was called back, or everytime we reached their 35 yd line we'd get a holding or some penalty, stuck me as suspicious. I didn't think anything more really until I found out that Washington is the most penalized team in the NFL. In every game, EXCEPT the one we lost to them in (which would have eliminated both the redskins and cowboys in all likelihood), Washington has been more penalized then the other team.
            I know I am probably making something out of nothing. I just didnt like how they wouldnt show a replay of the ST penalty ONCE, and when u get a guy returning it past the 50, telecasts almost always show the replay that brought back the run bc its a serious momentum changer. Cordle kept on shaking his head and looking angry at the calls. Its also strange because the following week, our ST goes off...

People were wondering if the fix was in to keep interest in the hype machine, RG3, alive...Just saying, weird how in the 1 game that for all intents and purposes eliminates the redskins, they get called for what was it, 3 penalties all game? and we got called for what, 11? in the same situation (ST returns/their 35 yd line or around there)...just weird is all.

No.

And Elvis is dead.

There was no man on the grassy knoll.

The only aliens in New Mexico come from across the border, not outer space.

Hope that puts your mind to rest.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              No.

And Elvis is dead.

There was no man on the grassy knoll.

The only aliens in New Mexico come from across the border, not outer space.

Hope that puts your mind to rest.
              And from what I remember, no remains of Jimmy Hoffa were found in 2010.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by elitocruz View Post
                i wrote on here during the game that the league needed, not only RGIII to remain alive but they coulnd't have yet another divisional race over this early. Some of the penalties and the Redskins non-calls were suspicious. On their bogus 1st td, that receiver is not allowed to advance the football.
                RG3 is the new celebrity they want him to have success thus they don't call penalities on the Skins

Comment

I thinks its naive to think the league doesn't have an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahh View Post
                    I thinks its naive to think the league doesn't have an agenda.
                    Of course they have an agenda, but it's a pretty big stretch to believe that they have the refs fix games. That's just silly

Comment

Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                      Of course they have an agenda, but it's a pretty big stretch to believe that they have the refs fix games. That's just silly
                      I don't call it a fix but I'm saying that refs do tend to focus one way or the other. No doubt these refs have gag agreements in their contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahh View Post
                        I don't call it a fix but I'm saying that refs do tend to focus one way or the other. No doubt these refs have gag agreements in their contracts.
                        If they're calling one way or the other then they are influencing the game with bias towards one of the teams. So you are basically saying they are fixing the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                          Heard that same quote when Spy Gate & Bounty Gate started to surface. But nothing will come out of this one because the fox never rats himself out to the hen house. Book it "the FIX was IN during the Redskin game. It was too obvious to the average sports fan.

Comment

The NFL would love to see as many Week 17 games important for playoff purposes as possible. If the refs are in fact responsible for pushing things in a more "competitive" direction and this theory is true, the Giants should see ref help against Atlanta on Sunday. They already have the division while we are potentially one loss away from being knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by jakegibbs View Post
                              Heard that same quote when Spy Gate & Bounty Gate started to surface. But nothing will come out of this one because the fox never rats himself out to the hen house. Book it "the FIX was IN during the Redskin game. It was too obvious to the average sports fan.
                              Spy gate and Bounty gate were things individual teams/coaches did. This conspiracy theory about the league fixing games is a whole different enchalada.

Comment

Working...
                              X