Osi, G-Men Set To Sack ATL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangeGiant View Post
    Everyone is enamored with stats, that is the problem. TD passes for a QB, rushing yards/TD's for a back. receptions/yards for receivers, sacks for DE's. What people don't realize is sometimes stats don't tell the story. A team with a terrible defense who is constantly behind in games and has to throw the ball all the time is going to have players with inflated passing yard stats, piling up yardage in garbage time when defenses are letting them complete passes underneath over and over trying to prevent the big play. Offenses that play the Giants defense know they need to have quick plays, 3 step drops, and get rid of the ball. Plus we haven't exactly been good against the run so teams are running the ball on us. These are some of the reasons why the sacks are down.

The only stat I care about is W-L record. The rest doesn't matter.
    +1.....this is why I laugh whenever dumb NFL fans tell me that even though we've won 2 championships in the past 5 years, we weren't "that dominant" of a team.

They act as if the coaches are there to please them, fantasy players, and stat nerds as opposed to winning the lombardi.

I hope NE is satisfied with their reg. season stats.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
      Osi has been chipped and double teamed game after game this season, I made a thread about it awhile back. Watch the game without your blinders on.
      I absolutely disagree, there have been plenty of times where Osi has been blocked solely by the OT or even the Fullback plenty of times. Osi just has been playing the way he usually does, being afraid of contact, over running the play and being virtually useless in run defense. JPP is the one who is constantly double teamed and chipped, yet still manages to do better than our other two "elite" DEs. The D-line has looked a little better as of late overall, but to say Osi has been unproductive because he is getting too much attention from opposing team's offense is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
        I absolutely disagree, there have been plenty of times where Osi has been blocked solely by the OT or even the Fullback plenty of times. Osi just has been playing the way he usually does, being afraid of contact, over running the play and being virtually useless in run defense. JPP is the one who is constantly double teamed and chipped, yet still manages to do better than our other two "elite" DEs. The D-line has looked a little better as of late overall, but to say Osi has been unproductive because he is getting too much attention from opposing team's offense is a joke.
        How has he been unproductive? He's tied for the most sacks on the D and he's caused forced fumbles. He's elite against the pass at least.The linebackers are better against the run so they make up for it. Tuck is getting old but we can't lose him cause he's the leader of the d line(just look what happend to the bears and ravens when they lost ray lewis and brian urlacher for their defenses). Plus Tuck is still productive.

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
          How has he been unproductive? He's tied for the most sacks on the D and he's caused forced fumbles. He's elite against the pass at least.The linebackers are better against the run so they make up for it. Tuck is getting old but we can't lose him cause he's the leader of the d line(just look what happend to the bears and ravens when they lost ray lewis and brian urlacher for their defenses). Plus Tuck is still productive.
          Hes had only 2 forced fumbles and 6 sacks, those are not good numbers for someone who is supposedly an elite pass rusher. Those numbers coupled with the fact that the guy is a huge liability in run defense does not justify the amount of money he is being paid. To put it in perspective, there are 34 other players in the league that have more sacks than Osi does at this point, and 32 players that have forced more fumbles. This notion that Osi is an "elite" player is a figment of your imagination.

Comment

Working...
          X