Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible offseason solution to our RB unit

Reggie Bush.

I know, we've been down this road before. And the accepted, justified response (imo) was "too much money, not a between the T rb" when he became a FA in N.O.
    Well, I got to tell you, before that knee injury he suffered vs the NYJ, I was very impressed with his vision and ability to run between the T's. He's explosive, EXCELLENT out of the backfield, and could do return duties. He would compliment Wilson and Brown PERFECTLY imho. Wilson the starter, Brown the conversion/RZ back, and Bush who can do some running, some catching out of the backfield, and, working out of the slot.

Plus, he should be relatively cheap coming off this season with Miami, and with what RB's are making nowadays. Only thing, I think it'd mean peace out to bradshaw...

And I know the offseason isnt for another lifetime and we don't know how things will look at that time, its just I read that Miami doesnt have plans to re-sign him. Plus, I really do think he'd be the absolute perfect fit in this offense with Wilson/Brown

Bush is okay, but a cheaper option that might fit the Giants just a little bit better is Rashard Mendenhall. Has had a terrible year while recovering from a late-2011 Torn ACL. He's no Adrian Peterson in terms of rehab, but that is just paranormal ****. Plus, Mendenhall when healthy always produced with a weak OL. Bush is dynamic, but he's an injury risk and would be asked to do things here (like learning the intricacies of pass blocking) and would probably never even be utilized.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

And I don't know if Bush is in the doghouse in Miami but he has really been losing major snaps to Daniel Thomas, especially after that NYJ game. Maybe he is still a little dinged.

Comment

ya know, with the way RM and Pitt are handling whatever issue it is theyre dealing with, I could see Pitt not trying to retain him. Is he FA? Bush is a FA.

I also believe Bush would have to be capable in pass pro as he's been used so much as that kind of rb. id be shocked if he couldnt pass pro. But I do hear what ur saying. Just we all want that pass catching RB option, a legit one, and Bush gives us that. Eli would use the check down a lot more imo knowing the caliber player Bush is in that role. And with Wilsons speed, Browns power, Bush would compliment both imo. just a thought, i doubt we get either but do u think RM would be cheaper? I dunno itd seem to me like hed demand more

Comment

After this year, I don't think RM can command anything more than a 1 year-prove it deal. Can't imagine him wanting to return to Pittsburgh either. Yeah I'd definitely think he'd come cheaper. Something like a Bennett deal, preferably with a second year team option.

Comment

Draft a fresh RB in the late rounds, we don't need any old beat up RB

Comment

Though Bush would add a really nice wrinkle to our offense, I'm just not big on signing a RB going on a third contract with a history of lingering injuries.

Comment

Bush is a Monster, who i feel is being stifled by forcing him into a 'Type' of runner, instead of his Natural Talents

Comment

Interesting thoughts; however, I'm not sure RB is an area of need on this team.... OT, MLB, CB...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                    Interesting thoughts; however, I'm not sure RB is an area of need on this team.... OT, MLB, CB...
                    i agree with the needs u listed, but by signing bush thru FA, we can target those needs thru the draft and not have to waste a pick on a rb, bc i think we'd have to if we dont add a rb in FA.

Comment

Stupid.. We don't have the cap space for him, nor is it a need. Our trio of RBs (Bradshaw, Wilson, Brown) is actually pretty damn good, when the line starts opening up more holes on a consistent basis, that's when it will show.

I'd much rather FAs used to target a good veteran CB or OL

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                        Bush is okay, but a cheaper option that might fit the Giants just a little bit better is Rashard Mendenhall. Has had a terrible year while recovering from a late-2011 Torn ACL. He's no Adrian Peterson in terms of rehab, but that is just paranormal ****. Plus, Mendenhall when healthy always produced with a weak OL. Bush is dynamic, but he's an injury risk and would be asked to do things here (like learning the intricacies of pass blocking) and would probably never even be utilized.
                        RM sure looks like he's done in Pitt. However he is injury prone too.
                        We Want 5!

Comment

yea we can draft an RB and replace Scott. the OL and CB positions need an instant upgrade, so those will be the FA moves imo.

Comment

Originally posted by laylow28 View Post
                            RM sure looks like he's done in Pitt. However he is injury prone too.
                            True, but I'm only suggesting we go Mendenhall on the basis that he would come much cheaper. If his demands ate anywhere over 2 mil, I would just walk away from it.

Comment

CB and LB would be better improved through FA. But we need to spend rounds 1-4 on the OL. Gut the whole damn thing except for Beatty and maybe Snee, and start over.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X