• Show
Clear All

• Gruden/Spags/new OC

i think this is what needs to be done

Re: Gruden/Spags/new OC

Gruden signed an exclusive agreement contract with ESPN he isnt coaching

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Gruden signed an exclusive agreement contract with ESPN he isnt coaching[/quote]
      i'm sure all coaches/managers in all sports who signs contracts with networks have an opt out clause

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Gruden signed an exclusive agreement contract with ESPN he isnt coaching[/quote]

It is in no way exclusive inthe sense that if the guy wants to become a head coach again he will be allowed to do so. No way ESPN will force him to stay on board. They won't want that reputation.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Yes this is what prevents a coach from a COACHING oppurtunity....... cmon bro really.... he has to make sure he has a job

Comment

Everyone seems to forget that Gruden inherited Dungys team that was already a playoff contender, he lucks out and get to play his old team the raiders in the superbowl and gets a ring, that manges to destroy the bucs and leave them in the gutter, sorry, I like him on ESPN, not on the Giants sideline.
            Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]Everyone seems to forget that Gruden inherited Dungys team that was already a playoff contender, he lucks out and get to play his old team the raiders in the superbowl and gets a ring, that manges to destroy the bucs and leave them in the gutter, sorry, I like him on ESPN, not on the Giants sideline.[/quote]

This.

Comment

[quote user="KillaRich"]i think this is what needs to be done[/quote]

na i don't want to touch Gruden. Hes even starting to annoy me just listening to him once a week

i can't imagine him being our HC
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]Everyone seems to forget that Gruden inherited Dungys team that was already a playoff contender, he lucks out and get to play his old team the raiders in the superbowl and gets a ring, that manges to destroy the bucs and leave them in the gutter, sorry, I like him on ESPN, not on the Giants sideline.[/quote]

This.

[/quote]

ye abut it was also his team that he just left in the superbowl

EDIT: also wasn't the year before in his last year in Oakland the Tuck rule game? Oakland was in the AFC championship i think. I may be way off on that
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Drez"]

This.

[/quote]

EDIT: also wasn't the year before in his last year in Oakland the Tuck rule game? Oakland was in the AFC championship i think. I may be way off on that
                    [/quote]

I think you're right, but I still think Gruden is either the most overrated (or second most overrated next to Fisher) coach on the sidelines.

There's just something I don't like about him as a coach, even though I can't quite put my finger on it. If we were to go with a re-tread, I'd rather go with Cowher or even Billick (though I still want to punch him in the balls for his pre-SB comment about the Giants).

Comment

Absolutely.

I have no idea why people want Gruden. Is it because he is likeable on TV?

Because I am not sure there people are doing their research at all. Gruden had completely lost his team by the time he left Tampa. Look at the public comments by his former players and they ALL credit Dungy and monte Kiffin for the SB and not Gruden. Sapp has been the most vocal.

Gruden, but the time he left Tampa, had completely lost his players. He had disputes with his starting QB(Jeff Garcia) that got extremely ugly and public.

Most notably, he had public and repeated disuputes with his GM Rich McKay culminating in McKay being fired in favor of Grudens friend(who was later fired with Gruden). McKay went on to Atlanta to do an amazing job rebuilding that team post Vick scandal.

People who go public with their problems are a bad fit for NY. Gruden likes the camera too much, he loves getting a quote in the pars, and he isnt even that good a coach.

I would be very upset if we picked him.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Drez"]

This.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you're right, but I still think Gruden is either the most overrated (or second most overrated next to Fisher) coach on the sidelines.

There's just something I don't like about him as a coach, even though I can't quite put my finger on it. If we were to go with a re-tread, I'd rather go with Cowher or even Billick (though I still want to punch him in the balls for his pre-SB comment about the Giants).

[/quote]

Was he the coach or the OC with the Raiders, I really don't remember, not trying to be funny.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

[quote user="Joe Morrison"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Drez"]

This.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was he the coach or the OC with the Raiders, I really don't remember, not trying to be funny.

[/quote]

I think Callahan was technically the OC, but I'd imagine it was a very similar situation to NO, where Carmichael is the OC, but Payton is really the one in charge of things.

Comment

[quote user="KillaRich"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Gruden signed an exclusive agreement contract with ESPN he isnt coaching[/quote] Yes this is what prevents a coach from a COACHING oppurtunity....... cmon bro really.... he has to make sure he has a job[/quote]Well most contracts have an escape clause for coaching jobs.The first one he signed with them did. This one doesnt.

Anyway No I wouldnt want Gruden to be the Giants coach. No retreads. The one thing I do find intersting though with Gruden is that he said he would install a Spread Offense if he coached again.

Comment

Well He's a West Coast disciple. ( Bill Walsh ), That in itself makes me say no.

Comment

Working...
                              X