The Giants are a mediocre franchise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Giants are a mediocre franchise

Twenty years of mediocrity before Parcel's came along...what did owners and GM do? Ran him out of town...

Under TC same o same o...with exception of one Superbowl that I credit to Spag's defense.

Today, headed to our fourth year second half collapse under TC.

Clean house from Reece down....find ownership that really takes action to create sustained excellence and sell the team

Fans deserve more than we've gotten for the past 40 years!!!!

Re: The Giants are a mediocre franchise

[quote user="MikeV"]Twenty years of mediocrity before Parcel's came along...what did owners and GM do? Ran him out of town...[/quote]

Uh, no.

Parcells tried to quit after the 1986 Super Bowl but the Giants wouldn't let him out of his contract.

In 1990 he told people before the Super Bowl he was going to quit. Before the actual game. But he watched as all his assistants (including Belichick and Coughlin) left for other jobs, and quit on the Giants. AFTER rookie mini-camp, which left them with literally nobody to coach, and that's how Ray Handley got the job.

Then he shows up in New England in 1993.

Of course he screwed New England too. And then the Jets. And then the Cowboys. And then the Dolphins.

Learn your history if you're going to use it to try to make a point.

And really, you're going to complain about the Maras?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Super Bowl in 2007, playoff contenders every year, very good QB for the foreseeable future. It could be A LOT worse!

Jets-Never Win. Perennial losers. No championships since '69.
      Noone can argue, being a Giants fan has had a significantly better share
      of great games and wonderful memories!

Eagles- Could you imagine if every single season that you watched you never once won a championship! I would be so miserable.

Skins- Could you imagine how hard being a fan of their team for the last 10 years would be?

Bills- ouch

Cleveland- oh god

Detroit- yup

Chicago- you'd be posting about how you hate cutler and the
      terrible o'line and how sleepy Lovie smith looks on the sideline. Good
      in the 80's but that was a long time ago and nothing to note in the
      90's. 2000 was bland. Giants are better to root for!

Colts- yep they are looking good. ALthough they have been
      kicking but with Manning and won a few Bowls, plus they had Unitas. It
      wouldnt be too bad rooting for them

Rams- pretty glad i don't root for them! A little run with
      Warner but overall, a losing franchise and I'm happier to be rooting for
      big blue!

Miami- Hows that going for you? nothing to get excited about
      since Marino and even he never won. Happier to root for the G-Men for
      sure!

Cowboys- You would still be killing yourself over losing to the
      Giants and you would be questioning Romo's passion for the game on the
      message boards every day. If I had to see wade phillips in charge of my
      team on the sidelines for 5 years, I would have puked. They had some
      runs in the 90's and pretty good history but I'll take the Giants
      because of the playoof win in 2007 and a more recent super bowl!

Cincinnati- dont think anyone can argue that we're in better shape then them

Atlanta- another winless franchise

New Orleans- yes, they look good now. Rooting for them is easy, they are dominating. But over the years they were a laughing stock.

Pats- that would be nice but they went decades of being awful

Pittsburgh- probably the best franchise to be a fan of in terms of consistency. I would be happy to be a fan

Green Bay- Great franchise but had some gut wrenching playoff losses with Favre. Overall, great franchise.

Minnesota- Another franchise that would make you a nut case-
      culppepr blowing it, Dennis Green (ugh), gary anderson missed field
      goal- I am much happier being a giants fan, plus we beat them to go to the
      super bowl in 2000. G-men are better to root for.

Denver- had some good runs, they are fairly consistent but I
      think being a Giants fan is better because we beat them in the super
      bowl.

Arizona- Perennial losers, they made a run but really this would be just simply painful to root for this team

Kansas City- 10-15 years of futility you would be straight up miserable rooting for them

Houston Texans- they've done nothing and they get smoked by the colts no playoffs....no doubt being a Giant fan is more fun

San Diego-Talent and they lose, you would be asking for Norv Turners head on platter and ripping Rivers all day everyday

Seattle- Please, what a dull team in NFL history. Big Blue is better to root for!

49ers- I would have thrown up a lot of Sunday afternoons watching
      Alex Smith. They did rule the 80's and 90's and pretty good in the
      2000 with Jeff Garcia---Overall it wouldn't be horrible rooting for this
      team my whole life.

Tampa Bay- Even with the super bowl in 2005 or whatever, this team is usually awful...Giants franchise is infinitely better.

Comment

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]

Pittsburgh- probably the best franchise to be a fan of in terms of consistency. I would be happy to be a fan [/quote]

Ironically they were one of the NFL's doormats. Didn't even make the playoffs a single time from 1933-1972. Since then it's been slightly better
        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Let me guess.... Yankee trash???

Comment

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]Super Bowl in 2007, playoff contenders every year, very good QB for the foreseeable future.* It could be A LOT worse!

Jets-Never Win.* Perennial losers.* No championships since '69.*

Eagles- Could you imagine if every single season that you watched you never once won a championship!* I would be so miserable.

Skins- Could you imagine how hard being a fan of their team for the last 10 years would be?

Bills- ouch

Cleveland- oh god

Detroit- yup

terrible o'line and how sleepy Lovie smith looks on the sideline.* Good
            90's. 2000 was bland.* Giants are better to root for!

Colts- yep they are looking good.* ALthough they have been
            kicking but with Manning and won a few Bowls, plus they had Unitas.* It

Rams- pretty glad i don't root for them!* A little run with
            big blue!

Miami-* Hows that going for you? nothing to get excited about
            since Marino and even he never won.* Happier to root for the G-Men for
            sure!

message boards every day.* If I had to see wade phillips in charge of my
            team on the sidelines for 5 years, I would have puked.* They had some

New Orleans- yes, they look good now.* Rooting for them is easy, they are dominating.* But over the years they were a laughing stock.*

Pittsburgh- probably the best franchise to be a fan of in terms of consistency.* I would be happy to be a fan

Green Bay- Great franchise but had some gut wrenching playoff losses with Favre.* Overall, great franchise.

super bowl in 2000.* G-men are better to root for.

bowl.

Arizona- Perennial losers, they made a run but really this would be just simply painful to root for this team

Kansas City- 10-15 years of futility you would be straight up miserable rooting for them

Houston Texans- they've done nothing and they get smoked by the colts no playoffs....no doubt being a Giant fan is more fun

San Diego-Talent and they lose, you would be asking for Norv Turners head on platter and ripping Rivers all day everyday

Seattle- Please, what a dull team in NFL history.* Big Blue is better to root for!

Alex Smith.* They did rule the 80's and 90's and pretty good in the
            team my whole life.

Tampa Bay- Even with the super bowl in 2005 or whatever, this team is usually awful...Giants franchise is infinitely better.[/quote]

Excellent analysis.

How many of those teams are better than the giants? I can't imagine what it's like to be a hardcore Browns fan. Just sad.

Comment

Does your mommie know your on the computer again, playing Giant Fan ?

Comment

Coughlin restored pride to this Giants team. Unfortunately, the talent on the team has gotten old and/or soft.

If Coughlin goes, I want to see alot of roster changes, because many of the guys that Reese has brought on board are overrated, soft, or both.

Comment

[quote user="MikeV"]Twenty years of mediocrity before Parcel's came along...what did owners and GM do? Ran him out of town... Under TC same o same o...with exception of one Superbowl that I credit to Spag's defense. Today, headed to our fourth year second half collapse under TC. Clean house from Reece down....find ownership that really takes action to create sustained excellence and sell the team Fans deserve more than we've gotten for the past 40 years!!!![/quote]

shut up......

so as a football fan you take a super bowl for granted. And you are obviously on Spagnulos jock...

find ownership??? WTF are you talking about...you want them to sell the team or something....

good thing you're not a Browns fan......

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

They are not bad. Had a bunch of NFL championships and then the only team to win a Bowl in the 80's 90's and 00's. Will it be the 10's as well? Who knows. But Do I bet the Gmen will be 10+ time champs by 2050? You bet.
                    Sorry we cant be the NY Yankees. I would love to see the giants win 27 champions but the NFL is a much harder league to win in. I have seen the yankees win a lot but cmon I am also a Knicks fan. They havent been good at all in the 00's.

Comment

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]Super Bowl in 2007, playoff contenders every year, very good QB for the foreseeable future.* It could be A LOT worse!

Jets-Never Win.* Perennial losers.* No championships since '69.*

Eagles- Could you imagine if every single season that you watched you never once won a championship!* I would be so miserable.

Bills- ouch

Cleveland- oh god

Detroit- yup

terrible o'line and how sleepy Lovie smith looks on the sideline.* Good
                      90's. 2000 was bland.* Giants are better to root for!

Colts- yep they are looking good.* ALthough they have been
                      kicking but with Manning and won a few Bowls, plus they had Unitas.* It

Rams- pretty glad i don't root for them!* A little run with
                      big blue!

Miami-* Hows that going for you? nothing to get excited about
                      since Marino and even he never won.* Happier to root for the G-Men for
                      sure!

New Orleans- yes, they look good now.* Rooting for them is easy, they are dominating.* But over the years they were a laughing stock.*

Pittsburgh- probably the best franchise to be a fan of in terms of consistency.* I would be happy to be a fan

Green Bay- Great franchise but had some gut wrenching playoff losses with Favre.* Overall, great franchise.

super bowl in 2000.* G-men are better to root for.

bowl.

Seattle- Please, what a dull team in NFL history.* Big Blue is better to root for!

Alex Smith.* They did rule the 80's and 90's and pretty good in the
                      team my whole life.

Tampa Bay- Even with the super bowl in 2005 or whatever, this team is usually awful...Giants franchise is infinitely better.[/quote]I don't agree with the OP but if I weren't at work, I would break down why I think your analysis sucks. You're missing a few teams too.

Comment

[quote user="MikeV"]Twenty years of mediocrity before Parcel's came along...what did owners and GM do? Ran him out of town...

Under TC same o same o...with exception of one Superbowl that I credit to Spag's defense.

Today, headed to our fourth year second half collapse under TC.

Clean house from Reece down....find ownership that really takes action to create sustained excellence and sell the team

Fans deserve more than we've gotten for the past 40 years!!!![/quote]

Just curious. How old are you?

Comment

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]

[/quote]

As much as I hate the Cowboys I don't think you can really say this. They were great in the 70s, bad in the late 80s, dominant in the 90s, and mostly competitive in the 2000s. The Giants had much more prolonged periods of awfulness.

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="MikeV"]Twenty years of mediocrity before Parcel's came along...what did owners and GM do? Ran him out of town...[/quote]

Uh, no.

Parcells tried to quit after the 1986 Super Bowl but the Giants wouldn't let him out of his contract.

In 1990 he told people before the Super Bowl he was going to quit.* Before the actual game.* But he watched as all his assistants (including Belichick and Coughlin) left for other jobs, and quit on the Giants.* AFTER rookie mini-camp, which left them with literally nobody to coach, and that's how Ray Handley got the job.

Of course he screwed New England too.* And then the Jets.* And then the Cowboys.* And then the Dolphins.

[/quote]

He was never the Giants choice in the first place. He replaced Perkins when he quite. I think Parcel won 2 or 3 games his first year! Almost got canned!
                            Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

[quote user="bigjeep"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="MikeV"]Twenty years of mediocrity before Parcel's came along...what did owners and GM do? Ran him out of town...[/quote]

Uh, no.

In 1990 he told people before the Super Bowl he was going to quit. Before the actual game. But he watched as all his assistants (including Belichick and Coughlin) left for other jobs, and quit on the Giants. AFTER rookie mini-camp, which left them with literally nobody to coach, and that's how Ray Handley got the job.

Of course he screwed New England too. And then the Jets. And then the Cowboys. And then the Dolphins.

[/quote] He was never the Giants choice in the first place. He replaced Perkins when he quite. I think Parcel won 2 or 3 games his first year! Almost got canned![/quote]

"Mr. Mike V, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY

In all seriousness this may be the most unsubstantial, idiotic, semi-psychotic, inaccurate statement I've ever read......

Comment

Working...
                              X