X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]I have a 3 part question:
    What year did Lawrence Taylor hold out during training camp signing just 4 days before the start of the regular season?
    LT played in the first game that year who was the opponent?
    How many sacks did LT have that game?

[/quote]

ok........this is all off the top of my head so........

Im almost positive that hold out was in 1990....

.....pretty sure they played the Eagles at home....

.....Ill say 2 sacks......
    [/quote]
    2 out of 3 nice job......the # of sacks is wrong
    [/quote]

maybe 3 sacks?

.........who caught Elis' first completion last season?
    [/quote]

I'll say Kevin Boss.....just guessing

When Simms went down in 1990 another QB [not a Giant] went down the same day. It looked like he was done for the year at the time but he came back in the postseason. Anyone remember who it was?

[/quote]
    I thought Simms got hurt in a game at San Fran, so I would have guessed Montana. I'm anxious to see who it was, although I'd guess an AFC HOFer would have to be Kelly

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]I have a 3 part question:
      What year did Lawrence Taylor hold out during training camp signing just 4 days before the start of the regular season?

[/quote]

[/quote]
      [/quote]

maybe 3 sacks?

[/quote]

When Simms went down in 1990 another QB [not a Giant] went down the same day. It looked like he was done for the year at the time but he came back in the postseason. Anyone remember who it was?

[/quote]

didnt Harbaugh go down?
      [/quote]
      I thought Jim Kelley got hurt in the regular season game vs us. I may be wrong though I remember the field being icy.
      [/quote]

Yea it was Kelly against us if memory serves correct. He came backlater in the season [obviously] but as we all know Simms was done for the year

How many TEs did we start out using on offensein the SB 25 game against the Bills?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
        [/quote]

maybe 3 sacks?

[/quote]

[/quote]

didnt Harbaugh go down?
        [/quote]
        I thought Jim Kelley got hurt in the regular season game vs us. I may be wrong though I remember the field being icy.
        [/quote]

Yea it was Kelly against us if memory serves correct. He came back*later in the season [obviously] but as we all know Simms was done for the year

How many TEs did we start out using on offense*in the SB 25 game against the Bills?*

[/quote]
        we had 3 TE's... Bavaro, Cross, and Mrosko. I'll say we started with 2 TE's at the start of the game... BUT, I smell a trick question and the answer could likely be zero... truth is (although I was at that game), I can't remember.

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
          [/quote]

maybe 3 sacks?

[/quote]

[/quote]

didnt Harbaugh go down?
          [/quote]
          [/quote]

Yea it was Kelly against us if memory serves correct. He came backlater in the season [obviously] but as we all know Simms was done for the year

How many TEs did we start out using on offensein the SB 25 game against the Bills?

[/quote]

we came out with 3 TE to clear a path for OJ......

Comment

I was with my son, standing at the goal line at the first row of seats, on the right side of the posts. As the ball passed the posts I couldn't tell if it was wide, or good. I looked out on to the firld and saw the Giants jumping up and down and knew it was NG. What a great feeling.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]I was with my son, standing at the goal line at the first row of seats, on the right side of the posts. As the ball passed the posts I couldn't tell if it was wide, or good. I looked out on to the firld and saw the Giants jumping up and down and knew it was NG. What a great feeling.[/quote]

wow Zim.....you were there?

thats awesome....!!!!!

I have been to lots of games......playoffs and regular season......

never been to a Superbowl though........that must have been unreal

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]I was with my son, standing at the goal line at the first row of seats, on the right side of the posts. As the ball passed the posts I couldn't tell if it was wide, or good. I looked out on to the firld and saw the Giants jumping up and down and knew it was NG. What a great feeling.[/quote]

thats awesome....!!!!!

[/quote]
                The Giants have had 4 Super Bowl appearances and we have had Season tickets since the 50s yet we never won the "lottery" for the chance to buy Super Bowl tickets. Maybe next time?

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]I was with my son, standing at the goal line at the first row of seats, on the right side of the posts. As the ball passed the posts I couldn't tell if it was wide, or good. I looked out on to the firld and saw the Giants jumping up and down and knew it was NG. What a great feeling.[/quote]

thats awesome....!!!!!

[/quote]
                  The Giants have had 4 Super Bowl appearances and we have had Season tickets since the 50s yet we never won the "lottery" for the chance to buy Super Bowl tickets. Maybe next time?
                  [/quote]
                  We were eligible for tix in '86-'87, but couldn't get to Pasadena. My nephew livesd in Tampa for '90-'91 so we drove down there and stayed with him. It was great. Desert Storm at the time, so there was heavy security checks at the gates. Whitney Houston sang the Star Spangled banner and the feeling of patriotism in the stadium was unreal. We sat about 30 rows up at the goal line, 2 rows in front of Len Berman. I couldn't understand why he had such crummy seats. When Buffalo was driving for the winning FG we walked down to the bottom and stood by the wall at field level. My heary was sinking as Norwood made the kick. What a relief... wide right, and we were right there.
                  We didn't win the lottery for the Ravens or Patriots, so watched it on the tube, which was OK. At least I got to one.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]I was with my son, standing at the goal line at the first row of seats, on the right side of the posts. As the ball passed the posts I couldn't tell if it was wide, or good. I looked out on to the firld and saw the Giants jumping up and down and knew it was NG. What a great feeling.[/quote]

thats awesome....!!!!!

[/quote]
                    [/quote]
                    We were eligible for tix in '86-'87, but couldn't get to Pasadena. My nephew livesd in Tampa for '90-'91 so we drove down there and stayed with him. It was great. Desert Storm at the time, so there was heavy security checks at the gates. Whitney Houston sang the Star Spangled banner and the feeling of patriotism in the stadium was unreal. We sat about 30 rows up at the goal line, 2 rows in front of Len Berman. I couldn't understand why he had such crummy seats. When Buffalo was driving for the winning FG we walked down to the bottom and stood by the wall at field level. My heary was sinking as Norwood made the kick. What a relief... wide right, and we were right there.
                    We didn't win the lottery for the Ravens or Patriots, so watched it on the tube, which was OK. At least I got to one.[/quote]
                    It's good to know that real fans actually get a chance to go to a Super Bowl. What a great time you must have had. Nobody that sits around me has ever gotten the chance to go just like me. BTW I sit in sec 117. Like I said maybe next time.

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]I was with my son, standing at the goal line at the first row of seats, on the right side of the posts. As the ball passed the posts I couldn't tell if it was wide, or good. I looked out on to the firld and saw the Giants jumping up and down and knew it was NG. What a great feeling.[/quote]

thats awesome....!!!!!

[/quote]
                      [/quote]
                      We didn't win the lottery for the Ravens or Patriots, so watched it on the tube, which was OK. At least I got to one.[/quote]
                      It's good to know that real fans actually get a chance to go to a Super Bowl. What a great time you must have had. Nobody that sits around me has ever gotten the chance to go just like me. BTW I sit in sec 117. Like I said maybe next time.
                      [/quote]

we are in 124 not far from you...

on that Superbowl run we were beat by the Bills......

......in that game who had more yards Simms and Hostetler combined or Rodney Hampton?

....and who scored the only Giant TD in that game?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]I was with my son, standing at the goal line at the first row of seats, on the right side of the posts. As the ball passed the posts I couldn't tell if it was wide, or good. I looked out on to the firld and saw the Giants jumping up and down and knew it was NG. What a great feeling.[/quote]

thats awesome....!!!!!

[/quote]
                        [/quote]
                        [/quote]

we are in 124 not far from you...

on that Superbowl run we were beat by the Bills......

......in that game who had more yards Simms and Hostetler combined or Rodney Hampton?

....and who scored the only Giant TD in that game?
                        [/quote]
                        Just going by the conditions of the day, I'd have to say Rodney had more yards. I remember it being rainy/icy and QBs were dropping like flies. That said I have to go with Rodney getting the TD.

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]I was with my son, standing at the goal line at the first row of seats, on the right side of the posts. As the ball passed the posts I couldn't tell if it was wide, or good. I looked out on to the firld and saw the Giants jumping up and down and knew it was NG. What a great feeling.[/quote]

thats awesome....!!!!!

[/quote]
                          [/quote]
                          [/quote]
                          We are section 111/112... 2 seat at the 36 and 37 yard lines, Giants side, 19 rows up. If we were 5 rows higher up we'd be under the mezzanine and get some cover when it rains. We are trying to get seats in the new Loge area in the new stadium. It's a neat looking place when you look at the view from the virtual set-up. We qualify for the primo seats but there's I figure that, with our seniority, we might actually get near the 50 yard lines... no way we were going to spend $20,000 for a seat.

Comment

I've never wonthe SB ticketlottery either. I was lucky enough to get to Phoenix for SB 42. It was a miracle howwe got the tickets @ face value. Found out we got them on the Monday before the SB but my wife had already made all the travel plans after I guaranteed her we would beat Green bay in the NFC championship game. For me ,SB 42 was the culmination of a dream

Who was the holder for Norwood on wide right?

Z

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

I've never wonthe SB ticketlottery either. I was lucky enough to get to Phoenix for SB 42. It was a miracle howwe got the tickets @ face value. Found out we got them on the Monday before the SB but my wife had already made all the travel plans after I guaranteed her we would beat Green bay in the NFC championship game. For me ,SB 42 was the culmination of a dream

Z

[/quote]

Im almost positive it was Frank Reich holding for the infamous wide right.....

Zimmy could tell you first hand.......

in that Bills game Simms and Hostetler combined for 165 yds
                              and Hampton had 105 yds....so they didnt have much more than him.....

the only TD was scored by OJ

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]

Z

[/quote]

Im almost positive it was Frank Reich holding for the infamous wide right.....

Zimmy could tell you first hand.......

in that Bills game Simms and Hostetler combined for 165 yds
                                and Hampton had 105 yds....so they didnt have much more than him.....

the only TD was scored by OJ
                                [/quote]
                                Wow I was way off base on that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X