This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
    Sorry but you are .He was a mistake made by Ray Handly which was quickly corrected when Handly was fired and Simms was reinstated as the correct starter.
    Yea in 93 when Dan reeves took over, he made Simms the starter. Handly was there in 91 and 92.

Comment

Sorry but you are .He was a mistake made by Ray Handly which was quickly corrected when Handly was fired and Simms was reinstated as the correct starter.
      Ok my memory must be shot...Handly was there for 2 yrs...I can not believe we put up with him that long.
      "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Ok my memory must be shot...Handly was there for 2 yrs...I can not believe we put up with him that long.
        How bout it lol. I'm 36 and I have to say Giants fans my age are pretty spoiled. We had to put up with a few bad seasons in the 90's and that's it

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
          How bout it lol. I'm 36 and I have to say Giants fans my age are pretty spoiled. We had to put up with a few bad seasons in the 90's and that's it
          You would have loved the 70s lol...we were the laughing stock of foot ball
          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

Comment

Played With Simms his rookie year and hostettler his second and third.
            And those were the seasons he was at his best, a threat in multiple facets, highest yards per carry and had all of his over 40 yard runs. When he had more talent he was a more productive back. When he was the only threat he was easier to control with the 9 man fronts he faced. With Reeves it seemed every 1st and 10 had everyone but the CBs in the box and they CBs were playing 7 yards off the line. They still couldn't and didn't pass and Hampton still got 3 yards. Hamton would have put up better numbers and may have played longer if he had more talent around him. Still wouldn't have made him better enough to be in the Hall or be better than Barber IMO. But I sure did love watching him play.

Comment

• What college did leonard Marshall go to ?

Comment

What college did leonard Marshall go to ?
                LSU? not sure really

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  LSU? not sure really
                  Yup good work. Greg Jackson went there as well.

Comment

• Ok worse draft pick. Thomas Lewis or Derek Brown ?

Comment

Ok worse draft pick. Thomas Lewis or Derek Brown ?
                      That is tough. As a draft pick Lewis was worse because at the time it was seen by everyone as a bad pick. Young even said that he was drafted instead of several other better WRs at that spot because he was the best blocker. I think the priorities at the time for WR was a bit out of whack. Derek Brown on the other hand was the worse player of the two, but he was widely considered the #1 TE in that draft and well worth his draft position. Who knew he was softer than a down comforter.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        That is tough. As a draft pick Lewis was worse because at the time it was seen by everyone as a bad pick. Young even said that he was drafted instead of several other better WRs at that spot because he was the best blocker. I think the priorities at the time for WR was a bit out of whack. Derek Brown on the other hand was the worse player of the two, but he was widely considered the #1 TE in that draft and well worth his draft position. Who knew he was softer than a down comforter.
                        Haha oh god ! They actually said that? Because he was a better blocking wide receiver. Yea you make a great point about Brown. He was from notre Dame and a can't miss pick. I think we all balked at Lewis from the start.

Comment

Haha oh god ! They actually said that? Because he was a better blocking wide receiver. Yea you make a great point about Brown. He was from notre Dame and a can't miss pick. I think we all balked at Lewis from the start.
                          On the one hand you have limburger, and on the other a skunk.
                          They both stunk.
                          On the next level is John Hicks, No. 1 pick 1974, OT, All American and runner-up in Heisman vote, out of Ohio State.
                          He lasted 4 years with us, but he was a revolving door at tackle and couldn't block his mother... totally useless, but on the next level from Brown and Lewis because he at least suited up and played for 4 years.

Comment

• Lets not rule out Jarrod Bunch!

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                              On the one hand you have limburger, and on the other a skunk.
                              They both stunk.
                              On the next level is John Hicks, No. 1 pick 1974, OT, All American and runner-up in Heisman vote, out of Ohio State.
                              He lasted 4 years with us, but he was a revolving door at tackle and couldn't block his mother... totally useless, but on the next level from Brown and Lewis because he at least suited up and played for 4 years.
                              Yes I've heard of him but didn't have to watch him fortunately. How have you been Zim? Still in the Jim Thorpe area?

Comment

Yes I've heard of him but didn't have to watch him fortunately. How have you been Zim? Still in the Jim Thorpe area?
                                Yes... still, and until I die, evidently...
                                Jim Thorpe gets more crowded every year, but I love it. They keep putting it on those lists where people need to "visit these nice, unknown little towns." Plus lists for outdoor adventures, Fall Foliage destination, etc.
                                So, now, should I just call you "Fin" LOL. I zinged you just a minute ago in Thee. All in fun. They are a tough audience. , but mostly fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X