Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 times the Giants Team record for most interceptions in a single game for a defensive player has been set or tied. Name the 4 players that hold this record?

1 Jimmy Patton
    2 Terry Kinard
    Last edited by TEM; 08-14-2017, 07:50 PM.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
      got it.
      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post
        6 times the Giants Team record for most interceptions in a single game for a defensive player has been set or tied. Name the 4 players that hold this record?
        I would have guessed that no one has ever intercepted 6 passes for the Giants in a single game. But since you started this, I'll put Jimmy Patton and Emlen Tunnell out there as two possible candidates for such a feat. (I won't included Elvis Patterson )
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post

I would have guessed that no one has ever intercepted 6 passes for the Giants in a single game. But since you started this, I'll put Jimmy Patton and Emlen Tunnell out there as two possible candidates for such a feat. (I won't included Elvis Patterson )
          Got 1

Originally posted by TEM View Post
          6 times the Giants Team record for most interceptions in a single game for a defensive player has been set or tied. Name the 4 players that hold this record?

1 Jimmy Patton

Comment

Got 1
            Percy Ellsworth and Antrelle Role
            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince69 View Post

Percy Ellsworth and Antrelle Role
              Wrong on both. Hint: The last one to do it was in the 80s

Comment

• The Giants played 1973 and 1974 home games at Yale Bowl in New Haven, CT. They only won ONE home game there during those 2 seasons.

What team did they beat?

Comment

1 Jimmy Patton
                  Terry Kinard did it

Comment

• Originally posted by scoostraw View Post
                    The Giants played 1973 and 1974 home games at Yale Bowl in New Haven, CT. They only won ONE home game there during those 2 seasons.

What team did they beat?
                    Ugh... what a time it was. They won 2 games in each season. I went to every one of those home games at the bowl. Depressing>
                    I think they won 2 games at home in '73, but one was at Yankee Stadium. They beat the Cards at Yale and I think they beat an AFC team in the very first home game,at Yankee stadium because the people were so happy to start the season with a W after an excellent preseason. We were all optimistic, and then it fell apart.

Comment

1 Jimmy Patton
                      Maybe Willie Williams? He had one great season of INT's.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                        They beat the Cards at Yale and I think they beat an AFC team in the very first home game,at Yankee stadium because the people were so happy to start the season with a W after an excellent preseason. We were all optimistic, and then it fell apart.
                        Correct. The Cardinals.

And bonus points too. They beat the Houston Oilers in week 1 at Yankee Stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Terry Kinard did it
                          Nice Jen.

Comment

1 Jimmy Patton
                            2 Terry Kinard

Jmike got the second

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Maybe Willie Williams? He had one great season of INT's.
                              Willie did have a great season but does not hold the single game INT total.

Comment

1 Jimmy Patton
                                2 Terry Kinard
                                That's quite an accomplishment for Patton considering they passed much less in his time.

Comment

Working...
                                X