This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

I was with you on that Zim but they have such a high pick with an aging quarterback. You almost have to take a quarterback. Especially in a draft that is considered to be “deep” at that position. You make a great point about the oline. If that doesn’t get fixed they could have Gale Sayers and it wouldn’t mean much.
    Yes... unless they trade down they can't waste a #2 on anything but one of those QB's... unless the next LT is available... he was our last #2 pick in '81.

Comment

• What giants player led the team in receptions for the season the most during the 90’s? This player led the giants in receptions 4 different seasons in the 90’s.

Comment

What giants player led the team in receptions for the season the most during the 90’s? This player led the giants in receptions 4 different seasons in the 90’s.
        It has to be Calloway.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

It has to be Calloway.
          Yup good work Zim. Was never high on Calloway. He was average at best. We had some bad WR’s in the mid 90’s that’s for sure.
          Last edited by R2Z2; 02-09-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Who were the two Giant receivers who both had over 1000 yards receiving in the same year?

Comment

Who were the two Giant receivers who both had over 1000 yards receiving in the same year?
              Cruz and Nicks

I think Hilliard and Toomer did it once as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Cruz and Nicks

I think Hilliard and Toomer did it once as well.
                Yup. Cruz and nicks. Hillard never had a 1000 yard season.

Comment

• In 1986 LT was the MVP of the NFL. The second defensive player to win this award. Who was the first?

Comment

Yup. Cruz and nicks. Hillard never had a 1000 yard season.
                    I think they were close to it one year, idk, but I seem to recall a season when they both had really great years and either both got 1000 or came close to doing it.

Comment

I think they were close to it one year, idk, but I seem to recall a season when they both had really great years and either both got 1000 or came close to doing it.
                      I have to check but it was probably 2000. I think Ike had like 800 something and Toomer had over 1000. Come to think of it, I know there was a thread about who our best receiver ever was, how is it not Toomer? Production wise, big game wise, was apart of two super bowl appearances. I know OBj is the most talented but he isn’t even close to Toomer imo. One playoff appearance and laid an egg in that game. Playoffs matter, and winning matters.

Comment

Just checked. You were right, In 1999 Toomer had over 1000 and Ike had 996. For a lousy season overall, the giants had some passing yards that year.

Comment

Just checked. You were right, In 1999 Toomer had over 1000 and Ike had 996. For a lousy season overall, the giants had some passing yards that year.
                          4 stinking yards short

Comment

• This running back who played most of his career with the oilers, rushed for 1,000 yards and averaged over 4 yards a carry in his first season as a giant. Who is he ?

Comment

This running back who played most of his career with the oilers, rushed for 1,000 yards and averaged over 4 yards a carry in his first season as a giant. Who is he ?
                              Brown...forget his first name....ummmm...Gary!

Comment

Brown...forget his first name....ummmm...Gary!
                                Yup good work!! Was hoping I could trick some people into thinking it was Rob Carpenter. Hence the the Oilers reference in the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X