This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

Yea that was the Monday night regular season game I think. That was the game where joe Morris ran for close to 200.
    I stayed home so I could watch both games on the TV. The Giant scoreboards always kept right on the Met games if they were in the playoffs, and you could hear the Giant fans roar whenever the Mets scored... you knew, because they roared when nothing was happening in the Skins game.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      yeah... those were great seats... high enough that you got a great look at both formations.
      I lived in Naugatuck, CT from 68 to 75, so went to every Yale Bowl game... moved to NJ in '75... just in time for '76 Meadowlands. I never went to a game at Yankee stadium or Shea.
      I saw one game in Shea and It wasn't eh Giants. My junior year in high school my Dad got a package deal of Jet games 4 tickets for three games he gave then out at work .I saw the Jets play Baltimore in the fall of 72,it was a great game between Johnny U. and Broadway Joe...a sling fest! The seats were so far up I could see the tread marks on the jets taking off and flying over.

Comment

I stayed home so I could watch both games on the TV. The Giant scoreboards always kept right on the Met games if they were in the playoffs, and you could hear the Giant fans roar whenever the Mets scored... you knew, because they roared when nothing was happening in the Skins game.
        Yup ,I was at that game all so, people had their portable TV's at the game and were watching both games...pretty neat.

Comment

• This former first round pick by the Giants was sentenced to 6 years back in 2017 for running a $35 million dollar Ponzi scheme that involved giving loans to professional athletes. Who is he ?

Comment

This former first round pick by the Giants was sentenced to 6 years back in 2017 for running a $35 million dollar Ponzi scheme that involved giving loans to professional athletes. Who is he ?
            Mark Ingram?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Mark Ingram?
              No

Comment

This former first round pick by the Giants was sentenced to 6 years back in 2017 for running a $35 million dollar Ponzi scheme that involved giving loans to professional athletes. Who is he ?
                Will Allen.
                Couldnít catch an interception if his life depended on it.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

• Originally posted by ny06 View Post

Will Allen.
                  Yup Good work ny06. And yes both he and Will Peterson were the ****s.

Comment

Yup Good work ny06. And yes both he and Will Peterson were the ****s.
                    they both played CB because they couldn't catch a cold as a WR. So many potential INT's... dropped.... hands of stone.

Comment

they both played CB because they couldn't catch a cold as a WR. So many potential INT's... dropped.... hands of stone.
                      Yes! I thought they were both awful. I didnít realize Allan was a first round pick. Giants have been below average at best when taking corners with their first pick over the past 20 years or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by ny06 View Post

Will Allen.
                        Thatís a cool sig pic

Comment

• A4805102-7F5B-43E0-86E3-BBF30DF5F898.jpeg Whoís this super bowl winning giants quarterback?

Comment

A4805102-7F5B-43E0-86E3-BBF30DF5F898.jpeg Whoís this super bowl winning giants quarterback?
                            That's an obscure one.
                            Jim Del Gaizo... QB on Miami Dolphins in their 1972 season. On the roster but don't know if he even played that year. Griese and Earl Morrel were the main QB's. Then he played for a cup of coffee on the Giants a few years later, before the Meadowlands opened.

Comment

• It's Matt Cavenaugh. Hosteteler's back-up in 1990 after Simms went down. I don't recall if they got another 3rd string QB that season when Cavennaugh became #2. Former Eagles back-up.

Comment

That's an obscure one.
                                Jim Del Gaizo... QB on Miami Dolphins in their 1972 season. On the roster but don't know if he even played that year. Griese and Earl Morrel were the main QB's. Then he played for a cup of coffee on the Giants a few years later, before the Meadowlands opened.
                                Nope. Good try though. Itís actually Matt Cavanaugh. He played a few snaps when hoss got hurt in the 90 nfc championship game. He was also the offensive coordinator for the skins a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X