Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DID YOU KNOW??

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

    Yea that was the Monday night regular season game I think. That was the game where joe Morris ran for close to 200.
    I stayed home so I could watch both games on the TV. The Giant scoreboards always kept right on the Met games if they were in the playoffs, and you could hear the Giant fans roar whenever the Mets scored... you knew, because they roared when nothing was happening in the Skins game.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      yeah... those were great seats... high enough that you got a great look at both formations.
      I lived in Naugatuck, CT from 68 to 75, so went to every Yale Bowl game... moved to NJ in '75... just in time for '76 Meadowlands. I never went to a game at Yankee stadium or Shea.
      I saw one game in Shea and It wasn't eh Giants. My junior year in high school my Dad got a package deal of Jet games 4 tickets for three games he gave then out at work .I saw the Jets play Baltimore in the fall of 72,it was a great game between Johnny U. and Broadway Joe...a sling fest! The seats were so far up I could see the tread marks on the jets taking off and flying over.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by zimonami View Post

        I stayed home so I could watch both games on the TV. The Giant scoreboards always kept right on the Met games if they were in the playoffs, and you could hear the Giant fans roar whenever the Mets scored... you knew, because they roared when nothing was happening in the Skins game.
        Yup ,I was at that game all so, people had their portable TV's at the game and were watching both games...pretty neat.

        Comment


        • This former first round pick by the Giants was sentenced to 6 years back in 2017 for running a $35 million dollar Ponzi scheme that involved giving loans to professional athletes. Who is he ?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post
            This former first round pick by the Giants was sentenced to 6 years back in 2017 for running a $35 million dollar Ponzi scheme that involved giving loans to professional athletes. Who is he ?
            Mark Ingram?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jmike View Post

              Mark Ingram?
              No

              Comment


              • Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post
                This former first round pick by the Giants was sentenced to 6 years back in 2017 for running a $35 million dollar Ponzi scheme that involved giving loans to professional athletes. Who is he ?
                Will Allen.
                Couldnít catch an interception if his life depended on it.

                Giants fan since the early 80s

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ny06 View Post

                  Will Allen.
                  Couldnít catch an interception if his life depended on it.
                  Yup Good work ny06. And yes both he and Will Peterson were the ****s.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

                    Yup Good work ny06. And yes both he and Will Peterson were the ****s.
                    they both played CB because they couldn't catch a cold as a WR. So many potential INT's... dropped.... hands of stone.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by zimonami View Post

                      they both played CB because they couldn't catch a cold as a WR. So many potential INT's... dropped.... hands of stone.
                      Yes! I thought they were both awful. I didnít realize Allan was a first round pick. Giants have been below average at best when taking corners with their first pick over the past 20 years or so.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ny06 View Post

                        Will Allen.
                        Couldnít catch an interception if his life depended on it.
                        Thatís a cool sig pic

                        Comment


                        • A4805102-7F5B-43E0-86E3-BBF30DF5F898.jpeg Whoís this super bowl winning giants quarterback?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post
                            A4805102-7F5B-43E0-86E3-BBF30DF5F898.jpeg Whoís this super bowl winning giants quarterback?
                            That's an obscure one.
                            Jim Del Gaizo... QB on Miami Dolphins in their 1972 season. On the roster but don't know if he even played that year. Griese and Earl Morrel were the main QB's. Then he played for a cup of coffee on the Giants a few years later, before the Meadowlands opened.

                            Comment


                            • It's Matt Cavenaugh. Hosteteler's back-up in 1990 after Simms went down. I don't recall if they got another 3rd string QB that season when Cavennaugh became #2. Former Eagles back-up.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by zimonami View Post

                                That's an obscure one.
                                Jim Del Gaizo... QB on Miami Dolphins in their 1972 season. On the roster but don't know if he even played that year. Griese and Earl Morrel were the main QB's. Then he played for a cup of coffee on the Giants a few years later, before the Meadowlands opened.
                                Nope. Good try though. Itís actually Matt Cavanaugh. He played a few snaps when hoss got hurt in the 90 nfc championship game. He was also the offensive coordinator for the skins a few years ago.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X