X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]the game continues.......

can you name the "Baby Bulls" ????
    [/quote]

I'm going to have to say the new draft picks, Tucker and Ernie Koy... 1965... although they had Chuck Mercein (Yale!!), Steve Thurlow, and Ernie Wheelwright at RB that same year.

[/quote]
    nice
    [/quote]

What was the name of a certain type of pass YA used to throw when he was with the 49ers?

[/quote]
    the alley oop?

Comment

Wobbly duck???

Comment

i didnt know that

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

I'm going to have to say the new draft picks, Tucker and Ernie Koy... 1965... although they had Chuck Mercein (Yale!!), Steve Thurlow, and Ernie Wheelwright at RB that same year.

[/quote]
          nice
          [/quote]

What was the name of a certain type of pass YA used to throw when he was with the 49ers?

[/quote]
          the alley oop?
          [/quote]

Yup. I can't remember the WRs name that was the one who caught them. Can you?

Amazing that YAs 7 touchdown game was the first game for both of us as young kids

I have his autographed picture hanging in my office

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
            nice
            [/quote]

[/quote]
            the alley oop?
            [/quote]

Amazing that YAs 7 touchdown game was the first game for both of us as young kids

[/quote]
            I believe it was R.C. Ownes.
            could be wrong though.

you were at the redskins game?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
              nice
              [/quote]

[/quote]
              the alley oop?
              [/quote]

[/quote]
              could be wrong though.

[/quote]

R C Owens seem like the right name

Yeah , I was there. First Giant game my father ever took me too. I was 7 seven years old. My dad got season tickets the following year. 1963

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                nice
                [/quote]

[/quote]

the alley oop?
                [/quote]

[/quote]
                could be wrong though.

[/quote]

Yeah , I was there. First Giant game my father ever took me too. I was 7 seven years old. My dad got season tickets the following year. 1963

[/quote]
                how funny is that...?
                both of our first games was that amazing game and here we are 47 years later talking about it.
                do you remember much of the game?

...game continues....
                how many winning seasons did the Giants have between 1964-1978?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                  nice
                  [/quote]

[/quote]

the alley oop?
                  [/quote]

[/quote]
                  could be wrong though.

[/quote]

[/quote]
                  how funny is that...?
                  both of our first games was that amazing game and here we are 47 years later talking about it.

...game continues....
                  [/quote]

I didn't realize the significance of what I was seeing till tears later. My most vivid memory was my Dad taking me down on the field after the game. Also we attended the preseason luncheon prior to the 63 season. One of the greatest thrills of my young life at the time.Back then you could go right up to the players and talk tothem. I was in AWE.

I'm gonna say we had 3 winning seasons from 64 till 78

What team was Erich Barnes traded to?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                    nice
                    [/quote]

[/quote]

the alley oop?
                    [/quote]

[/quote]
                    could be wrong though.

[/quote]

[/quote]
                    how funny is that...?

...game continues....
                    [/quote]

I didn't realize the significance of what I was seeing till tears later. My most vivid memory was my Dad taking me down on the field after the game. Also we attended the preseason luncheon prior to the 63 season. One of the greatest thrills of my young life at the time.Back then you could go right up to the players and talk tothem. I was in AWE.

[/quote]
                    he went to the browns and I was pissed cus I hated the browns at the time.

2 winning season....sad times.

where did Phil King go after the Giants?
                    I was pissed about this to.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                      nice
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

the alley oop?
                      [/quote]

[/quote]
                      could be wrong though.

[/quote]

[/quote]
                      how funny is that...?

...game continues....
                      [/quote]

[/quote]
                      he went to the browns and I was pissed cus I hated the browns at the time.

2 winning season....sad times.

where did Phil King go after the Giants?
                      I was pissed about this to.

[/quote]

Phil King , I have'nt thought about his namein years No.24?

I think he went to Philly but not positive

Whodid we recieve in the Sam Huff trade to Washington?

Comment

King went to Pittsburgh
                        i hated them back then to.
                        ..not so much anymore.

I know we got 2 players for Huff.
                        RB **** James and a D lineman whos name escapes me.
                        what doesn't escape me is that **** James did close to nothing.
                        never forgave Allie Sherman for his moves in the mid to late 60s.

Who did we get for **** "Mo" Modzelewski?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]King went to Pittsburgh
                          ..not so much anymore.

[/quote]

We got WR Bobby Crespino who played 4-5 yrs with us as a 3rd or 4th receiver... he never did much. Mo was a fan favorite and they were pissed, along with the players, at Sherman as he decimated our D. My aunt, who socialized with several of the offensive line, said the team hated Sherman. He was an X and O guy who Mara was impressed with, so we let Lombardi and Landry go. That might be one of the fans biggest gripes over the years with Mara... they loved him but they were pissed at him giving Sherman the job.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]King went to Pittsburgh
                            ..not so much anymore.

[/quote]

We got WR Bobby Crespino who played 4-5 yrs with us as a 3rd or 4th receiver... he never did much. Mo was a fan favorite and they were pissed, along with the players, at Sherman as he decimated our D. My aunt, who socialized with several of the offensive line, said the team hated Sherman. He was an X and O guy who Mara was impressed with, so we let Lombardi and Landry go. That might be one of the fans biggest gripes over the years with Mara... they loved him but they were pissed at him giving Sherman the job.

[/quote]
                            Mo has a great quote in the book "the Glory Game". Frank Giffords book. (which is an amazing book by the way)

"The Giants are where my heart has always been. I wish someone had this picture of a moment I'll never forget. A moment that says it all about the giants: I'm playing with the Browns, against the Redskin, and Sam and I are walking off the field together, and both of us are looking up at the scoreboard to see how the Giants did that day. Not because we wanted them to lose. Because we wanted them to win."

Mo and Huff both got the call that they were traded at the same place but at different times.
                            what place was that?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="Harooni"]did you know that YA tittie once threw for 500 yards in one game in an era it was ok to rip his head off?
                              [/quote]

yup
                              that was the first Giant game I ever attended.
                              Yankee Stadium Oct. 28 1962.
                              he also threw 7 touchdowns that day.
                              he was also injured that day and started the game terribly.

could have thrown 10 but they kept the ball on the ground.
                              [/quote]

my god that must have been amazing. I believe its an Nfl record. and for the time period its really amazing. today the rules are more pass freindly and still qb's here struggle to throw 200 yards per game.
                              [/quote]

I was 9 and it changed my life to this very day
                              [/quote]

Wow! same age. same year becoming a Giant fan!Lost to the Pack in Championship game! Lost the next year to Billy Wade and the Bears. BBS62!

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can't figure out the Mo/Huff question. Mo was drafted by the Redskins and Huff was traded to the Redskins. Mo ended up at Cleveland and retired there,and Huff retired a Redskin.... so, I can't figure out the answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X