This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobby Finstock View Post

Yes I've heard of him but didn't have to watch him fortunately. How have you been Zim? Still in the Jim Thorpe area?
    Yes... still, and until I die, evidently...
    Jim Thorpe gets more crowded every year, but I love it. They keep putting it on those lists where people need to "visit these nice, unknown little towns." Plus lists for outdoor adventures, Fall Foliage destination, etc.
    So, now, should I just call you "Fin" LOL. I zinged you just a minute ago in Thee. All in fun. They are a tough audience. , but mostly fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      Yes... still, and until I die, evidently...
      Jim Thorpe gets more crowded every year, but I love it. They keep putting it on those lists where people need to "visit these nice, unknown little towns." Plus lists for outdoor adventures, Fall Foliage destination, etc.
      So, now, should I just call you "Fin" LOL. I zinged you just a minute ago in Thee. All in fun. They are a tough audience. , but mostly fun.

It's all good Zim. i can take it as good as I give it. I love that area. The fall festival there is my favorite

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
        It's all good Zim. i can take it as good as I give it. I love that area. The fall festival there is my favorite
        You've mentioned it... If you come this year let me know and we'll get together for a pop.

Comment

• I played DT/NT at 6'1" and around 260lbs. I won a SB with the Giants and another one elsewhere (don't want to give too much info).
          Who am I?

Bonus question, where did I go to college?
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
            I played DT/NT at 6'1" and around 260lbs. I won a SB with the Giants and another one elsewhere (don't want to give too much info).
            Who am I?

Bonus question, where did I go to college?
            Mr. Jim Burt. U Of Miami... Also a SB ring with the hated 49ers. It was tough to see him in that uni.
            One of the fan favorites

Comment

Mr. Jim Burt. U Of Miami... Also a SB ring with the hated 49ers. It was tough to see him in that uni.
              One of the fan favorites
              You covered all the bases Zim. I actually got started on this question trying to remember where he went to school. When I saw Miami, I said duh. What I didn't have clear recollection of was the SB in San Fran. I remember him going there but not the ring.

Comment

You covered all the bases Zim. I actually got started on this question trying to remember where he went to school. When I saw Miami, I said duh. What I didn't have clear recollection of was the SB in San Fran. I remember him going there but not the ring.
                The pics of him holding his son on his shoulders, walking over to the stands to talk to the fans after the Washington 17-0 win at Giant Stadium is also a fan favorite memory. He was one of our guys that gave his all for us. His hit on Montana in the earlier '86 game is a classic memory.
                Name another Giant of that time who had a classic crunch on Montana? Only problem is I can't remember which playoff year/game it was in. Burt's hit was in the '86 playoffs

Comment

The pics of him holding his son on his shoulders, walking over to the stands to talk to the fans after the Washington 17-0 win at Giant Stadium is also a fan favorite memory. He was one of our guys that gave his all for us. His hit on Montana in the earlier '86 game is a classic memory.
                  Name another Giant of that time who had a classic crunch on Montana? Only problem is I can't remember which playoff year/game it was in. Burt's hit was in the '86 playoffs
                  Those are all classic memories. Don't forget that we didn't give up on Burt. The team thought it was time for him to retire, due to the pounding (head??) he had taken. Jim chose to play for SF because we didn't even make an offer. We are a different type of organization that way (and obviously better imo)

Comment

Those are all classic memories. Don't forget that we didn't give up on Burt. The team thought it was time for him to retire, due to the pounding (head??) he had taken. Jim chose to play for SF because we didn't even make an offer. We are a different type of organization that way (and obviously better imo)
                    Sam thing on Bavaro. It was hard to see him in green, UGH. Regurge.
                    The Giant organization was right on both counts, although Burt had his biggest game as a 9er against us, and what many thought was a cheap shot on Simms. Guys always think they have one more year in the engine.
                    Last edited by zimonami; Yesterday, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X