This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="rocky325"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

Oh, and what was the most excellent result from the Giants losing that game to the Jets?

Wellington Finally fired Allie Sherman right after they lost... that's how*important everyone considered that game to be.

[/quote] the day Allie was fired = one of the best days in Giants history... and we saw how long it took to undo what he did.... he was a miracle[/quote] I'll agree with you about Allie, however the Mara family feud was ther real undoing. They would have fixed the damage Allie did a lot earlier if it weren't for the brothers' conflicts. had they not had the feud they might have agreed to a GM to run the football operations long before they finally hired George Young. he's the one who finally turned the corner and brought us back. Hiring Parcells and drafting LT were the real miracles[/quote]

yeah, rocky, we've discussed this on here before.* The brothers allowed Allie free reign because they were too busy fighting with each other*and he ruined the team, starting in 1964.

Rozelle finally interceded in '79 and recommended we get a GM... George.* 'TY Pete.

[/quote]

With an 150 page thread it's hard at times to tell what's been discussed before..lol

Comment

[quote user="rocky325"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="rocky325"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

Oh, and what was the most excellent result from the Giants losing that game to the Jets?

Wellington Finally fired Allie Sherman right after they lost... that's howimportant everyone considered that game to be.

[/quote] the day Allie was fired = one of the best days in Giants history... and we saw how long it took to undo what he did.... he was a miracle[/quote] I'll agree with you about Allie, however the Mara family feud was ther real undoing. They would have fixed the damage Allie did a lot earlier if it weren't for the brothers' conflicts. had they not had the feud they might have agreed to a GM to run the football operations long before they finally hired George Young. he's the one who finally turned the corner and brought us back. Hiring Parcells and drafting LT were the real miracles[/quote]

yeah, rocky, we've discussed this on here before. The brothers allowed Allie free reign because they were too busy fighting with each otherand he ruined the team, starting in 1964.

Rozelle finally interceded in '79 and recommended we get a GM... George. 'TY Pete.

[/quote] With an 150 page thread it's hard at times to tell what's been discussed before..lol[/quote]

Hey, rocky... no sweat. I know you haven't been on to this thread until recently. Your points are worth repeating in any case, and we appreciate your input. Like I said before, your questions and input have brought a new vitality to this thread, asking questions we hadn't thought of before. TY

Comment

Rocky - was I right about our other Rocky? I remember all the hoopla about him, and the doubts NYers had about the pick. I was at the Yale Bowl when he ran back his first kickoff, his first Pro touch,for a TD, in a preseason game at the Yale Bowl. The crowd went wild, and prayed he would be the real deal. Unfortunately, as you know, he wasn't the savior. I always thought he was just a little too small for the toll of the big bodies he had to play against.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="rocky325"]hey guys....what NY Giant Number one draft pick was not born in the USA?[/quote]

Rocky Thompson... the Bermuda Flash?

[/quote]

He's the one brother. And Bermuda was his nation of birth.

Comment

[quote user="rocky325"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="rocky325"]hey guys....what NY Giant Number one draft pick was not born in the USA?[/quote]

[/quote]

He's the one brother. And Bermuda was his nation of birth.[/quote]

He's probably working the Jet Ski concession at the beach at the Bermuda Princess......lol

Comment

[quote user="rocky325"][quote user="rocky325"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote] He's the one brother. And Bermuda was his nation of birth.[/quote] He's probably working the Jet Ski concession at the beach at the Bermuda Princess......lol[/quote]

hahaha.. Went to Bermuda in '82 with my wife... our 15th anniversary, and had dinneron the baxk veranda ofthe Princess.

Funny story... on the way to the Princess you pass Marley's Beach/Cove. Our reservationist called there and asked if she could get accomodations for Mr. Zimmermann... me. They said SURE. We got a fantastic private home, 150' up on a cliff. It was the same home featured in The Deep with Nick Nolte and Jacqueline Bissett. The metal elevator constructed on the cliff for that movie was still there when we went. Anyways, we are at the front desk, checking in and i say, "Reservations for Zimmermann," The reservationist turns white (lol) and says, "You are not Mr. Zimmermann". I say, yes I am... here's my ID.

The owners of that home lived in Washington DC, and allowed it to be used ONLY by their closest friends. A Mr. Zimmermann was their best friend and used the home several times a year. When my reservationist said, Mr. Z, they just assumed it was the Washington DC friend.

They had to let us use it, of course, and it was fabulous.

Comment

Oh, and it was $77.00 per night. LOL... a bargain even in '82. The rate was a special courtesy rate for the owner's friends

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]Oh, and it was $77.00 per night. LOL... a bargain even in '82. The rate was a special courtesy rate for the owner's friends[/quote]

Zim

thats amazing!!!!!

life throws some sweet curve balls now and then huh......

what a great memory to have.....

Comment

Hey, YA... how ya doing?

Just needed to bump this before it got buried on page 3 or 4. New threads are hot these days.

If you didn't see this link on Ruegamer that I posted before, take a look - amazing

Before you read it, I'll turn it into an interesting question...

What did Grey Ruegamer use his teeth for, on a job on a farm?

http://www.seattlepi.com/football/409086_moore07.html

If he gets cut, I wouldn't mind seeing us get him back for needed depth.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

Hey, YA... how ya doing?

Just needed to bump this before it got buried on page 3 or 4. New threads are hot these days.

If you didn't see this link on Ruegamer that I posted before, take a look - amazing

Before you read it, I'll turn it into an interesting question...

What did Grey Ruegamer use his teeth for, on a job on a farm?

http://www.seattlepi.com/football/409086_moore07.html

If he gets cut, I wouldn't mind seeing us get him back for needed depth.

[/quote]

can this be true Zim..?
                      castrating lambs with his teeth?

is this for real...or is it like the Chuck Norris stuff?....hahahahaha

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]can this be true Zim..? castrating lambs with his teeth? is this for real...or is it like the Chuck Norris stuff?....hahahahaha[/quote]

hahahaha ... I guess it's true. Seems to be a serious piece. It's definitely not something I could do.

Do you think Ruegamer is better than some others we're counting on for depth on this squad? He always did a solid job in the past.

Can he snap on PK's and XP's?... I don't remember. Just know DeOssie on punts and Alford on PK's and XP's, and now Alford is out. Koets? DeOssie. FG's by Tynes are tense enough without worrying about the snap.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]can this be true Zim..? castrating lambs with his teeth? is this for real...or is it like the Chuck Norris stuff?....hahahahaha[/quote]

hahahaha ... I guess it's true. Seems to be a serious piece.* It's definitely not something I could do.

Do you think Ruegamer is better than some others we're counting on for depth on this squad? *He always did a solid job in the past.

Can he snap on PK's and XP's?... I don't remember. Just know DeOssie on punts and Alford on PK's and XP's, and now Alford is out. Koets? DeOssie.* FG's by Tynes are tense enough without worrying about the snap.

[/quote]

I thing Ruegamer was a solid back up....but starting to wear down.....

he is a guard but can play all over the line....

pretty sure he played some center in Green Bay...

that makes him pretty valuable.....

I think the backups we have will be ok....except the rookie Beaty...

he is a little light......been getting thrown around so far...

he will get better.

im really looking forward this weeks game to see if this O line can provide some time for the passers....

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"] I thing Ruegamer was a solid back up....but starting to wear down..... he is a guard but can play all over the line.... pretty sure he played some center in Green Bay... that makes him pretty valuable..... I think the backups we have will be ok....except the rookie Beaty... he is a little light......been getting thrown around so far... he will get better. im really looking forward this weeks game to see if this O line can provide some time for the passers....[/quote]

Beatty is 6'6" and 307. I see them working with him to develop his upper and lower body strength and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at 320-325 next year.

Ruegamer's 33, and just released by Seattle... so, you must be right about him wearing down.

Comment

toward the end of the 86 season......

what nickname did Parcells give his Offensive Line?

it had to do with the lack of rushing yards they would allow in a certain game.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]toward the end of the 86 season...... what nickname did Parcells give his Offensive Line? it had to do with the lack of rushing yards they would allow in a certain game.[/quote]

This one's gonna kill me, YA. I remember it.... but, I don't remember it... it's on the tip of my atrophying brain.The Suburbanites... the last piece we needed to be a SuperBowl team. But, I remember Parcell's gave them this other name to rankle them and jab a stick up their butts for motivation. Unfortunately, the only thing in my brain right now is, "The five pansies." lol

Don't post the answer right away. It's going to be in my mind all day, and maybe one of the other guys can remember in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                                X