X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="patsrule666"]

Offense, i got no clue...

If it was defense, i would of guessed Robustelli...

[/quote]
    My main man # 33 Mel Triplett
    he was like the Brandon Jacobs of those days.
    you guys would have loved him.
    [/quote]

Does Bob Timberlake ring a bell as the kicker [and maybe QB] who repaced Don Chandler?

Was Triplett that big? To young to remember?[]

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="patsrule666"]

[/quote]
      [/quote]

Does Bob Timberlake ring a bell as the kicker [and maybe QB] who repaced Don Chandler?

[/quote]
      triplet wasnt as big but was bruising like BJ

Timberlake replaced chandler for a season then Gogolak right?
      the first soccer style kicker.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="patsrule666"]

[/quote]
        [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't believe Gogolak came till about 67 so there might be 1 or 2 others whom I can't recall.That was great when we got Pete Gogolak during the NFL-AFL bidding wars

Gogolak had a brother who was akicker. What was his name and who did he play for?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="patsrule666"]

[/quote]
          [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't believe Gogolak came till about 67 so there might be 1 or 2 others whom I can't recall.That was great when we got Pete Gogolak during the NFL-AFL bidding wars

Gogolak had a brother who was akicker. What was his name and who did he play for?

[/quote]
          don't remember his first name but I do remember he was on the Redskins when his brother was kicking for us

Comment

I for the life of me cannot remember this kids name.
            it was Websters first year coaching
            69 I believe.
            pretty good receiver who wore #85
            caught a bunch of balls that year and was a great compliment to Homer.

you remember his name?

I'm surprised i remember any of this stuff after all the Dead shows in the 70s hahahahaha

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]I for the life of me cannot remember this kids name.
              69 I believe.

you remember his name?

I'm surprised i remember any of this stuff after all the Dead shows in the 70s hahahahaha
              [/quote]

YA - I know it's on the tip of your tongue... Don Herrmann

Also... Charlie Gogolak... the first PK ever chosen in the first round,, by the Redskins.

Pete came to us in '66. Charlie was 2 years younger than Pete.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]I for the life of me cannot remember this kids name.
                69 I believe.

you remember his name?

[/quote]

YA - I know it's on the tip of your tongue... Don Herrmann

Also... Charlie Gogolak... the first PK ever chosen in the first round,, by the Redskins.

Pete came to us in '66. Charlie was 2 years younger than Pete.

[/quote]

thats him!!!!!
                I liked that kid.

I can always count on you to pull some crucial info out...hahaha

Comment

Yeah, the fans liked him, too. He was with us 5-6 years and was solid. He was one of those late round picks. It was amazing when there were 20 picks by each team. You just never knew who was gonna pop up and make the team.

Comment

YA or anyone I posted this Q in another thread should have posted here anyway. Ihavean early memory of Tittle all I remember was that he took a beating in the gameand had a bloodyface about all I remember . I tryed research the famouspic of him with blood on his face but could not find a date of when the pic was taken. Any way I am 56 I been watching the giantsas long ascan remember. Just wonderwhat you know of the pic or the game. thanks

byron

Comment

[quote user="byron"]

YA or anyone I posted this Q in another thread should have posted here anyway. Ihavean early memory of Tittle all I remember was that he took a beating in the gameand had a bloodyface about all I remember . I tryed research the famouspic of him with blood on his face but could not find a date of when the pic was taken. Any way I am 56 I been watching the giantsas long ascan remember. Just wonderwhat you know of the pic or the game. thanks

byron

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that was '64... Tittle's last year, in a home game against Pittsburgh. We were crushed, and Tittle was crushed. Those were the days when someone could hit the QB long after he released the ball. Tittle was being brutalized the whole game... picking himself up and barely making it back to the huddle, or to the sidelines. He'd wipe off the blood andslowly trotback in for another series. I don't think he finished the game... I think Gary Woods came in for him. It was sad to see... the old, balding warrior with more guts than you'll ever find.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="byron"]

byron

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that was '64... Tittle's last year, in a home game against Pittsburgh. We were crushed, and Tittle was crushed. Those were the days when someone could hit the QB long after he released the ball. Tittle was being brutalized the whole game... picking himself up and barely making it back to the huddle, or to the sidelines. He'd wipe off the blood andslowly trotback in for another series. I don't think he finished the game... I think Gary Woods came in for him. It was sad to see... the old, balding warrior with more guts than you'll ever find.

[/quote]
                        the man speaks the truth
                        John Baker Pittsburgh D end came in and blind sided ole Y.A.
                        that pretty much ended his career.

Y.A. Tittle was my absolute favorite Giant and always will be.
                        He was what excited me about football.
                        he had very few bad games.
                        the Giants didn't have much Defense at times
                        but Tittle always put up the points and was great to watch.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="byron"]

byron

[/quote]

[/quote]
                          the man speaks the truth

[/quote]

TY for the John Baker info, YA. I couldn't remember his name, but I'll never forget the brutal hit. I was 18 then, and screaming my asp off for someone on the Giants to get even. That was a bad, sad day, and a bad, sad year... started the slide that we'll never forget, and every year I hated Allie more and more for ruining our once proud franchise.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="byron"]

byron

[/quote]

[/quote]
                            the man speaks the truth

[/quote]

TY for the John Baker info, YA. I couldn't remember his name, but I'll never forget the brutal hit. I was 18 then, and screaming my asp off for someone on the Giants to get even. That was a bad, sad day, and a bad, sad year... started the slide that we'll never forget, and every year I hated Allie more and more for ruining our once proud franchise.

[/quote]
                            I was probably 13 and remember it well.
                            my life revolved around the Giants at the time.
                            I remember hating Gray Wood because the news papers were saying he was going to take Tittles job.
                            I didn't know at the time that it was Allie trading away the players and running the team into the ground.
                            I soon learned and also learned to hate him.

what corner back did the Giants get from the Redskins for a 4th round draft pick in 1959?

another on of my absolute favorites.

Comment

I've replied to this 2X and it hasn't posted.

Mr. **** Lynch... our great Color man until last year, may he R.I.P. He was the reason so many fans in the stands were glued to their radios.

Who played in the D Backfield with him, and later became a head coach?

I hate to say it, but sometimes I think Allie decimated our team on purpose... because the players and fans disliked him so much... kinda like, "I'll show you"

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="byron"]

byron

[/quote]

[/quote]
                                the man speaks the truth

[/quote]

[/quote] Thanks a lot guys I was 13 at the time and through it was pretty muchput end of his career. It was sad they put the camera on him at some point in the game and it has stuck with me all these years. Another one is the gifford hit and injury its all i remember of the game and being very sad when it happened. Lot of bad years for sure I remember having hope when Ray Perkins took over , and then he left after one or two years not sure, but i remember being pissed about it.Through the years there were somegreat players i think my favorite was Homer Jones in those day the deep pass was called the bomb. Anywayguys thanksfor helping an old guyremember, ya know as bad as the giants were back then I still loved watching them as I do today. These are good times for sure.

byron nice thread

Comment

Working...
                                X