X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="zimonami"]

I must be blind... and dumb. I swear I looked carefully at the 1970 schedule yesterday and only saw (1) Washington game. Then I counted to make sure... yep, 14 games, but only one Wash. I just went back there now and immediately saw (2) Washington games.... duh!!! I don't know, I'm 62 and I guess I'm losing my cookies.

Yeah, I love to see those names, like Files, Lurtsema, and it's like "Yeah, I remember that guy." After you brought up the "no look" center and it had to be Weitecha because I knew Hein and Larson played longer than 10 years, I looked up Hein to see exactly how many years... 15. Next I'm going to see if we ever had a player for more than 15 years. Do you know the record for most years with the Gmen? If not, I'll let you know.

You would have loved my aunt Jean who started our season tix in '43 (might have been '41 or '42, but she's dead now, so I can't ask her)... she was a walking encycolpedia of Giant players and facts and used to tell me all about the players of the 40's and 50's that I didn't see. She was the one who told me that this Giant was known as "Offense on Defense"... who was it? Prob an easy one for you.

[/quote]

I think the longest in Giant Uniform are

Mel Hein
    Phil Simms
    Joe Morrison
    & Toomer I believe

your Aunt Sounds like an awesome woman.

Offense on Defense huh?
    thats one I never heard.

wild guess would be ......... Em Tunnell?

Comment

Yeah, Emlen. Had 79 Int's in 14 seasons. Such a great athlete dying at 50

Hein and Simms - 15 yrs; Morrison - 14 yrs; Amani - 13 yrs.

The aunt was thru marriage. She took me to my first game in '68, preseason game at Yale... she didn't drive, so I became her chauffer from then on. Just luck into it.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

The aunt was thru marriage. She took me to my first game in '68, preseason game at Yale... she didn't drive, so I became her chauffer from then on. Just luck into it.

[/quote]
        your family still hold the tickets?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
          [/quote]

Yes, they have come to my attention, c/o my aunt,since the stadium opened in '76. I lived in NJ then, and am in the Poconos now. Because we can't change that, we can never get tix that have to be picked up at the Box Office, like for a SB. But, we did get the tix for SB 25 in Tampa... she was still alive then. Now, there are no direct relatives left as she never married and had children. We qualified for the Primo seat PSL's, but requested a downgrade to Loge.... if you have looked at the new stadium seating, these seem like nice seats. Now, we are in sec 111/112. row 19

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
            [/quote]

Yes, they have come to my attention, c/o my aunt,since the stadium opened in '76. I lived in NJ then, and am in the Poconos now. Because we can't change that, we can never get tix that have to be picked up at the Box Office, like for a SB. But, we did get the tix for SB 25 in Tampa... she was still alive then. Now, there are no direct relatives left as she never married and had children. We qualified for the Primo seat PSL's, but requested a downgrade to Loge.... if you have looked at the new stadium seating, these seem like nice seats. Now, we are in sec 111/112. row 19

[/quote]

wow those are some beautiful seats.
            you are blessed to have that in your family for so long.
            I envy your situation.

who was the Giants leading rusher in 1977?
            I don't think he was even a starter.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
              [/quote]

[/quote]

wow those are some beautiful seats.
              you are blessed to have that in your family for so long.
              I envy your situation.

who was the Giants leading rusher in 1977?
              I don't think he was even a starter.
              [/quote]

come on!
              someones gotta know this......[]

Comment

We had Czonka, Kotar, and Booby Hammond as our three main rushers for about 3 years in the late 70's. I always loved Kotar, and I'm pretty sure he was our leading rusher one year, so I'll choose Doug Kotar.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]We had Czonka, Kotar, and Booby Hammond as our three main rushers for about 3 years in the late 70's. I always loved Kotar, and I'm pretty sure he was our leading rusher one year, so I'll choose Doug Kotar.[/quote]

yeah it was Hammond.
                  that jumped out at me while i was looking through old stats.
                  found it a little odd considering the other 2 in the backfield

Comment

How quickly we forget!! Checking out some stuff I realized that Mr. Michael Strahan ties Hein and Simms with 15 years.

Joe Morris was a rookie in '82, and was not the starting RB until '85.

Butch Woolfolk led the team in rushing in '82 and '83. Who led the team rushing in '84?

Comment

What was Joe Morris's early year problems that the Giants finally figured out ?

Comment

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]What was Joe Morris's early year problems that the Giants finally figured out ?[/quote]

If I'm wrong this will sound crazy, but I think I remember something about his vision being poor.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

How quickly we forget!! Checking out some stuff I realized that Mr. Michael Strahan ties Hein and Simms with 15 years.

Butch Woolfolk led the team in rushing in '82 and '83. Who led the team rushing in '84?

[/quote]
                          it was the fullback right?
                          his name escapes me.
                          I'd have to look that up.
                          and thats cheating[:P]

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]What was Joe Morris's early year problems that the Giants finally figured out ?[/quote]

If I'm wrong this will sound crazy, but I think I remember something about his vision being poor.

[/quote]
                            I think you are right.
                            I remember vision problems

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

wow
                              how could we forget Stra?

thats pretty funny

Comment

what rookie 2nd round pick in 1999 led the team in rushing with 348 yds?

Comment

Working...
                                X