This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"]what rookie 2nd round pick in 1999 led the team in rushing with 348 yds?

[/quote]

My first answer was Tiki, but he was 2nd rounder in '97, so I don't remember that one, although 348 for our leader is pathetic.

Rob Carpenter was our leading rusher in '84. I liked him alot, but I always felt that his freak fumble against the Bears in the '86 NFC Championship was the turning point. Turned a big gain and first down at about midfield into Bear's ball. Landeta's whiff didn't help either.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]What was Joe Morris's early year problems that the Giants finally figured out ?[/quote]

If I'm wrong this will sound crazy, but I think I remember something about his vision being poor.

[/quote]

You're right, it was His vision. He needed contact lenses.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]what rookie 2nd round pick in 1999 led the team in rushing with 348 yds?

[/quote]

My first answer was Tiki, but he was 2nd rounder in '97, so I don't remember that one, although 348 for our leader is pathetic.

Rob Carpenter was our leading rusher in '84. I liked him alot, but I always felt that his freak fumble against the Bears in the '86 NFC Championship was the turning point. Turned a big gain and first down at about midfield into Bear's ball. Landeta's whiff didn't help either.

[/quote]

it was Joe Montgomery
        with his whopping 348 yds in 1999.
        to his credit there was a committee of backs who touched the ball that season.
        Tiki Barber
        Sean Bennett
        Gary Brown
        LeShon Johnson
        even Charles Way

those were 2 very costly turnovers in the game.
        we did get a good whipping that day though.
        a couple of scores wouldn't have hurt though.

who was the Giants leading receiver in that Bears playoff game?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

it was Joe Montgomery
          Tiki Barber
          Sean Bennett
          Gary Brown
          LeShon Johnson
          even Charles Way

[/quote]

We had Manuel, McConkey, Johnson and Bavaro... but, the weather was cold and windy, so I'm going to say Carpenter out of the backfield

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

it was Joe Montgomery
            Tiki Barber
            Sean Bennett
            Gary Brown
            LeShon Johnson
            even Charles Way

[/quote]

We had Manuel, McConkey, Johnson and Bavaro... but, the weather was cold and windy, so I'm going to say Carpenter out of the backfield

[/quote]

I had to ask this question because when I saw the stat I found it very odd.
            it was George Adams - 3rec for 65yds

Comment

Which year was it, that the Giants helmet looked like the Michigan Wolverines ? I dunno, just asking.

Comment

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]Which year was it, that the Giants helmet looked like the Michigan Wolverines ? I dunno, just asking.[/quote]

that was 34-36 I think.
                white with blue shield?

I never liked the 76 helmets.
                just didn't work for me.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"]Which year was it, that the Giants helmet looked like the Michigan Wolverines ? I dunno, just asking.[/quote]

that was 34-36 I think.
                  white with blue shield?

just didn't work for me.
                  [/quote]

Thanks. You're so right about the 76 helmet, the whole uni for that matter.

A little fun trivia note....

When Vince Lombardi became coach in Green-Bay. He informed the players that their would be one thing during contract negotiations, that He would not tolerate. Well it seems the Packers had an All-Pro Center ( Wingo I think ). He dared. When a sports agent came in to represent the player, He was told to wait. Twenty minutes later He was sent in to the GM/Coach. The Coach said " You're in the wrong city, I just traded Him to The Eagles ".

Comment

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"]Which year was it, that the Giants helmet looked like the Michigan Wolverines ? I dunno, just asking.[/quote]

that was 34-36 I think.
                    white with blue shield?

just didn't work for me.
                    [/quote]

Thanks. You're so right about the 76 helmet, the whole uni for that matter.

A little fun trivia note....

When Vince Lombardi became coach in Green-Bay. He informed the players that their would be one thing during contract negotiations, that He would not tolerate. Well it seems the Packers had an All-Pro Center ( Wingo I think ). He dared. When a sports agent came in to represent the player, He was told to wait. Twenty minutes later He was sent in to the GM/Coach. The Coach said " You're in the wrong city, I just traded Him to The Eagles ".

[/quote]

yup thats right.
                    during that 20 min Vince was on the phone with the Eagles saying "you still want this guy?...you got him"
                    haha

Comment

who led the team in Int. in 1975?
                      Spider Lockhart
                      Bobby Brooks
                      or
                      Brad Van Pelt

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]who led the team in Int. in 1975?
                        Spider Lockhart
                        Bobby Brooks
                        or
                        Brad Van Pelt
                        [/quote]

lol... this grabs me as one of those trick questions. Spideror Brooks at CB would be the obvious answer, but I remember that Van Pelt mad a decent number of Int's in his career, so I'm going with Brad.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]who led the team in Int. in 1975?
                          Spider Lockhart
                          Bobby Brooks
                          or
                          Brad Van Pelt
                          [/quote]

I'm guessing it's Spider.

PS - Great thread you got here. [Y]

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="YATittle1962"]who led the team in Int. in 1975?
                            Spider Lockhart
                            Bobby Brooks
                            or
                            Brad Van Pelt
                            [/quote]

I'm guessing it's Spider.

PS - Great thread you got here. [Y]
                            [/quote]

it was Bobby Brooks.
                            haha I had to put him between two known interceptors.

whos got a good question?

Comment

Strahan was drafted in '93.

Did he start that year?

In '94 and '95, what position did he start at?

Comment

Out of the two Rays, which one had the better win percentage as Head Coach of the Giants; Perkins or Handley?

Comment

Working...
                                X