This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

In his first 4 seasons, '65-'68, and in 1970, Ernie Koy played 2 positions... RB and ? What was his ?, otherposition

Bonus question: Who took his starters job in the ? position in '69?

[/quote]

i think he flanked didn't he?
    and our boy Don Herrmann took the spot in 69

lovin these questions.
    keep em comin.
    they are gettin harder...haha
    [/quote]

What years did Norm Snead play for us?

[/quote]

Ill never forget 72 or 73
    I was excited to get Snead.
    he just wasn't surrounded by much and he was no Tarkenton.
    I think he was a little outta gas.
    [/quote]

I had to google this one. [is that against the rules of the thread?].The questions are getting harder. It said 72 , 73, 74 & 76?. Don't remember what happened in 75 unless thtas just wrong info. He had the one great year in 72 I beieve , might have led the league in passing

Name the other goodrunning back on the 86 team besides Morris and Cauthon?

[/quote]

no rules brother.
    if you can pull it from your memory banks...awesome
    if you have to look it up...no worries.

as far as the RB you mean OJ Anderson?
    [/quote]

Remember Lee Rouson , very good backup to Little Joe Morris. He [Rouson]had his moments

In our 86 Beat down of the 49ers [49-3] Simms completed just 9 passes , how many went for TDs?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

In his first 4 seasons, '65-'68, and in 1970, Ernie Koy played 2 positions... RB and ? What was his ?, otherposition

Bonus question: Who took his starters job in the ? position in '69?

[/quote]

i think he flanked didn't he?
      and our boy Don Herrmann took the spot in 69

lovin these questions.
      keep em comin.
      they are gettin harder...haha
      [/quote]

What years did Norm Snead play for us?

[/quote]

Ill never forget 72 or 73
      I was excited to get Snead.
      he just wasn't surrounded by much and he was no Tarkenton.
      I think he was a little outta gas.
      [/quote]

I had to google this one. [is that against the rules of the thread?].The questions are getting harder. It said 72 , 73, 74 & 76?. Don't remember what happened in 75 unless thtas just wrong info. He had the one great year in 72 I beieve , might have led the league in passing

Name the other goodrunning back on the 86 team besides Morris and Cauthon?

[/quote]

no rules brother.
      if you can pull it from your memory banks...awesome
      if you have to look it up...no worries.

as far as the RB you mean OJ Anderson?
      [/quote]

Remember Lee Rouson , very good backup to Little Joe Morris. He [Rouson]had his moments

In our 86 Beat down of the 49ers [49-3] Simms completed just 9 passes , how many went for TDs?

[/quote]
      the only reason I know this is because i have studied every second of this game as i have most Giant playoff games and every championship game and Superbowl.

he threw 4 TDs Mowatt, McConkey, Johnson, and Bavaro.
      little Joe ran a long one and a short one
      and LT ran back a pick

......how sweet it is

Comment

Sorry... just got back

Ernie Koy, drafted as RB same year ('65) as Tucker... Ernie did double duty as our punter in '65-'68, and also '70

Curly Johnson was our punter in '69

Comment

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]What dopey antic, was Michael Strahan imitating when He broke His foot. And had to sit out the season?[/quote]

I'll guess the same crazy dance that White shoes Johnson used to do.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="Roosevelt"]Out of the two Rays, which one had the better win percentage as Head Coach of the Giants; Perkins or Handley?
            [/quote]

Had to be Handley... he inherited a good team.

Perkins inherited the bad '78 team and had 3 losing seasons out of 4. I don't know the %, but it would have to favor Handley... and, one of Perkins years was the strike shortened year ('82?)

NO more Handley questions, Please... bad memories after a glorious SB win. Do we blame Parcells for abandoning us, or Handley for coaching a good team into chaos.

[/quote]

Right.

The unmentionable: .438
            Perkins: .404

Do you remember what place we finished in the 82 season?
            [/quote]

if I remember correctly we finished 4th in the division in 82 just above the eagles.
            [/quote]

I don't know where we finished, but I do know we were 4-5 in the strike shortened, crummy season.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]What dopey antic, was Michael Strahan imitating when He broke His foot. And had to sit out the season?[/quote]

I'll guess the same crazy dance that White shoes Johnson used to do.

[/quote]

My second guess will be the Ickey Shuffle (ala, Ickey Woods)

Comment

when was the last time (before this last season) that the Giants offense and defense was ranked in the top 10 in yards & points

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]when was the last time (before this last season) that the Giants offense and defense was ranked in the top 10 in yards & points
                  [/quote]

The previous Super Bowl year... 2000.

If not then, then the 1990 season.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]when was the last time (before this last season) that the Giants offense and defense was ranked in the top 10 in yards & points
                    [/quote]

The previous Super Bowl year... 2000.

If not then, then the 1990 season.

[/quote]
                    it was actually 1986 believe it or not

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"]What dopey antic, was Michael Strahan imitating when He broke His foot. And had to sit out the season?[/quote]

now I can pull some crazy Giants knowledge out of my head at times.
                      it stems from a lifetime of reading everything ever printed by and about the team.
                      injury reports, box scores, stats, books, old newspapers on microfiche at the library.
                      (I dont think anyone under 30 even knows what microfiche is)
                      and I have no Idea what Stra was imitating when he broke his foot.
                      I thought it was at practice when a teammate stepped on his foot.
                      please let me know.
                      you have stumped the Schwab!!!
                      hahahaha
                      [/quote]

Supposedly He was trying to come up with a signature move, after a play ( Possibly a Sack ). He was trying to immitate a Golfer driving off the Tee.

Comment

who was the 13th pick in round 1 of the 1969 draft?
                        he made immediate impact.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]who was the 13th pick in round 1 of the 1969 draft?
                          he made immediate impact.
                          [/quote]

1969 - FREDDY DRYER, DE, NYG (13 yrs. - 3 NY, 9 LA)

???

Comment

1) How much did team founder Tim Mara purchase the New York Giants for in 1925?

Choose Your Answer: A: $500, B: $1,000, C: $5,000, D:$10,000

Comment

[quote user="smoovej15"]

1) How much did team founder Tim Mara purchase the New York Giants for in 1925?

Choose Your Answer: A: $500, B: $1,000, C: $5,000, D:$10,000

[/quote]
                              legend has it , it was $500
                              but I have heard some pretty close sources say that was a bit of an exaggeration.
                              in Frank Giffords book "the glory game" he to says he believes it was more like $5000

Comment

Eli is one of how many Quarterbacks to throw a Superbowl winning touchdown?
                                ...and who were they?

Comment

Working...
                                X