This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"]Eli is one of how many Quarterbacks to throw a Superbowl winning touchdown?
    ...and who were they?
    [/quote]

Eli, Roethsligberger last year, and Montana against Cinci in '89.

But, there were surely some thrownthat werethe deciding TD score in other games that ended in a rout, so the winning pass was overlooked

Comment

In the 1962 Championship game against the Packers [Loss 16-7] , who scored the lone touchdown for the Giants? This is a tough one

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

In the 1962 Championship game against the Packers [Loss 16-7] , who scored the lone touchdown for the Giants? This is a tough one

[/quote]
        as I have said before I only know this because I have studied every play of these games do to my obsession with the Giants.....haha

it was on a Jim Collier fumble recovery.

great one though.
        don't think I would have got that if I hadn't watched that one quite recently.

we should have won in 63 !
        we were the better team.

anyone remember a few of the main reasons we lost that game?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]
          as I have said before I only know this because I have studied every play of these games do to my obsession with the Giants.....haha

great one though.

we were the better team.

[/quote]

YA!!!! You told us everything but WHO scored on the fumble... Who was it?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

great one though.

we were the better team.

[/quote]

The main reason was Tittle getting crushed a few times on his knee. He didn't have his legs under him and threw several INT's.

Comment

Ernie Wheelwright

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

great one though.

we were the better team.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was Collier who recovered the ball on the goal line after Erich Barnes blocked a punt.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

great one though.

we were the better team.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was Collier who recovered the ball on the goal line after Erich Barnes blocked a punt.
                  [/quote]

Thats it and how it happened. Wow , you even got the Erich Barnes block. Hats off to you

In 1972 we beat the Eagles @ Yankee Stadium by the largest point differential in our longrivalary with them. What was the score?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

great one though.

we were the better team.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]\

DUH... here I go again. I read, "On a Collier Fumble". I missed the word, "Recovery." I didn't recognize Collier's name, so I assumed he fumbled it for the Pack.

I tell ya' the brain AND the eyes both must be going. lol

Comment

I was at the game... we beat the Egirls 2X that year. It was 62-10. A pleasure. Let's hope weput a similar whoopin' on them some time soon!

Our first regular season game against the Jets, at Shea. Who won? Score?

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

I was at the game... we beat the Egirls 2X that year. It was 62-10. A pleasure. Let's hope weput a similar whoopin' on them some time soon!

Our first regular season game against the Jets, at Shea. Who won? Score?

[/quote]

that had to be the 1970 game.
                        Giants won that game.
                        the score? thats one I would have to look up.
                        but I do have a memory of Mercein the ex Giant getting tackled for a safety.
                        I felt bad about it I always liked Chuck

Comment

the Giants shut out one team in 1970.
                          who was it?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]the Giants shut out one team in 1970.
                            who was it?
                            [/quote]

I didn't know, so I looked it up. I'll wait for another to show us a great memory... but, I will give one hint. In the Giants 1970, 9-5 season, they were 2-0 against AFC teams. One was the aforementioned 22-10 victory over the Jets. The other was a shutout against this team.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]the Giants shut out one team in 1970.
                              who was it?
                              [/quote]

I didn't know, so I looked it up. I'll wait for another to show us a great memory... but, I will give one hint. In the Giants 1970, 9-5 season, they were 2-0 against AFC teams. One was the aforementioned 22-10 victory over the Jets. The other was a shutout against this team.

[/quote]
                              nice

Comment

who was the starting quarterback the day Giants Stadium opened in Sep. 1976?

Comment

Working...
                                X