• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

who led the team in sacks in 1985?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]who led the team in sacks in 1985?
      [/quote]

I thought this was another trick question, becauseLT would be anyone's immediate answer, and was my answer. But, I knew we had Martin and Marshall coming off the ends and Marshall surely benefited by having LT by his side.

So, I looked it up, and sure enough Marshall was our leader with 15.5 and LT had 13, and Martin had 10. A surprise, but then again, not a surprise.

Good question.

Comment

who led the team in sacks in the dreaded[8o|]Ray Handley[8o|] era?

Comment

I'm going to guess Pepper Johnson.

Comment

What team did Ron Johnson come from, and who did the Giants trade to get him?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]who led the team in sacks in the dreaded[8o|]Ray Handley[8o|] era?
              [/quote]

Ugghh - '91 and '92, the end of the Taylor and Marshall careers. A bad time, but fortuneatley not as long a down time as we had beginning in 1964. I'll guess LT this time, with Marshall 2nd.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]who led the team in sacks in the dreaded[8o|]Ray Handley[8o|] era?
                [/quote]

Ugghh - '91 and '92, the end of the Taylor and Marshall careers. A bad time, but fortuneatley not as long a down time as we had beginning in 1964. I'll guess LT this time, with Marshall 2nd.

[/quote]

was Marshall again with 15.

whos got one?

Comment

Let's get some recent season questions...

Who led the Gmen in INT's in 2008? And, how many?

(P.S. - this is one area where we definitely need to improve... especially with the pass rush pressure we apply - we should have more INT's

Comment

I have a pretty interesting story.

I have worked in the music industry for the past 35 years and I have encountered many interesting people over the years. Musicians, producers, artists, all types.

The most interesting in all my years happened to me 2 nights ago in a meeting in NYC.
                    I met a man who is a record label representative from Nashville.
                    We had a long drawn out meeting where we talked about many things.
                    We got on the subject of football and the NY Giants and he said heres something you might be interested in...

he proceeded to tell me that in the 1970s he was a police officer in Memphis and he was on duty the night they got a call to a local hotel where there had been a shooting.
                    a man in a hotel room had been shot and killed in what looked like an accident while cleaning his gun.
                    he and a few other officers thought to them selves this was no accident.
                    he said that anyone who is a gun owner knows enough to unload a gun before cleaning it.
                    and this deceased man was a known gun owner and hunter and would have never been cleaning a loaded gun , in a hotel room no less.
                    he pushed to have the case investigated further, but in the 70s with no access to forensics like there is today and his higher ups telling him "we got bigger fish to fry" the case quickly got swept under the rug as an accidental shooting.

this man believes to this day that it was a murder.

the deceased was no other than #24 "the Chief" Phil King

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]I have a pretty interesting story.

I have worked in the music industry for the past 35 years and I have encountered many interesting people over the years. Musicians, producers, artists, all types.

The most interesting in all my years happened to me 2 nights ago in a meeting in NYC.
                      We got on the subject of football and the NY Giants and he said heres something you might be interested in...

he proceeded to tell me that in the 1970s he was a police officer in Memphis and he was on duty the night they got a call to a local hotel where there had been a shooting.
                      a man in a hotel room had been shot and killed in what looked like an accident while cleaning his gun.
                      he said that anyone who is a gun owner knows enough to unload a gun before cleaning it.
                      and this deceased man was a known gun owner and hunter and would have never been cleaning a loaded gun , in a hotel room no less.
                      he pushed to have the case investigated further, but in the 70s with no access to forensics like there is today and his higher ups telling him "we got bigger fish to fry" the case quickly got swept under the rug as an accidental shooting.

[/quote]

Jeez , I did'nt even realize thats how he died............Shame , maybe they will reopen the case. Many have been solved in recent years with new technology

Back before players were active or inactive they was a name for a group ofplayers who could be called up immediatly in case of injury or such . What was this group called and were did it nameoriginate?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

Jeez , I did'nt even realize thats how he died............Shame , maybe they will reopen the case. Many have been solved in recent years with new technology

Back before players were active or inactive they was a name for a group ofplayers who could be called up immediatly in case of injury or such . What was this group called and were did it nameoriginate?

[/quote]

Wow... good story about Phil King. I looked him up just last week and didn't see anything about this incident. He was a well liked player in his time

I'll guess Taxi Squad

I'll guess it originated because a taxi was the only way to get them from the train station to Yankee Stadium... either that, or because they got temporary jobs as Taxi drivers...lol

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow... good story about Phil King. I looked him up just last week and didn't see anything about this incident. He was a well liked player in his time

I'll guess Taxi Squad

I'll guess it originated because a taxi was the only way to get them from the train station to Yankee Stadium... either that, or because they got temporary jobs as Taxi drivers...lol

[/quote]

Correct , I believe it was the owner of the Browns who gave the Taxi Squad guys jobs as taxi drivers

Who kicked a 49 yard field goal in the snow@ Yankee Stadium against the browns to get us into the Championship Game [ ?] around 1958?

Comment

Pat Summerall

I thought he and Madden were at their best when they were together on CBS

Comment

How many Giant Jersey numbers are retired?

Can you name the 6 who played from 1960 to the present?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'll guess Taxi Squad

[/quote]

Correct , I believe it was the owner of the Browns who gave the Taxi Squad guys jobs as taxi drivers

Who kicked a 49 yard field goal in the snow@ Yankee Stadium against the browns to get us into the Championship Game [ ?] around 1958?

[/quote]

good ole Pat

"you sonofa***** you know you cant kick it that far!!!"
                                Vince Lombardi

hahahaha I love that story

Comment

Working...
                                X