X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

I woudn't know without looking it up, but would guess between 25-30. Either Johnny U or Sonny Jurgenson would be the only ones I can think of back then who threw more.

What NY Giant player had a higher passing completion average than Fran in that same year?

[/quote]

I'm gonna say 27 and the other QB was Frank Ryan Cleveland?

Just a thought. How about we throw a few questions regarding opposing teams we played and players?

IE: Name the running back who took over after Jim Brown retired?

[/quote]
    he threw 29 that year.
    and Sonny Jurgensen was the only QB to throw more
    [/quote]

Thoughts on bringing in some questions regarding teams and players we played against?

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="zimonami"]

I woudn't know without looking it up, but would guess between 25-30. Either Johnny U or Sonny Jurgenson would be the only ones I can think of back then who threw more.

What NY Giant player had a higher passing completion average than Fran in that same year?

[/quote]

I knew that this player had a higher completion % than Fran in '67 because I noticed it the other day when checking out some stats on him... but, it turns out that there were Three (3) Giants with higher completion % than Fran in '67. Can you name at least 2 of them?

[/quote]

I know Joe Morrison threw one pass and completed it so there is one.
      the other 2 I'll have to guess
      I'll say......Earl Morrall and.............ah........I got nothin

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

Just a thought. How about we throw a few questions regarding opposing teams we played and players?

[/quote]
        he threw 29 that year.
        [/quote]

Thoughts on bringing in some questions regarding teams and players we played against?

[/quote]

Absolutely

was it Kelly that took over for Jimmy Brown?
        that kid was a beast

Comment

How about Ernie Davis?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know that one because I was a big Jim Brown fan... not that I ever wanted us to lose to Cleveland, but he was a star at Manhasset HS on Long Island... they were in our league, just 2 towns away from me... almost always kicked our butts.

Your answer is Leroy Kelley... he did a danged good job filling in for JB.

While at Manhasset HS, JB was also an All-American in another sport that he excelled at. Can you name that sport? Hint... it is a sport that very few High Schools play, back then and still today.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
              he threw 29 that year.
              [/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely

that kid was a beast
              [/quote]

Correct Leroy Kelly great back somewhat overshadowed by the Jim Brown legacy

Name the Cardinals QB from around 63-70 [?]

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                he threw 29 that year.
                [/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely

that kid was a beast
                [/quote]

[/quote]
                are you speaking of Charley Johnson?

good QB I liked Charley

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                  he threw 29 that year.
                  [/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely

that kid was a beast
                  [/quote]

[/quote]

good QB I liked Charley
                  [/quote]

It was Jim Hart wasn't it?

Comment

What St louis Cardnal player of the 60's and 70's was married to an actress from the TV Laugh-In?

Comment

[quote user="yo-ho"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                      he threw 29 that year.
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely

that kid was a beast
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

good QB I liked Charley
                      [/quote]

It was Jim Hart wasn't it?

[/quote]

they kind of bounced between starting Hart and Johnson
                      Johnson was more of a starter for most of the years you mentioned

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

I knew that this player had a higher completion % than Fran in '67 because I noticed it the other day when checking out some stats on him... but, it turns out that there were Three (3) Giants with higher completion % than Fran in '67. Can you name at least 2 of them?

[/quote]

I know Joe Morrison threw one pass and completed it so there is one.
                        the other 2 I'll have to guess
                        I'll say......Earl Morrall and.............ah........I got nothin
                        [/quote]

Ernie Koy... punted, RB, and completed 3 of 4 passes... lol. Morrisson and Morrall were also correct

Comment

[quote user="yo-ho"]What St louis Cardnal player of the 60's and 70's was married to an actress from the TV Laugh-In?[/quote]

I remember Goldie Hawn, Ruth Buzzie, Judie Carnes, JoAnn Worley, and Teresa Graves, but I don't remember any of them being married to a Cardinal's player

Comment

This Heisman Trophy winner played (1) year with the Giants, under Dan Reeves... In '95 he ran the ball 31 times and caught 31 passes, and ran back kick-offs.

I'll make it easier... he was involved in what many consider (including me) to be the worst trade in the history of the NFL. Can you name the teams involved in the trade, and what was given up for this one player

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know that one because I was a big Jim Brown fan... not that I ever wanted us to lose to Cleveland, but he was a star at Manhasset HS on Long Island... they were in our league, just 2 towns away from me... almost always kicked our butts.

Your answer is Leroy Kelley... he did a danged good job filling in for JB.

While at Manhasset HS, JB was also an All-American in another sport that he excelled at. Can you name that sport? Hint... it is a sport that very few High Schools play, back then and still today.

[/quote]

No one answere this, so I'll tell 'ya... He was HS All American in lacrosse.

He also held the Long Island scoring average in Basketball... 38 ppg... until that record was broken by... Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

This Heisman Trophy winner played (1) year with the Giants, under Dan Reeves... In '95 he ran the ball 31 times and caught 31 passes, and ran back kick-offs.

I'll make it easier... he was involved in what many consider (including me) to be the worst trade in the history of the NFL. Can you name the teams involved in the trade, and what was given up for this one player

[/quote]

Just got in and saw this and I think I know.

Hershel Walker...no?
                                I remember he was kinda bouncing around the league

Comment

Working...
                                X