X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

This Heisman Trophy winner played (1) year with the Giants, under Dan Reeves... In '95 he ran the ball 31 times and caught 31 passes, and ran back kick-offs.

I'll make it easier... he was involved in what many consider (including me) to be the worst trade in the history of the NFL. Can you name the teams involved in the trade, and what was given up for this one player

[/quote]

Just got in and saw this and I think I know.

Hershel Walker...no?
    I remember he was kinda bouncing around the league
    [/quote]

Yeah... Herschel. Cowboys traded him to Minny for 5 players and 6 drafy picks... can you imagine?

He went from USFL to Cowboys (drafted him in 5th round when he was still with the Generals), to Minny. to Philly, to Gmen for 1 year and then back to Philly.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

This Heisman Trophy winner played (1) year with the Giants, under Dan Reeves... In '95 he ran the ball 31 times and caught 31 passes, and ran back kick-offs.

I'll make it easier... he was involved in what many consider (including me) to be the worst trade in the history of the NFL. Can you name the teams involved in the trade, and what was given up for this one player

[/quote]

Just got in and saw this and I think I know.

Hershel Walker...no?
      I remember he was kinda bouncing around the league
      [/quote]

Yeah... Herschel. Cowboys traded him to Minny for 5 players and 6 drafy picks... can you imagine?

He went from USFL to Cowboys (drafted him in 5th round when he was still with the Generals), to Minny. to Philly, to Gmen for 1 year and then back to Philly.

[/quote]

I was just reminded of this guy on an old NFL films episode.

who wore # 89 during the '67 season?

Comment

I'm stumped. I remember Fred Dryer had 89, but that was around '69-'70... unusual for a DE.

I'd suspect that it was a WR?. Aaron Twas 88; Homer was 45; Shofner was 85. We had a WR named Bobby Crespino, but I haven't got a clue what his number was.

Where do you see all these old films?

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

I'm stumped. I remember Fred Dryer had 89, but that was around '69-'70... unusual for a DE.

I'd suspect that it was a WR?. Aaron Twas 88; Homer was 45; Shofner was 85. We had a WR named Bobby Crespino, but I haven't got a clue what his number was.

[/quote]
          thats him Bobby Crespino
          out of Mississippi via Cleveland

Comment

Coming to the Giants in 1972 what jersey numbers did Jack Gregory and John Mendenhal wear?
            ...and who wore the soon to be infamous #56 in that season?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]Coming to the Giants in 1972 what jersey numbers did Jack Gregory and John Mendenhal wear?
              ...and who wore the soon to be infamous #56 in that season?
              [/quote]

Mendenhall - 64, and Gregory - 81 are easy, but I can't place a #56.

I loved Mendenhall's motor... never stopped trying

Comment

Ron Johnson, I believe 1973.

Comment

Pat Hughes was #56
                  good LB

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

I have lots of old Giants NFL films on DVD

Comment

After Rosie Grier went to LA Rams, name the other 3 defensive Linemen who made up the Fearsome Foursome with him.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

After Rosie Grier went to LA Rams, name the other 3 defensive Linemen who made up the Fearsome Foursome with him.

[/quote]

one of my favorite defensive lines since Robustelli, Grier, Modzelewki, Katcavage.

they were Lamar Lundy, Rosey Grier, Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones

Comment

what team had the Doomsday Defense?

...and can you name the D line from the Doomsday Defense?

Comment

how many player in this picture can you name?
                            ...and in what famous game was it taken?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]what team had the Doomsday Defense?

...and can you name the D line from the Doomsday Defense?
                              [/quote]

Yeah, Dallas, I hated thejm, because they were good...lol

Jethro Pugh, Ed "Too Tall"Jones, Harvey Martin and Randy White. Of them, I thought White was pretty danged good for a somewhat undersized guy, out of Maryland... reminded me of Mendenhall

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]how many player in this picture can you name?
                                ...and in what famous game was it taken?

[/quote]

Comment

Working...
                                X