This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="YATittle1962"]how many player in this picture can you name?
    ...and in what famous game was it taken?

[/quote][/quote]

Believe it was the '62 championship because it looks like it's on the dirt of Yankee Stadium. The '61 game was at GB.... all grass.

That's Paul Hornung, #5, carrying.

Giants, from the left, are #76- Rosie Grier; #75- Jim Katcavage; #49- Erich Barnes; #31 - Bill Winter; looks like #77 - **** Midjelewski behind Hornung, ready to make the tackle.

I don't know thw Packer players, except for Hornung.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="YATittle1962"]how many player in this picture can you name?
      ...and in what famous game was it taken?

[/quote][/quote]

Believe it was the '62 championship because it looks like it's on the dirt of Yankee Stadium. The '61 game was at GB.... all grass.

That's Paul Hornung, #5, carrying.

Giants, from the left, are #76- Rosie Grier; #75- Jim Katcavage; #49- Erich Barnes; #31 - Bill Winter; looks like #77 - **** Midjelewski behind Hornung, ready to make the tackle.

I don't know thw Packer players, except for Hornung.

[/quote]

you are good my friend......you are good [B]

Comment

On the emerging 1981 Giants who led the team in both interceptions and fumbles recovered?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]On the emerging 1981 Giants who led the team in both interceptions and fumbles recovered?
          [/quote]

We had Terry Jackson and Mark Haynes at CB and Beasley Reese at S... all likely to be INT leaders (I can't remember the other safety now), but less likely to be Fumble recovery leaders. We had Carson, Kelly, Van Pelt and LT at LB... likely to be fumble recovery leaders, but not INT leaders. But, Van Pelt was always a good interceptor, and at Safety Reese could have been in a good position for some fumbles. So, my best guess is Van Pelt or Reese....

I'm gonna say Van Pelt... taking advantage of some fumbles created by LT, and cashing in on some INT's covering TE's or RB's out of the backfield.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]On the emerging 1981 Giants who led the team in both interceptions and fumbles recovered?
            [/quote]

We had Terry Jackson and Mark Haynes at CB and Beasley Reese at S... all likely to be INT leaders (I can't remember the other safety now), but less likely to be Fumble recovery leaders. We had Carson, Kelly, Van Pelt and LT at LB... likely to be fumble recovery leaders, but not INT leaders. But, Van Pelt was always a good interceptor, and at Safety Reese could have been in a good position for some fumbles. So, my best guess is Van Pelt or Reese....

I'm gonna say Van Pelt... taking advantage of some fumbles created by LT, and cashing in on some INT's covering TE's or RB's out of the backfield.

[/quote]

Dang... I just saw that Beasley led us in INT's with 4. Didn't find fumbles recovered, but it had to be Beasley, too. Brad only had 1 INT (Brad did lose a step in his later years)

That year, also, was the last year thatthey didn't track Sacks... too bad for LT's numbers. Would have been nice for someone to go back and figure out how many sacks Deacon Jones would have had, too.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dang... I just saw that Beasley led us in INT's with 4. Didn't find fumbles recovered, but it had to be Beasley, too. Brad only had 1 INT (Brad did lose a step in his later years)

That year, also, was the last year thatthey didn't track Sacks... too bad for LT's numbers. Would have been nice for someone to go back and figure out how many sacks Deacon Jones would have had, too.

[/quote]

yup it was Reese
              4 Int, 5 Fum.rec.

What NYG head coach in the late 1970s earned 7 total wins in his tenure ?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yup it was Reese
                4 Int, 5 Fum.rec.

[/quote]

Bill Arnsparger... whoI thought was as bad as Handley.

Then he was succeeded by John McVay, who I also thought was terrible.

Then Ray Perkins, who I thought did a good job and restored some pride to the players.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yup it was Reese
                  4 Int, 5 Fum.rec.

[/quote]

Bill Arnsparger... whoI thought was as bad as Handley.

Then he was succeeded by John McVay, who I also thought was terrible.

Then Ray Perkins, who I thought did a good job and restored some pride to the players.

[/quote]
                  Perkins was a tough man who aquired a bad team.
                  he was the first coach I felt positively about since Webster and I think I just liked Alex cus he was a player. not sure how great a coach he was.

hey do you know of any site that will tell you who wore what #?
                  I need something like that. cannot fins anything.

Comment

No... I'm with you... I'd also like to know who wore what numbers. I can take a player's name, and remember his number, but I have a harder time the other way around. History link shows you the numbers of the starters, but not subs.

Comment

No... I'm with you... I'd also like to know who wore what numbers. I can take a player's name, and remember his number, but I have a harder time the other way around, Like when you asked me who wore #56 before LT. History link shows you the numbers of the starters, but not subs.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]No... I'm with you... I'd also like to know who wore what numbers. I can take a player's name, and remember his number, but I have a harder time the other way around, Like when you asked me who wore #56 before LT. History link shows you the numbers of the starters, but not subs.[/quote]
                        you have any idea who wore #76 in 1970.

I cant figure it out

Comment

what 3 quarterbacks have the most touchdowns in Giant history?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]No... I'm with you... I'd also like to know who wore what numbers. I can take a player's name, and remember his number, but I have a harder time the other way around, Like when you asked me who wore #56 before LT. History link shows you the numbers of the starters, but not subs.[/quote]

I cant figure it out
                            [/quote]

This was tough... I did a lot of research, with no definitive answer. I can only say that I am pretty confidant it was one of these guys: John Baker, Willie Banks, Pete Case, Charlie Harper, Len Johnson, Jerry Shay, or Willie Young

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]No... I'm with you... I'd also like to know who wore what numbers. I can take a player's name, and remember his number, but I have a harder time the other way around, Like when you asked me who wore #56 before LT. History link shows you the numbers of the starters, but not subs.[/quote]

I cant figure it out
                              [/quote]

This was tough... I did a lot of research, with no definitive answer. I can only say that I am pretty confidant it was one of these guys: John Baker, Willie Banks, Pete Case, Charlie Harper, Len Johnson, Jerry Shay, or Willie Young

[/quote]

It was not willie Young or Willie Banks... so that leaves 5 possibles

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]what 3 quarterbacks have the most touchdowns in Giant history?
                                [/quote]

That's got to be the ones who ran the most.... Tarkenton, Hostetler, and Dave Brown.

Comment

Working...
                                X