This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="YATittle1962"]in the 1956 Championship game the Giants wore basketball sneakers due to lack of traction on the frozen field with cleats.
    where did those sneakers come from?
    [/quote]

I think it was from a college basketball team... I remember seeing something on that on the NY Giants history DVD

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]in the 1956 Championship game the Giants wore basketball sneakers due to lack of traction on the frozen field with cleats.
      [/quote]

I think it was from a college basketball team... I remember seeing something on that on the NY Giants history DVD

[/quote]
      that was for the '34 Championship.
      good call though.
      thats where they got the idea for the '56 game.

Comment

[/quote]

Didn't someone onthe staff know someone who owned a sporting goods store?

Comment

[quote user="yo-ho"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's my guess to

Comment

What is the Jay fund, and more importantly, how many true Giants fans will be there???

Comment

Clarence Childs{64-67] was DB. What else was he very good at?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="yo-ho"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's my guess to

[/quote]
                close....
                one of the players did.
                who was it?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="yo-ho"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's my guess to

[/quote]
                  close....
                  one of the players did.
                  who was it?
                  [/quote]

Don Hendrick [QB] ?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="yo-ho"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's my guess to

[/quote]
                    close....
                    one of the players did.
                    who was it?
                    [/quote]

Don Hendrick [QB] ?

[/quote]
                    Andy Robustelli

Comment

[/quote]

hahahaha... Cheat... inside info! I graduated from Manhattan College in 1968. It was the sneakers from their men's basketball team. It made the difference in that game.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

hahahaha... Cheat... inside info! I graduated from Manhattan College in 1968. It was the sneakers from their men's basketball team. It made the difference in that game.

[/quote]

Dang, I blew it again... you are right, it was Manhattan College and the '34 championship.

I'll say... uh, Korvettes... or Fordham, or Modell's?

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                          that was the '34 game.
                          a guy named Abe Cohen was dispatched by Owen and Well Mara to Manhattan College to get the basketball teams sneakers.
                          in '56 Mara remembered that and knew Robustelli owned a sporting good store and asked if he could order a few dozen.
                          so he did.

Comment

what team has Eli thrown more picks to than any other team?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]what team has Eli thrown more picks to than any other team?
                              [/quote]

Off the top of my head I'd say the Vikings

Name our stadium announcer every game up until recently

and Clarence Childs was known for what besides being a DB?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]what team has Eli thrown more picks to than any other team?
                                [/quote]

Off the top of my head I'd say the Vikings

Name our stadium announcer every game up until recently

and Clarence Childs was known for what besides being a DB?

[/quote]

Was he known for something outside of Football? Otherwise, I can only remember that he was a pretty decent kickoff returner

Comment

Working...
                                X