This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="SEC105"]I should have been more specific. What player actually scored [crossing the goal line]the most TDs in one game. Tiki or someone may may have tied it but I was thinking about someone in the early eighties[/quote]

In the 80's? If it wasn't Joe Morris the only other one I can think of would be O.J. Anderson.

If it isn't Anderson it would have to be Rob Carpenter. I don't think our receivers would have 4 in one game... in the 80's that would have to be Bavaro, Bobby Johnson, or Steven Baker

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="SEC105"]I should have been more specific. What player actually scored [crossing the goal line]the most TDs in one game. Tiki or someone may may have tied it but I was thinking about someone in the early eighties[/quote]

In the 80's? If it wasn't Joe Morris the only other one I can think of would be O.J. Anderson.

If it isn't Anderson it would have to be Rob Carpenter. I don't think our receivers would have 4 in one game... in the 80's that would have to be Bavaro, Bobby Johnson, or Steven Baker

[/quote]
      I think Earnest Gray had four tds in one game.
      I could be wrong though

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
        I could be wrong though
        [/quote]

I know that Gray was the last Giant to lead the NFC in receiptions. I think he had 78

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]I should have been more specific. What player actually scored [crossing the goal line]the most TDs in one game. Tiki or someone may may have tied it but I was thinking about someone in the early eighties[/quote]
          Tiki, Joe Morrison, Del Shofner, Joe Morris, Ron Johnson.....
          I know they all have games with 3
          is it one of them?
          [/quote]

I would go with Joe Morris he had 21 in a single season so he musta had a bunch in a single game.

I love this thread but for some reason or another I always view it after the questions are answered. I do know alot of em.

Who was the only Giant to ever play basketball for the Harlem Magicians?

[/quote]

All good choices but it was a WR around 1980 with 4 in one game

Was it Odessa Turner who played for the Harlem Magicians?

[/quote]
          Earnest Gray?
          [/quote]

YA beat me to it... I would have also guessed Earnest Gray... tall enough and athletic

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]I should have been more specific. What player actually scored [crossing the goal line]the most TDs in one game. Tiki or someone may may have tied it but I was thinking about someone in the early eighties[/quote]
            is it one of them?
            [/quote]

I would go with Joe Morris he had 21 in a single season so he musta had a bunch in a single game.

I love this thread but for some reason or another I always view it after the questions are answered. I do know alot of em.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope not Odessa, but he did play on the same team, years.

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
              I could be wrong though
              [/quote]

I know that Gray was the last Giant to lead the NFC in receiptions. I think he had 78

[/quote]

Ernest Gray in 1980[?] was the manwith 4 tds...........if I'm not mistaken he had3 in another game that same year

Name the DB with the most consecutive games with at least one interception?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
                I could be wrong though
                [/quote]

[/quote]

Ernest Gray in 1980[?] was the manwith 4 tds...........if I'm not mistaken he had3 in another game that same year

[/quote]

For this off the top of my head Emlin Tunnel he had scads of em.

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
                  I could be wrong though
                  [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Logical answer but it was a player in the 1960s

Can we get a hint on who played for the Harlem Magicians?

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"]

is it one of them?
                    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He was born Feb. 4, 1959

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
                      I could be wrong though
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spider?

Hint: Drafted 1981

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
                        I could be wrong though
                        [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spider?

[/quote]

Was it Willie Williams?

Comment

Here's an interesting one for you. When he was a punt returner, Spider Lockhart had a peculiar way of catching the ball when he called for a fair catch. How did he catch the ball?

Comment

[quote user="yo-ho"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
                            I could be wrong though
                            [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spider?

[/quote]

Was it Willie Williams?

[/quote]

Nope, He is from Williamsburg Va.

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"]

is it one of them?
                              [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He was born Feb. 4, 1959

[/quote]

LOL , well that one narrows it down...........gonna find the answer

Yeah it was Willie Williams with 6 games in arow

Name the player with the fewest fair catches on a puntin a season. He tied his own record........TWICE

Comment

When he was at college he once asked if he could play with the basketball team. When they said no he yanked the rim off the backboard and said now nobody plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X