This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]I should have been more specific. What player actually scored [crossing the goal line]the most TDs in one game. Tiki or someone may may have tied it but I was thinking about someone in the early eighties[/quote]
    Tiki, Joe Morrison, Del Shofner, Joe Morris, Ron Johnson.....
    I know they all have games with 3
    is it one of them?
    [/quote]

I would go with Joe Morris he had 21 in a single season so he musta had a bunch in a single game.

I love this thread but for some reason or another I always view it after the questions are answered. I do know alot of em.

Who was the only Giant to ever play basketball for the Harlem Magicians?

[/quote]

All good choices but it was a WR around 1980 with 4 in one game

Was it Odessa Turner who played for the Harlem Magicians?

[/quote]

Nope not Odessa, but he did play on the same team, years.

[/quote]

He was born Feb. 4, 1959

[/quote]

LOL , well that one narrows it down...........gonna find the answer

Yeah it was Willie Williams with 6 games in arow

Name the player with the fewest fair catches on a puntin a season. He tied his own record........TWICE

[/quote]

Leon "Not so" Bright

[/quote]

Exactly He had Zero fair catches 3 years in a row. Member that shot he took against Detroit , the guy flattened him and Bright had not eventouched the ball. The guy had no fear for better or worse Still working on the basketball one

[/quote]

With all the hints? One of the guys he yanked the rim down in front of was Mike'ie Jordan.

Now you have to get it!

[/quote]

Lionel Manuel , he has to it...................if not I'm still not giving up!!! LOL

What was th e name of the Redskins QB when we beat them 17-0 [86 NFC Championship] to go to the Super Bowl?

[/quote]

No not Lionel. Review the clues

Jay Shrader?

[/quote]

Thats him

Was the BB player a WR?

What was Lewis Tillmans number? [RB]

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Tillman wore 34. Was that a question?

Comment

Believe he was #34. I liked him. He played for us for 4-5 years.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="jints10"]Who was the Giants big Defensive Draft pick the year the current Giants stadium opened?[/quote]

This is a very sad one... No. 77, Troy Archer out of Colorado. He was great and was destined to be a long time All Pro if it weren't for his accidental death... to me, one of the saddest days in my Giant memory. I am always pleased to see that one our guys here uses his name.

Hey, you got most of my last name keerect... zimmer... good job.

[/quote]

Yea ya did it again, way to go!

It is sad about Archer. We would have really had a solid D if he were to play as projected.

Comment

DE from "77"-"82" from USC. The old black and white score board at Giants Stadium had his likeness swinging his arm around his head to get the fans pumped?

Comment

Gary Jeter...I still find myself doing that Jeter motion sometimes at games

Just had a mind block on the LT question. I was convinced it was a WR LOL...my next guess was going to be Stephen Baker[:$]

AT Giants Stadium , what level holds the most amount of people

1] Upper Tier

2] Lower Tier

3] Mezzanine

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Just had a mind block on the LT question. I was convinced it was a WR LOL...my next guess was going to be Stephen Baker[:$]

1] Upper Tier

2] Lower Tier

3] Mezzanine

[/quote]

I'll say Upper Tier. I sit in the lower tier. I think the Mezzanine holds the least

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

1] Upper Tier

2] Lower Tier

3] Mezzanine

[/quote]

I'll say Upper Tier. I sit in the lower tier. I think the Mezzanine holds the least

[/quote]

Tillman was No. 34 , correct on that one Z

Lower about 34,000

upper tier about 33,000

mezzanine about 10,500

Name the QB and WR who connected on the longest TD reception in Giant history [98 yards]

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

1] Upper Tier

2] Lower Tier

3] Mezzanine

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tillman was No. 34 , correct on that one Z

Lower about 34,000

upper tier about 33,000

mezzanine about 10,500

Name the QB and WR who connected on the longest TD reception in Giant history [98 yards]

[/quote]

Homer Jones and Fran tarkenton?

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="SEC105"]I should have been more specific. What player actually scored [crossing the goal line]the most TDs in one game. Tiki or someone may may have tied it but I was thinking about someone in the early eighties[/quote]

In the 80's? If it wasn't Joe Morris the only other one I can think of would be O.J. Anderson.

If it isn't Anderson it would have to be Rob Carpenter. I don't think our receivers would have 4 in one game... in the 80's that would have to be Bavaro, Bobby Johnson, or Steven Baker

[/quote]
                    I think Earnest Gray had four tds in one game.
                    I could be wrong though
                    [/quote]

I know that Gray was the last Giant to lead the NFC in receiptions. I think he had 78

[/quote]

Ernest Gray in 1980[?] was the manwith 4 tds...........if I'm not mistaken he had3 in another game that same year

Name the DB with the most consecutive games with at least one interception?

[/quote]

For this off the top of my head Emlin Tunnel he had scads of em.

[/quote]

Logical answer but it was a player in the 1960s

Can we get a hint on who played for the Harlem Magicians?

[/quote]

wow i missed alot......
                    **** Lynch???
                    Spider?

was this already answered?...
                    Im lost........

Comment

lol, YA... It was answered... Willie Williams.

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

1] Upper Tier

2] Lower Tier

3] Mezzanine

[/quote]

Gary Jeter is correct, and I guessed lower bowl too.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="yo-ho"]Come on, doesn't anyone else remember how Lockhart used to make fair catches???[/quote]

Did he used to make the catches like Willie Mays.....Basket style?

[/quote]

I'll say he caught the ball in front of his chest/face, with his two hands facing thumbs in and close together.

[/quote]

That's pretty close, he used to catch them with his hands, in front of his face, butover his head. It used to scare me to death, but he never dropped any to my memory.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

Believe he was #34. I liked him. He played for us for 4-5 years.

[/quote]

Yes, it was #34, and I liked him as well, but with Rodney hampton there he didn't get too many opportunites. Played hard on speecial teams and ran very well when he came in. He had that slashing style of running.

He ended up in Chicago and I seem to recall that he ran well there for a year or so, but then he faded away.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="SEC105"]I should have been more specific. What player actually scored [crossing the goal line]the most TDs in one game. Tiki or someone may may have tied it but I was thinking about someone in the early eighties[/quote]

In the 80's? If it wasn't Joe Morris the only other one I can think of would be O.J. Anderson.

If it isn't Anderson it would have to be Rob Carpenter. I don't think our receivers would have 4 in one game... in the 80's that would have to be Bavaro, Bobby Johnson, or Steven Baker

[/quote]
                              I could be wrong though
                              [/quote]

I know that Gray was the last Giant to lead the NFC in receiptions. I think he had 78

[/quote]

Ernest Gray in 1980[?] was the manwith 4 tds...........if I'm not mistaken he had3 in another game that same year

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

wow i missed alot......
                              **** Lynch???
                              Spider?

Im lost........
                              [/quote]

We will get you up to speed YA

Last question was longest pass completion for TD [98 yards]. Who was the QB and WR

MR. Z got the reciever correct but not the QB

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[/quote]
                                I could be wrong though
                                [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

wow i missed alot......
                                **** Lynch???
                                Spider?

Im lost........
                                [/quote]

We will get you up to speed YA

Last question was longest pass completion for TD [98 yards]. Who was the QB and WR

MR. Z got the reciever correct but not the QB

[/quote]

Earl Morrall ?

Comment

Working...
                                X