This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="SEC105"]I should have been more specific. What player actually scored [crossing the goal line]the most TDs in one game. Tiki or someone may may have tied it but I was thinking about someone in the early eighties[/quote]

In the 80's? If it wasn't Joe Morris the only other one I can think of would be O.J. Anderson.

If it isn't Anderson it would have to be Rob Carpenter. I don't think our receivers would have 4 in one game... in the 80's that would have to be Bavaro, Bobby Johnson, or Steven Baker

[/quote]
    I think Earnest Gray had four tds in one game.
    I could be wrong though
    [/quote]

I know that Gray was the last Giant to lead the NFC in receiptions. I think he had 78

[/quote]

Ernest Gray in 1980[?] was the manwith 4 tds...........if I'm not mistaken he had3 in another game that same year

Name the DB with the most consecutive games with at least one interception?

[/quote]

For this off the top of my head Emlin Tunnel he had scads of em.

[/quote]

Logical answer but it was a player in the 1960s

Can we get a hint on who played for the Harlem Magicians?

[/quote]

wow i missed alot......
    **** Lynch???
    Spider?

was this already answered?...
    Im lost........
    [/quote]

We will get you up to speed YA

Last question was longest pass completion for TD [98 yards]. Who was the QB and WR

MR. Z got the reciever correct but not the QB

[/quote]

How about Norm Snead to Homer Jones?

Comment

i got a question its been eating at me for a week now..

it seems to me that there was a rb (maybe mid to late nineties early 2000) that wasn't a starter but was a fan favorite...he was a white dude i cannot remember his name but i do remember everyone cheering everythime he got a chance to run.. i'm surehe was on the giants..does this sound fimilar or am i thinking of a my fav. CFL team...i don't know how you guysrecall as far back as you do..i can't remember last week..

need help.

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

it seems to me that there was a rb (maybe mid to late nineties early 2000) that wasn't a starter but was a fan favorite...he was a white dude i cannot remember his name but i do remember everyone cheering everythime he got a chance to run.. i'm surehe was on the giants..does this sound fimilar or am i thinking of a my fav. CFL team...i don't know how you guysrecall as far back as you do..i can't remember last week..

need help.

[/quote]

Probably Keith Elias, local kid from Toms River NJ. Went to college at Princeton

Comment

[quote user="yo-ho"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="SEC105"]I should have been more specific. What player actually scored [crossing the goal line]the most TDs in one game. Tiki or someone may may have tied it but I was thinking about someone in the early eighties[/quote]

In the 80's? If it wasn't Joe Morris the only other one I can think of would be O.J. Anderson.

If it isn't Anderson it would have to be Rob Carpenter. I don't think our receivers would have 4 in one game... in the 80's that would have to be Bavaro, Bobby Johnson, or Steven Baker

[/quote]
          I think Earnest Gray had four tds in one game.
          I could be wrong though
          [/quote]

I know that Gray was the last Giant to lead the NFC in receiptions. I think he had 78

[/quote]

Ernest Gray in 1980[?] was the manwith 4 tds...........if I'm not mistaken he had3 in another game that same year

Name the DB with the most consecutive games with at least one interception?

[/quote]

For this off the top of my head Emlin Tunnel he had scads of em.

[/quote]

Logical answer but it was a player in the 1960s

Can we get a hint on who played for the Harlem Magicians?

[/quote]

wow i missed alot......
          **** Lynch???
          Spider?

was this already answered?...
          Im lost........
          [/quote]

We will get you up to speed YA

Last question was longest pass completion for TD [98 yards]. Who was the QB and WR

MR. Z got the reciever correct but not the QB

[/quote]

How about Norm Snead to Homer Jones?

[/quote]
          i got this one
          it was Earl Morrall to Homer Jones
          Ill go one further
          it was against Pittsburgh in a forgetable season.
          we won one game that year and tied the Steelers in that game

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

need help.

[/quote]

Probably Keith Elias, local kid from Toms River NJ. Went to college at Princeton

[/quote]

Had to be Elias, mid 90's, or Greg Comella in the late 90's

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

need help.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
              i really liked Comella

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

need help.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
                i really liked Comella
                [/quote]

as did I

Comment

ELIAS!!!!! that was it....you guys are brilliant..thanks alot.

Comment

How many picks did D1ick Lynch have as a Giant?
                    how many did he have in his career ?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]How many picks did D1ick Lynch have as a Giant?
                      how many did he have in his career ?
                      [/quote]

35 I remember cuz they featured him in one of the Game Bill's they hand out at the parking toll booths.

I dont know how many he had for career

Comment

Who wore #63 for the Super Bowl XXI Giants?

Comment

Name the player with the most fair catches on punt returns in Giant history?

[ yup it was Morral to Homer Jones 98 yard TD] Nice callZ and YA

Comment

[quote user="jints10"]Who wore #63 for the Super Bowl XXI Giants?[/quote]
                            i used to study this stuff.
                            i would have the team year book and try to remember all the numbers of players........
                            no im not that big a loser....everyone has their thing they do in the john....hahahaha

my instinct is screaming Karl Nelson

Im probably wrong

Lynch had 37 career picks.....only 2 with the skins

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"]Who wore #63 for the Super Bowl XXI Giants?[/quote]
                              i used to study this stuff.
                              i would have the team year book and try to remember all the numbers of players........
                              no im not that big a loser....everyone has their thing they do in the john....hahahaha

my instinct is screaming Karl Nelson

Im probably wrong

Lynch had 37 career picks.....only 2 with the skins
                              [/quote]

Yep it was Nelson

Ialways kept aGiantsMedia Guide in the john.

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Name the player with the most fair catches on punt returns in Giant history?

[ yup it was Morral to Homer Jones 98 yard TD] Nice callZ and YA

[/quote]

and the answer is?

Comment

Working...
                                X