X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

Name the player with the most fair catches on punt returns in Giant history?

[ yup it was Morral to Homer Jones 98 yard TD] Nice callZ and YA

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

Just cuz he did it the longest I can remember, Meggett

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very close Jints10.........just a little before Megget

Side note: Sorry about Brad Van Pelt.......never got to tell you that and I knowhe was your favorite

Great Giant my friend

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Side note: Sorry about Brad Van Pelt.......never got to tell you that and I knowhe was your favorite

Great Giant my friend

[/quote]

Gots to be McConkey. He was the Leon Bright antithesis... but, McConk was a smart player... didn't take unnecessary risks... which also made Tuna happy.

Comment

I would agree with McConkey

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Great Giant my friend

[/quote]

With your hint, I have to agree with Zim and Y.A., McConkey

We used to go see the players enter the Stadium on gamedays. We couldnt wait for Brad Van Pelt, he always made himself available to fans, signing autographs and answering questions. Brad was always a class act both on and off the field.

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Great Giant my friend

[/quote]

We used to go see the players enter the Stadium on gamedays. We couldnt wait for Brad Van Pelt, he always made himself available to fans, signing autographs and answering questions. Brad was always a class act both on and off the field.

[/quote]
              you know who was like that?
              Andy Robustelli.

One day after a game at Yankee stadium I guess around 62 or 63 we all went on the field like everyone would do in those days.
              I guess my dad and uncle got to talking to Robustelli and they asked if he would take a picture with me so Andy picked me up and sat me on his left shoulder.
              I have no memory of it but I do remember having the picture and hearing the story at every Thanksgiving and Christmas after.
              unfortunately over the years and lots of moves the picture has been lost or deeply misplaced for I have not seen it in years and years.
              Andy is a kind soul

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Great Giant my friend

[/quote]

[/quote]
                Andy Robustelli.

One day after a game at Yankee stadium I guess around 62 or 63 we all went on the field like everyone would do in those days.
                I guess my dad and uncle got to talking to Robustelli and they asked if he would take a picture with me so Andy picked me up and sat me on his left shoulder.
                I have no memory of it but I do remember having the picture and hearing the story at every Thanksgiving and Christmas after.
                unfortunately over the years and lots of moves the picture has been lost or deeply misplaced for I have not seen it in years and years.
                Andy is a kind soul
                [/quote]

Nice story...too bad you don't have the pics. Like when my grandfather gave me a ball autographed by all the '52 or '53 Dodgers, when I was 6-7. All my heroes were on that ball. When I was 10 - 11, we needed a ball for our sandlot games. We used it until the jacket was ripping off.

My aunt knew Robustelli and always said he was a real nice man. In '58 - '60 she was good friends with the NYG Offensive line... had 6-8 of them over every Monday after a game for big stew dinners. Frank Youso had them chip in for a handmade wool Blue Blanket with the Old Yankee Stadium Logowith theQuarter Back over topin the center in red and white. I'm going to take a pic of it and use it in my sig, someday when I figure out how to do it. I could use it for my avatar, too. Right now I'm using a drawing my grand daughter drew.

Now that Plax is back, we can concentrate on moving forward.

An easy one, now that I mentioned a wide receiver...

Who gets an assist for touching the ball before a Simms to McConkey TD in SB XX1?

This question should require 1 second of thinking. I'll have to think of a tougher one soon.

My aunt knew Rob

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Great Giant my friend

[/quote]

[/quote]
                  Andy Robustelli.

Andy is a kind soul
                  [/quote]

Nice story...too bad you don't have the pics. Like when my grandfather gave me a ball autographed by all the '52 or '53 Dodgers, when I was 6-7. All my heroes were on that ball. When I was 10 - 11, we needed a ball for our sandlot games. We used it until the jacket was ripping off.

My aunt knew Robustelli and always said he was a real nice man. In '58 - '60 she was good friends with the NYG Offensive line... had 6-8 of them over every Monday after a game for big stew dinners. Frank Youso had them chip in for a handmade wool Blue Blanket with the Old Yankee Stadium Logowith theQuarter Back over topin the center in red and white. I'm going to take a pic of it and use it in my sig, someday when I figure out how to do it. I could use it for my avatar, too. Right now I'm using a drawing my grand daughter drew.

Who gets an assist for touching the ball before a Simms to McConkey TD in SB XX1?

This question should require 1 second of thinking. I'll have to think of a tougher one soon.

My aunt knew Rob

[/quote]

Bavaro

What Giant was drafted to play offense, became a starter on defence for the Giants,and later became a Head Coach but not for the Giants.

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Great Giant my friend

[/quote]

[/quote]
                    Andy Robustelli.

Andy is a kind soul
                    [/quote]

My aunt knew Rob

[/quote]

Bavaro

What Giant was drafted to play offense, became a starter on defence for the Giants,and later became a Head Coach but not for the Giants.

[/quote]
                    was gunna say Modzelewski but i dont think he ever had offensive experience....

.......I'm thinkin I'm thinkin.......

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Great Giant my friend

[/quote]

[/quote]
                      Andy Robustelli.

Andy is a kind soul
                      [/quote]

My aunt knew Rob

[/quote]

Bavaro

[/quote]
                      was gunna say Modzelewski but i dont think he ever had offensive experience....

.......I'm thinkin I'm thinkin.......

[/quote]
                      was he drafted by the Giants?

Comment

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Great Giant my friend

[/quote]

[/quote]
                        Andy Robustelli.

Andy is a kind soul
                        [/quote]

My aunt knew Rob

[/quote]

Bavaro

[/quote]

Geez, just noticed my guess 3 hours ago didn't post... I'll try **** Nolan

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="jints10"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

and the answer is?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Great Giant my friend

[/quote]

[/quote]
                          Andy Robustelli.

Andy is a kind soul
                          [/quote]

My aunt knew Rob

[/quote]

Bavaro

[/quote]

Geez, just noticed my guess 3 hours ago didn't post... I'll try **** Nolan

[/quote]
                          oh good one!
                          I think you might be right....

who caught the first and last pass of Superbowl XLII?

.....remember that guy?

I kid I kid

Comment

Wasn't it Brandon Jacobs?

Comment

Had to be our old Pal Plax

Comment

Those are some great stories gang. When my father got season tickets in 1963 he took meto the Giants luncheon they have before the season starts every year. We able to walk along the long table that the players sit at and I got the autographs of every body on the team starting form the lowest uniformnumber to the highest. Just some ofthe names Title , Gifford ,Patton , Lynch , Webster and so on. I was meeting the Gods of football. I think that paper is somewhere stowed away [maybe attic]but I have not seen it in years. Also had my picture taken being flanked by YA and Gifford which was printed in the local paper. I was Mr. Popular in grade school for a few days LOL. Gotta find that picture , may have go to the archives of the local paper.

Getting back to the thread , Name the Denver BroncosRunning back Gary Reasons Pulverized on the infamous 4 and inches from the goal line? Dec. 1989

It was McConkey with most fair catches waving that hand over his head. He rarely muffed any though

Was Tom Landry the player drafted for one position and played another , then went on to HC?

for you knowwho?

Comment

Working...
                                X