X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="SEC105"]

Those are some great stories gang. When my father got season tickets in 1963 he took meto the Giants luncheon they have before the season starts every year. We able to walk along the long table that the players sit at and I got the autographs of every body on the team starting form the lowest uniformnumber to the highest. Just some ofthe names Title , Gifford ,Patton , Lynch , Webster and so on. I was meeting the Gods of football. I think that paper is somewhere stowed away [maybe attic]but I have not seen it in years. Also had my picture taken being flanked by YA and Gifford which was printed in the local paper. I was Mr. Popular in grade school for a few days LOL. Gotta find that picture , may have go to the archives of the local paper.

Getting back to the thread , Name the Denver BroncosRunning back Gary Reasons Pulverized on the infamous 4 and inches from the goal line? Dec. 1989

It was McConkey with most fair catches waving that hand over his head. He rarely muffed any though

Was Tom Landry the player drafted for one position and played another , then went on to HC?

for you knowwho?

[/quote]

wow good one....Landry

great story about the luncheon.
    those were day days werent they?

that would be Bobby Humphrey my friend.
    he was a rookie.

I loved Gary Reasons

Comment

hi guys I have question I don't have an answer for reading the lastest posts here it came to mind.

I remember a punt/kick returner that hardly ever took a fair catch i think durning the parcell era. And I remember him taking a big hit on a punt think he was hurt on that play also just remember the hit. Aw well vague I know any ideas

Comment

Thanks YA , those were the days , the players were so much moreapproachable back then

Bobby Humphrey is correct. He must have been woozy for days after that shot!

Heres another and I think this one is pretty tough , Name our placekicker during the heart breaking lossto the Jets in the last game of the season in 1988.The game that knocked us out of the playoffs

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]

Those are some great stories gang. When my father got season tickets in 1963 he took meto the Giants luncheon they have before the season starts every year. We able to walk along the long table that the players sit at and I got the autographs of every body on the team starting form the lowest uniformnumber to the highest. Just some ofthe names Title , Gifford ,Patton , Lynch , Webster and so on. I was meeting the Gods of football. I think that paper is somewhere stowed away [maybe attic]but I have not seen it in years. Also had my picture taken being flanked by YA and Gifford which was printed in the local paper. I was Mr. Popular in grade school for a few days LOL. Gotta find that picture , may have go to the archives of the local paper.

Getting back to the thread , Name the Denver BroncosRunning back Gary Reasons Pulverized on the infamous 4 and inches from the goal line? Dec. 1989

It was McConkey with most fair catches waving that hand over his head. He rarely muffed any though

Was Tom Landry the player drafted for one position and played another , then went on to HC?

for you knowwho?

[/quote]

wow good one....Landry

great story about the luncheon.
          those were day days werent they?

that would be Bobby Humphrey my friend.
          he was a rookie.

I loved Gary Reasons

[/quote]

Good story, SEC. Those were the days they all would give you an autograph and not expect dollars in return. Find that pic someday and post it here as a sig.

Yeah, I liked Reasons, too. He fit perfect with Carson, LT, and Banks, and never seemed bothered that they all had bigger reps than him... sorta like Kelly, before Reasons, whotook back seat to Van Pelt, Carson, and then LT. Kelly, like Reasons, played with heart.

Tom Landry was also a good guess. It had to be him or Nolan...

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Thanks YA , those were the days , the players were so much moreapproachable back then

Heres another and I think this one is pretty tough , Name our placekicker during the heart breaking lossto the Jets in the last game of the season in 1988.The game that knocked us out of the playoffs

[/quote]

88?
            that had to be McFadden?...no?
            his only season as a Giant I believe.......

...and what a heartbreaking loss is was

I was at that game.

Comment

you guys remember the old red GIANTS STADIUM sign on the stadium?
              when did they change it to the blue sign?

Comment

I dug it up, Leon Bright he played under ray perkins

Comment

what corner back that played for the Giants for 2 or 3 seasons toward the end of his career led the league in interceptions 3 times?

still a record ...I think ?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]what corner back that played for the Giants for 2 or 3 seasons toward the end of his career led the league in interceptions 3 times?

[/quote] was it E Walls

Comment

[quote user="byron"][quote user="YATittle1962"]what corner back that played for the Giants for 2 or 3 seasons toward the end of his career led the league in interceptions 3 times?

[/quote] was it E Walls[/quote]

yes sir
                      Everson Walls #28

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="byron"][quote user="YATittle1962"]what corner back that played for the Giants for 2 or 3 seasons toward the end of his career led the league in interceptions 3 times?

[/quote] was it E Walls[/quote]

yes sir
                        Everson Walls #28

[/quote]

I got lucky, because of another thread on the 1990 team.I read a article about the 90 championship game wheretheymade mention of him and what the game meant to him. I have been watching the giants for as long as I can remember but my memory is no where as good as you guys. Reading this thread brings things back lol sucks to get old. anyway good stuff.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

88?
                          that had to be McFadden?...no?
                          his only season as a Giant I believe.......

...and what a heartbreaking loss is was

I was at that game.

[/quote]

McFadden? I totally forgot him. I know Allegre was around then, and would have picked him. Did he get injured, and so we got McFadden? That loss was brutal, and hurt more because I think they beat us as the home team in our house.

I looked up Nolan. Hard to piece together but he was a QB At White Plains High, and went to Maryland where they won the Nat'l Championship in '53... it doesn't specify, but I think he played QB at Maryland. He was drafted 4th rnd in '54, andwas converted tosafety for us.

Comment

ok fellas one just popped in to my head.

in the mid '60s when Em Tunnell was coaching the Giants secondary , what was the nickname his guys (Spider Lockhart, Willie Williams, Clarence Childs, Henry Carr. ect.) aquired as a group?

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]ok fellas one just popped in to my head.

in the mid '60s when Em Tunnell was coaching the Giants secondary , what was the nickname his guys (Spider Lockhart, Willie Williams, Clarence Childs, Henry Carr. ect.) aquired as a group?
                              [/quote]

I was baffled for a few seconds, and then it hit me... Emlin's Gremlins???

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]ok fellas one just popped in to my head.

[/quote]

I was baffled for a few seconds, and then it hit me... Emlin's Gremlins???

[/quote]
                                wow...nice call.![B]
                                thats not one you hear about much........you kinda had to be there.

who wore #80 during the 1990 season?

Comment

Working...
                                X